GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by DarkAutumn View Post
    however, it also means they wouldn't have obtained judgment, yet. The whole idea of entering into a Tomlin Order would have been to avoid having a judgment on record.
    Yes, granted - there is no CCJ but in theory when you agree a Tomlin you've admitted full liability (in order to stop a judgment). I was simplifying things, for ease (it was almost 2am) but thanks for clarifying it -
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello all
      Way back in 2002 I took out a credit card with Sky (Barclaycard) in Dec 2009 I made my last payment and in Jan 2010 I started my unenforceability route. I received back a blank application form and replied with your template letters. From Feb 2010 until March 2014 I received statements that appeared to be "on hold" ie - no payments received and no minimum payment due and no interest/over limit/charges added. However on the March 2014 statement there was an amount added for interest and a figure in the minimum payment box. This I ignored. Aprils statement went back to being £ 0 £ 0 £ 0 etc right up till the last statement in October 2014 There were the usual chasing letters from Barclaycard all of which I replied with please respond to my CCA request. Then this was passed to Wescot in Nov 2014 - then to MKDP/MK Rapid Recoveries in March 2015 again I replied to their threats with "its in dispute until I receive my CCA" June 2015 I get another blank application form direct from Barclaycard with a covering letter from MKDP stating Reconstituted Credit Agreement enclosed. Various letter to and fro with me still requested original copy. Sept 2015 letter from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Robinson Way stating they have been assigned this account. All letters have been ignored. Jan 2016 letter from HC Solicitors threatening legal action (ignored)letter the day after from Robinson Way saying my credit file has improved and they expect a payment (ignored). Letter today from Robinson Way saying that I have made no payments under the CCJ and threatening with Warrants, attachments etc.
      Firstly there is no CCJ on this account so a bit bemused to the last letter.
      Also am I correct in thinking that this account is statute Barred as no payment has been made to this account since Dec 2009. If so how can I politely tell them to go and do one.
      Checked my credit file - no CCJ and debt is owned by MKDP - Default date is Dec2014
      Sorry for the long winded post.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster View Post
        Hello all
        Way back in 2002 I took out a credit card with Sky (Barclaycard) in Dec 2009 I made my last payment and in Jan 2010 I started my unenforceability route. I received back a blank application form and replied with your template letters. From Feb 2010 until March 2014 I received statements that appeared to be "on hold" ie - no payments received and no minimum payment due and no interest/over limit/charges added. However on the March 2014 statement there was an amount added for interest and a figure in the minimum payment box. This I ignored. Aprils statement went back to being £ 0 £ 0 £ 0 etc right up till the last statement in October 2014 There were the usual chasing letters from Barclaycard all of which I replied with please respond to my CCA request. Then this was passed to Wescot in Nov 2014 - then to MKDP/MK Rapid Recoveries in March 2015 again I replied to their threats with "its in dispute until I receive my CCA" June 2015 I get another blank application form direct from Barclaycard with a covering letter from MKDP stating Reconstituted Credit Agreement enclosed. Various letter to and fro with me still requested original copy. Sept 2015 letter from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Robinson Way stating they have been assigned this account. All letters have been ignored. Jan 2016 letter from HC Solicitors threatening legal action (ignored)letter the day after from Robinson Way saying my credit file has improved and they expect a payment (ignored). Letter today from Robinson Way saying that I have made no payments under the CCJ and threatening with Warrants, attachments etc.
        Also am I correct in thinking that this account is statute Barred as no payment has been made to this account since Dec 2009. If so how can I politely tell them to go and do one.
        Checked my credit file - no CCJ and debt is owned by MKDP - Default date is Dec2014
        You ought to first check Trust Online to confirm if there is / is not a CCJ --> http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Dependant on what that shows, post back please before doing anything
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

Just done that - nothing registered at all.

Comment

Hi Niddy

Just done that - nothing registered at all.
            Great - so for now don't respond..... wait and see what they send next.

Right now they are in a spot of bother, so don't tell them (or alert them to the fact) that they've messed up, sent unlawful threatening letters (breach of FCA) nor that it may be SB. Silence really is key in this case, certainly till you get a proper threat.....

Comment

Thanks Niddy
              Will post back here if anything else crops up
              Cheers
              R

Comment

I have now become a member of Hoist portfolio club!

NOA received today,nothing unusual except the Robinson Way letter with it which gives several options to pay had the following paragraph like a p.s.

"We are aware that legal activity has previously been taken in respect of this account. Our client's solicitors, Howard Cohen & Co, will be applying to the court to change the name of the claimant to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd and they will write to you to confirm this once the process is completed. In the meantime, please contact us if you have any queries".

Just one query, as the claim was discontinued by MKDP surely there is no longer anything open for them to change the name of the claimant?

This is a copy of the post on my thread.
                http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?19770-MKDP-BARCLAYCARD
                Last edited by marypoppins; 8 February 2016, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                  I have now become a member of Hoist portfolio club!

NOA received today,nothing unusual except the Robinson Way letter with it which gives several options to pay had the following paragraph like a p.s.

"We are aware that legal activity has previously been taken in respect of this account. Our client's solicitors, Howard Cohen & Co, will be applying to the court to change the name of the claimant to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd and they will write to you to confirm this once the process is completed. In the meantime, please contact us if you have any queries".

Just one query, as the claim was discontinued by MKDP surely there is no longer anything open for them to change the name of the claimant?

This is a copy of the post on my MKDP Barclaycard thread
                  http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?19770-MKDP-BARCLAYCARD
                  Did Jo deal with this for you...?

Comment

it looks like Hoist/robinson way team are getting themselves even more into a tangle, they seem to be sending anything out to try and get a reaction, maybe in the hope that someone will reply with MY account, so they can pounce.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Did Jo deal with this for you...?
                      No Niddy this was in my days on CAG.

I can't link my thread for some unknown reason.

My OH has had the same letter too for his MK account and Paul sorted and got them to discontinue.

Comment

Ok, well for now I'd leave it. They've discontinued hence they'd struggle to bring it back to life now.

Might be wise asking Jo if it's worth applying for a strike out (if they reissue)? I'll check & confirm.

Comment

Ok, well for now I'd leave it. They've discontinued hence they'd struggle to bring it back to life now.

Might be wise asking Jo if it's worth applying for a strike out (if they reissue)? I'll check & confirm.
                          As both claims were discontinued OH's - Oct 2012 and mine just Dec15, is a strike out still required?

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                            As both claims were discontinued OH's - Oct 2012 and mine just Dec15, is a strike out still required?
                            Not necessarily but if it's been discontinued then they can resurrect it, albeit not as easily as issuing a new claim but it can be done. To clarify I'm specifically talking if they resurrect the claim.

CPR38(7) applies -> https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part38#38.7

Let me check it out and clarify.

Comment

Not necessarily but if it's been discontinued then they can resurrect it, albeit not as easily as issuing a new claim but it can be done. To clarify I'm specifically talking if they resurrect the claim.

CPR38(7) applies -> https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part38#38.7

Let me check it out and clarify.
                              Thank you

Comment

Hello all
                                do I read the above correctly? 5 years to register default? can't be right, can it?

Comment

Working...
                                X