GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welfare Shake-Up 'Could Increase Fraud' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welfare Shake-Up 'Could Increase Fraud'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welfare Shake-Up 'Could Increase Fraud'

Welfare Shake-Up 'Could Increase Fraud'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd April 2013 09:54.

*A report warns that the IT system used with Universal Credit could expose it to fraud.* MPs have raised fears that the Government's welfare...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Welfare Shake-Up 'Could Increase Fraud'

Instead of spending money on shake-ups, the government could be spending it on creating jobs, that way there would be no need for people to be claiming benefits and no need to cut them. Only those unable to work would be on long-term benefits, otherwise they would be used to cover for short periods of unemployment. I know people who really want to work but there just aren't enough jobs to go around.

Comment

I have heard that the previous system would flag up everyone whos claiming housing benifit under the same property, because you can fake ID, but you cant fake property housing benifits claim against.

The new system does not yet have a way to flag up if more than 1 person is claiming housing benifit at the same address.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That sounds like a basic thing to do using a database, you'd just have to key in the address and see who's registered a HB claim on it. Unless there is no access from a central database to individual Local Authorities' databases and the benefits are administered centrally. As they say, if it ain't broke...

This government clearly wants to go down in history for its infamous reforms. In the end it's going to cost more to implement the changes, train people to run the new systems, etc. and this will all go to large, outsourcing companies like Capita. So while the amount actually paid in benefits may be cut, the cost of implementing the changes will go towards the wealthy running those private companies rather than paid out in benefits to those who need them. And that's before you even think about fraud!

Comment

Working...
        X