GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Now banks are trying to pin the blame for card fraud on you - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now banks are trying to pin the blame for card fraud on you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now banks are trying to pin the blame for card fraud on you

Now banks are trying to pin the blame for card fraud on you

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 6th May 2012 09:23.

Customers are increasingly being refused a refund after their bank card was stolen or accounts hacked. If a current account is hacked and fraudsters...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Now banks are trying to pin the blame for card fraud on you

Typical bloody banks!!

This was highlighted on ITV's on 5th April 2012 Fraud Squad programme.

One bank refused to refund a customer's money after his card was hacked because he'd used the merchant previously - it was DVLA!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmm co-op did the same with me.......turned out i'd used a dodgy chip/pin machine in a local garage

benefits went in one day.......account cleaned out the next

thankfully though got nearly all of it back although still arguing about £60 they still owe me

Comment

Happened to me twice.

Bought camcorder from a "pop up" shop for hubby's birthday; a week later over a grand taken for "carpets" in a shop I'd never heard of and a town I'd never visited.

Coincidence?

Also, I visited a fuel station and bought £20 of petrol. Couple of days later, £80 of fuel and 200 fags bought at SAME fuel station on my card. I can't even get £80 of fuel in my car!!!

Anyhow, my "then" bank, HSBC, refunded immediately that it was brought to their attention......
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I have a long running case currently which involves a card fraud which is a possibly no(notice to NID that help might be needed on this one but off the forum for the time being). It is slightly more complicated that the above but we have spent 6 months simply trying to sort out a final response.

Comment

I had a charge for Mcafee security software debited from my current account.

The bank treid to argue i had bought it, but as i had an apple computer at the time they had to back down!

Comment

Working...
            X