GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by Oct Revolution View Post
    This has already been to court with MKDP and was struck out.
    Sadly Double Jeopardy doesn't apply in civil cases so they can reissue as many times as they wish HOWEVER - and this is the killer - The new claim must have substantial fixes / edits / changes to the original claim which was dismissed / struck out / etc so if it was illegible back then and they issued a claim which was struck out they are still in default of your s.78 request so they would need to remedy the original error(s).

Your solicitor can also apply for costs if you decided to defend any subsequent claim - we're here so don't stress.

Is this a new(ish) account, ie post 04/2007? If so then you were lucky last time - however if it was mine I would probably respond with the LBA as detailed here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856

Don't issue a new CCA as that could cause you more problems.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Oct Revolution View Post
      The Robinson Way letter . . . . is signed by the customer contact manager BUT there is another paragraph underneath that says "...we are aware that legal activity has previously been taken in respect of this account. Our clients solicitors, Howard Cohen and Co, will be applying to the court to change the name of the claimant to Hoist and they will write to confirm.....".

This has already been to court with MKDP and was struck out.
      I've replied to this on your Diary thread > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post544474

Robinson Way (DCA) has written to advise you that their client MKDP (creditor) has asked Howard Cohen (solicitors) to tell the court that the original Claimant has had a name change. That letter doesn't say they will attempt to resurrect the original claim even though that's the implication.

If it were me I'd wait until Howard Cohen write to you unless that DCA letter gives you a deadline before legal stuff will recommence. From the extract you've posted it doesn't sound like a LBA so was there more?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Sadly Double Jeopardy doesn't apply in civil cases so they can reissue as many times as they wish HOWEVER - and this is the killer - The new claim must have substantial fixes / edits / changes to the original claim which was dismissed / struck out / etc so if it was illegible back then and they issued a claim which was struck out they are still in default of your s.78 request so they would need to remedy the original error(s).

Your solicitor can also apply for costs if you decided to defend any subsequent claim - we're here so don't stress.

Is this a new(ish) account, ie post 04/2007? If so then you were lucky last time - however if it was mine I would probably respond with the LBA as detailed here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856

Don't issue a new CCA as that could cause you more problems.
        Hi Niddy,

The credit card account was opened in 2003 with first direct.

Having re-read the letter and taking into account what Plan-b is saying I think it may be best to leave this for now and see what happens next, as there is no threat of action just that Howard, Cohen and Co are applying to the court to change the claimants name to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd.

This is how the buggers word things and start to get people worrying!!

So for the time being I will see if H,C and Co get in touch.

Many thanks for your input Niddy and Plan-B

best regards,
        Last edited by Oct Revolution; 23 December 2015, 11:06.
        Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I've replied to this on your Diary thread > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post544474

Robinson Way (DCA) has written to advise you that their client MKDP (creditor) has asked Howard Cohen (solicitors) to tell the court that the original Claimant has had a name change. That letter doesn't say they will attempt to resurrect the original claim even though that's the implication.

If it were me I'd wait until Howard Cohen write to you unless that DCA letter gives you a deadline before legal stuff will recommence. From the extract you've posted it doesn't sound like a LBA so was there more?

Plan B x
          No, I think you are right Plan-B.

I will hold fire and see if H,C and co get in touch.

regards,
          Oct Revolution

Comment

Yep - that's what to do..... sit tight UNTIL you get a direct threat then send the LBA as detailed above
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, many thanks Niddy

Oct Revolution

Comment

Sorry only just noticed on our UE diary to post info on here ref robbers way taking over as DCA on barclaycard. Here's the info thus far:

original creditor...Barclay card
                last paid...was via a DMP June 2011
                DCAs to date ... Mercers, resolve call, Calder, mkdp and now Robinson way
                Niddy declared UE when we requested CCA and got rubbish back, no signature, just t and c's and again when one of them threatened action and sent cca again, again declared UE by mr niddy

We sent sold in dispute letter (as we'd not seen this thread??) and recently got a "we are yet to receive response from original creditor so are putting a hold on account " dated 7 dec 2015.

Will let let you know if we hear any more. The - puppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  in AAD+.
                  am AAD+ member myself - just cannot find the relevant thread without any clue...

also have read somewhere on the forum about FCA licence issue regarding Hoist (if am not confusing things, I hope)

Comment

Yea Hoist have FCA issues. Hence this thread

AAD+ - look at the two recent cases. Jono & Capricorn.

Keep it off here now. This is public.

Comment

I've stopped getting notifications for this thread so commenting to see if it re-starts updates.

Comment

We had email issues last few days but slowly getting back to normal..... it's always worth logging in daily and not relying solely on update notifications as anything could be affecting emails and flood systems etc

Comment

Update
                          Barclaycard
                          No DCA
                          Last paid Dec 14
                          UE

Recently had a letter from RW and if I don't get in touch they will decide which of the following options to consider
                          1, advise their client to instruct Howard Cohen
                          2. further collection activity , letters and calls
                          There is no direct threat at the moment so I am ignoring this for now.

Comment

Letter from RW today offering a one off payment of half the outstanding balance to clear the debt
                            if not possible I can go online for a CHAT !!

hello RW, NW here, I am just in the mood for a nice chat
                            can i take your ref no?
                            ohh you saucy thing!
                            no i only want your ref no,
                            you could buy a girl a drink before going for the main course.
                            I need your number to look up your file.
                            Now that is down right disgusting you know nothing about me, I come online for a nice chat, as your letter asked me to and you go asking for my number to look me up? you should be ashamed of yourself, i'm off and you need a cold shower young man.

will send SWID
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have had a letter from RW today giving me the following options:

1. A reduction of 50% to clear my balance
                              2. If I am not able to pay a lump sum it may be possible to pay the amount over monthly instalments (I assume they are referring to the reduced amount).
                              3. If neither option is possible I should let them know what I can afford.

Has anyone else received this letter? Is there a method in their madness of appearing to be very nice and helpful or will it help them if it comes down to a court matter?

FB

Comment

Just had the same letter from RW

I believe the early 50% discount offer letter is commonly referred to as the " Not a cat in hells chance of winning" letter

Big offers so early on are usually a good sign

File it away for the future - Worst case scenario they will never get more than their best offer.....
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X