GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Checked at Airport - Surely Not...? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Checked at Airport - Surely Not...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Checked at Airport - Surely Not...?

This is a total breach of Personal Privacy.

The TV licence issue needs sorted. It's long overdue a re-haul, how can you get a criminal record for non payment yet it's apparently nowt to do with our government? Council tax ditto - lots of people still refuse to pay for one reason or another.

Like me, I pay annually in arrears. Through choice so I'm ALWAYS in arrears, technically by 11 months.

I'd like to see the fuckers refuse me my exit rights!!

--> http://akashictimes.co.uk/brits-with...ng-on-holiday/
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Credit Checked at Airport - Surely Not...?

It was the throw away one liner that was really worrying:

"Its remit could also be extended to other debts"

What other debts would those be? So if you have a CCJ you're not going to be allowed to go on holiday?! What if you travel overseas as part of your job? You would be prevented from carrying out your work duties?

Yet another poorly thought out piece of legislation when existing legislation exists to address the issues at hand.

Or is it poorly thought out legislation, or just an extension of the wedge to restrict our freedoms and rights..............
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt in the UK is not illegal. Hence its a breach of Human Rights.

I'll contact 38 Degrees later and ask them to petition against this. Joke.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Debt in the UK is not illegal. Hence its a breach of Human Rights.

I'll contact 38 Degrees later and ask them to petition against this. Joke.
        No exactly - this is very worrying and another example of 'The States' continued intrusion into civil liberties. When we are already living in a country where people are being locked up by secret courts, where a tax regime are calling for laws to allow them to raid peoples bank accounts at will, where anti-terrorism laws are being used by local councils to spy on people who are off work sick you have to ask where we're headed.
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          It was the throw away one liner that was really worrying:

"Its remit could also be extended to other debts"

What other debts would those be? So if you have a CCJ you're not going to be allowed to go on holiday?! What if you travel overseas as part of your job? You would be prevented from carrying out your work duties?
          I expect they just mean other debts where non payment is a criminal or arrestable offence rather than a civil one.

i.e. egging it up in a vague way for a good headline.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
            I expect they just mean other debts where non payment is a criminal or arrestable offence rather than a civil one.

i.e. egging it up in a vague way for a good headline.
            But do the morons working at our Airports know that? Do they know the difference?

Comment

And this is just one reason why a British Bill of Rights will be inferior to the HRA, As for council tax my Council is again taking the piss and I will be onto my councillor again Monday

A couple of weeks ago we paid of a few debts and council tax was one of them with we paid up to the end of the year a total of £ 292.00 and I sent an email to the Council to clarify it was paid up

This is there email reply

Dear Mr Mug

I write with reference to your e-mail received on 2 January 2015 and apologise for the delay in my response.

According to my records your payment of £292.00 was received on 2 January 2015. There is nothing outstanding for the 2014/2015 Council Tax year and you will not need to make a payment until 1 April 2015.

I trust this clarifies the situation for you, but if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact my office direct.

Yours sincerely

Miss E Light
              Revenues Officer
              Havant Borough Council
              Guess what today I get another review letter when I have already had two this year and the last in Nov 14 and as Govt has abolished periods anyway they can go and jump these fuckers are never happy.

Comment

I would respond as follows.

Dear Miss Light.

Please find enclosed written confirmation that I currently owe nothing for the financial year.

Following your reading of this letter, please approach you manager and state "Please can I have additional training as I am too fucking stupid to do my job"

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                  I would respond as follows.

Dear Miss Light.

Please find enclosed written confirmation that I currently owe nothing for the financial year.

Following your reading of this letter, please approach you manager and state "Please can I have additional training as I am too fucking stupid to do my job"
                  I think she has a light or two blown!

Comment

Working...
                  X