GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Change Charging Order & Bankruptcy Thresholds e-Petition - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Charging Order & Bankruptcy Thresholds e-Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Charging Order & Bankruptcy Thresholds e-Petition

Change Charging Order & Bankruptcy Thresholds e-Petition

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 10th April 2013 10:08.

*Change Charging Order & Bankruptcy Thresholds*

We call on the government to stick to the original promise to raise the threshold of Charging Orders (CO's) to £25,000. Justice Minister Helen Grant reckons by increasing the threshold it would lead to more Bankruptcy (BR) petitions being presented so we also call on the BR threshold to be raised to £25,000 as well.

The problem we have is that allowing DCA's to go for a charge on an unsecured debt is tantamount to mis-selling as all unsecured credit must therefore come with a warning that it could become secured and thus you could be in a much worse financial position. Additionally, higher APR's for unsecured lending should be abolished as all lending would technically become secured meaning lower rates should be offered across the board.

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Change Charging Order & Bankruptcy Thresholds e-Petition

You will also see the direct link to sign this petition at the base of most our mods signatures (mine included)
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X