GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    another letter from Robway, very timid, will just ignore until they get heavy then I'll tell them it was UE for years and is now well SB!
    also got I&E letter this weekend - filed and ignored already

my question is regarding your situation (which I will share in a few weeks): why don't you send them SB letter now to stop all the actions?
    I am in England so debt stands forever and want to move soon and whilst account might be SB it won't stopped them to go to court (if I don't tell them it is SB) and I might end up with CCJ by defo by not attending (they won't know my new address) which would be then more problematic and complicated to get rid off and then all the dealing with CRAs regarding CCJ marks (I take CCJ will appear on credit file even if account has already dropped after 6 years);
    would that not be better to send them SB letter now regardless if you want to move or not?

Comment

They'll carry on regardless even if it is SB jadex, it's recently happened to me.

Niddy advises not to send the SB letter and keep it as ammunition later.

I have also read on here that there are recent cases where the claimant considers the SB period to be completely different to what it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post

my question is regarding your situation (which I will share in a few weeks): why don't you send them SB letter now to stop all the actions?
        I am in England so debt stands forever and want to move soon and whilst account might be SB it won't stopped them to go to court (if I don't tell them it is SB) and I might end up with CCJ by defo by not attending (they won't know my new address) which would be then more problematic and complicated to get rid off and then all the dealing with CRAs regarding CCJ marks (I take CCJ will appear on credit file even if account has already dropped after 6 years);
        would that not be better to send them SB letter now regardless if you want to move or not?
        All of our debts are well SB, there is no dubiety about the dates as all were defaulted well before we stopped paying.

I have told Cabot(who were threatening court) that one of the debts was SB, and they wrote back and agreed and have closed the account, they really had no other option because that was the situation.

This one which is with Robway are not really threatening anything, they are not completely sure that they've got the right person as we moved recently and they've sent a phishing letter before a stream of mild letters along the lines of "could you possibly pay a little to this please" so feel quite relaxed about ignoring unless they get annoying, then I'll spend the time and money and actually write and tell them it's SB These are Scottish debts, they are extinguished when they become SB so no where for them to go really. You've got to look at each one and react as necessary, I've never picked unnecessary fights with any of them as it's not really worth the stress and I like to keep well below the radar firmly in the pile marked "quite a lot of bother"

Comment

Hi I am getting phone calls to my landline from Rob Way now. They leave messages on my answerphone. Have had about 4 so far. The last one I picked up accidentally but when I heard the voice I knew who it was and put the phone down right away. Not nice.

Comment

Other than requesting they cease - all you can do is let answerphone pick up messages. You did right by not speaking to them
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post

Youre totally worrying about nothing.

Try & relax.

When did you last pay? When did you receive a default notice? When does it show as status [D] on your credit file?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Henryhatter View Post
                Hi I am getting phone calls to my landline from Rob Way now. They leave messages on my answerphone. Have had about 4 so far. The last one I picked up accidentally but when I heard the voice I knew who it was and put the phone down right away. Not nice.

Me Too.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                  Me Too.

Do what I did few years ago - answered naming "Control room so & so Police Station" === never heard anymore from them by phone.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Youre totally worrying about nothing.

Try & relax.

When did you last pay? 7 Dec 2009
                    When did you receive a default notice? from Mercers dated 5 Mar 2010 (asking me to pay £180ish by 22 Mar 2010 - according to the notice account was £205 over the limit)
                    When does it show as status [D] on your credit file? that is quite messy as there are TWO defaults on my file (and CRAs do not budge): one is from Barclaycard 23/09/2010 with status closed and satisfied; second is from MKDP 26/08/2010 with status open and defaulted (think this is wrong as shouldn't it be 1 account = 1 entry? however CRAs contacted MKDP and they refused to remove 2nd incarnation of the very same account from my credit file
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by jadex; 11 November 2015, 16:21.

Comment

have received the second begging letter from RW asking me to fill in an I&E, errrr NO
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        have received the second begging letter from RW asking me to fill in an I&E, errrr NO
                        No = Pretty Please|?

Comment

Got my begging letter today, dated 4/11/2015. What are you able to pay? With Income & Expenditure form attached.
                          Not a cat in hell's chance!

Comment

Hi all,
                            Begging letter today with i&e form......
                            Gone straight into my junk files.....
                            Have a good weekend all...
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stuffthebanks View Post
                              Hi all,
                              Begging letter today with i&e form......
                              Gone straight into my junk files.....
                              Have a good weekend all...
                              Gone straight into my junk file = File 13

Comment

Just checked my new Noddle report and there is a search registered by RobWay

Robinson Way (Sr, R)
                                Robinson Way Bsb Api
                                Debt Collection
                                02/10/2015

Don't think they have had any good reason to do a search as after all they are nothing more but "new MKDP" who's been sending me their spam for years (and received back a lot).

And MKDP Llp is still registered as account owner - info updated 11/10/15, i.e. later than search - which for me makes RobWay's search even more questionable.
                                Last edited by jadex; 14 November 2015, 07:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X