GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays customers hit by computer glitch - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays customers hit by computer glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays customers hit by computer glitch

Barclays customers hit by computer glitch

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 26th October 2015 09:21
    Bank hit by computer failure which left some customers unable to withdraw cash or make payments

Barclays bank customers were left unable to access their money over the weekend. Bank customers were unable to withdraw cash from ATMs or make payments after an “internal infrastructure failure” was complicated by the company’s scheduled maintenance. A Barclays spokesman confirmed that the issues were internal and were not caused by a cyber attack. Concerns about internet security are running high after four million TalkTalk customers’ personal and financial details were stolen by online criminals last week.

The lender said on Sunday morning it was “‘currently still seeing high volumes of customers calling us this morning”. A spokesman said that because the banks’ computers were down staff in the call centres were unable to access personal details. The computer system failure came ahead of a planned update to coincide with the end of British Summer Time at 2am but the earlier issues meant there was a delay before the bank’s systems were up and running again....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X