GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Game Group set to become biggest High Street casualty since Woolworths as it calls in administrators - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Group set to become biggest High Street casualty since Woolworths as it calls in administrators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Group set to become biggest High Street casualty since Woolworths as it calls in administrators

Game Group set to become biggest High Street casualty since Woolworths as it calls in administrators

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 21st March 2012 22:07.

Game Group is set to become the next major retailer to disappear from the High Street as it called in the administrators today. The video games...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Game Group set to become biggest High Street casualty since Woolworths as it calls in administra

Game Group suspends gift and loyalty cards after entering administration

Retailer says funds on reward cards cannot be redeemed and refunds or exchanges are no longer available for goods.

Game Group has announced it has suspended its gift card and loyalty card schemes after going into administration. The gaming chain, which also includes the Gamestation brand, said it would not be able to offer refunds or exchanges for products – even those purchased before it went into administration on 26 March. The retailer also said it expects "some disruption to our online services over the next few days", and confirmed that it would not be accepting new pre-orders until further notice and is also refusing to offer refunds for pre-order deposits. In an official statement posted on Facebook, the firm said it would be "reviewing this over the next week"......Read more here---: Game Group suspends gift and loyalty cards after entering administration
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Game Group set to become biggest High Street casualty since Woolworths as it calls in administra

gotta laugh at the administration process, i get that they are probably hoping for a take over, but all the way through their statement theres things like, you can still get reward points...but cant use them.

Any gift vouchers, cant be used etc etc

Im just glad i didnt have £20 worth of rewards of vouchers laying around.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmm I did.....and a fair few points built up as well

oh well....

Comment

lucky for me, i used all mine when i bought an xbox last year.

Comment

Game Group to carry on trading after OpCapita steps in to buy business

Investment firm says it will retain remaining 333 UK retail stores and safeguard 3,200 jobs.

Stricken retailer Game Group, which went into administration last week, has been given a new lease of life by investment firm OpCapita. The firm will acquire Game's UK assets, retain its remaining 333 UK stores and safeguard more than 3,200 jobs. OpCapita has "no plans for any further store closures", the company said in a statement on Sunday, and will seek to rehire a "small number" of staff made redundant from Game's head office last week. Former Halfords Group chief executive David Hamid, now a partner at OpCapita, has been appointed chairman of Game. A chief executive is expected to be named shortly. Ian Shepherd held the role until last week, when he resigned with immediate effect after a two-year battle to turn the company around.

OpCapita acquired electrical retailer Comet from its owner Kesa Electricals last year for a nominal sum of £2. The financial terms of its Game acquisition have not been disclosed, but it is thought to have paid a nominal sum and taken on the company's debts....Read more here:---- game-group-assets-bought-by-opcapita

Comment

Working...
            X