GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script copycat website that enticed thousands of taxpayers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

copycat website that enticed thousands of taxpayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copycat website that enticed thousands of taxpayers

copycat website that enticed thousands of taxpayers

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 10th August 2014 16:00.

Follow up: How bosses at copycat website Taxreturngateway sang 'We're In The Money' as they racked up £7m in just FOUR MONTHSThe extraordinary...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: copycat website that enticed thousands of taxpayers

dont get it! Why would anyone want to part with money on a third-party website for tax submission?! You either do it directly via HMRC, or through your accountant!
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Some people don't have an accountant and don't realise HMRC is free.

We get quite a lot of people telephone asking if we are the tax office, because they search for self assessment and our website comes up first on the list (in certain areas), they don't even check our company name, they just assume we are HMRC. If they are that naive then the same people would probably pay to submit their self assessment on a website they "think" is HMRC.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many gullible people around and so gullible one wonders how they managed to make enough money to be taxed

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Many gullible people around and so gullible one wonders how they managed to make enough money to be taxed
          well that's another issue
          Plenty of people are unsure what expenses to claim for. So they could be short and end up paying tax when they shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            I was thinking exactly this!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
            X