GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Film and music fans given power to claim compensation for computer viruses - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Film and music fans given power to claim compensation for computer viruses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film and music fans given power to claim compensation for computer viruses

Film and music fans given power to claim compensation for computer viruses

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 1st October 2015 12:00
    New consumer powers enforced from today now protect you if you buy digital content that harms your computer Film and music fans who buy songs and movies online are for the first time entitled to compensation if they download a virus which harms their computer.

Official figures show as many as one in three UK adult internet users have their computers infected with a virus every year. Those who have paid for their online content could now recoup hundreds of pounds in compensation from providers, thanks to new consumer powers introduced on today as part of the revised Consumer Rights Act. Experts have hailed the act, which drastically modernises retail rules designed for the Seventies and Eighties, as "the biggest reform to shoppers’ rights in a generation". For the first time it protects British shoppers buying anything supplied in digital form - including content sold through major websites such as Netflix, iTunes and Spotify......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X