GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Who knows what goes on in their heads,doh !!
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Another one filed in yesterday:

We write to acknowledge the recent update that you have provided us in relation to your current circumstances (no idea what they are smoking over there).

We confirm that no further action will be taken on your account for the next 30 days (good, thank you very much)

Please ensure that we have your proposal for payment on this account within this period, to avoid collections activity resuming. (still waiting for them to comply with my CCA request)

(Then comes a threat) If we do not hear from you within the next 30 days, our solicitors Howard Cohen & Co may be instructed to proceed with issuing a court claim against you (Hello Howard, CCA request sent 7 weeks ago - still waiting for it from your patron)

Comment

They're still calling my phone and leaving the occassional message. It's a real human to, before it was an automated caller.

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
          (Then comes a threat) If we do not hear from you within the next 30 days, our solicitors Howard Cohen & Co may be instructed to proceed with issuing a court claim against you (Hello Howard, CCA request sent 7 weeks ago - still waiting for it from your patron)

Must be my lucky day I got the same letter as well - Back to the veiled threats....
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We got the original creditor not responded, account on hold letter too last week. Will be ignoring some more.

Comment

Haven't we got great ignoring skills ?
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Make them do the running around.

Comment

Latest 'ignore' letter I've had from them. More than happy to wait another 5 weeks, then they can go right on putting my account on hold for another 5 weeks, and another, and another.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rob Way Letter 27th Jan 2016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1410506
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

I have a Tomlin order with MKDP for my Barclaycard Debt. I've not received a letter from MKDP or Hoist yet, but the debt now say Hoist on my Credit report.

My question is, is the Tomlin Order with MKDP enforceable as they appear to have sold the debt? and legally should they not have informed me?

Comment

^ Ooh, that's interesting. Lets wait for an expert to come along. I'd like to hear the answer to this one i

Comment

Originally posted by jrcs1981 View Post
                        I have a Tomlin order with MKDP for my Barclaycard Debt. I've not received a letter from MKDP or Hoist yet, but the debt now say Hoist on my Credit report.

My question is, is the Tomlin Order with MKDP enforceable as they appear to have sold the debt? and legally should they not have informed me?
                        Its enforceable as they've already obtained judgment. However that said, they can assign it if they want to.

Whether the new firm is actually entitled to any relief (payments you make) is another matter dependant on the original agreement & Tomlin. Likewise, the CRA entry may be incorrect however Hoist & MKDP are one and the same. So long as there's only one entry I don't see the problem with who the owner is (as far as CRA default goes)....
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update

15/01/16 Sent Sold in Dispute to RW

02/01/16 Response

Confirm they have noted dispute/query

Will make necessary enquiries, outcome in due course

In the meantime all collection activity stopped

Comment

That's good Tinkerbelle

Comment

Thanks x

Comment

Originally posted by jrcs1981 View Post

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Its enforceable as they've already obtained judgment. However that said, they can assign it if they want to.
                                The purpose of a Tomlin Order is to stay proceedings for as long as you keep to the terms of the order. If there is a breach, they can apply to lift the stay and request summary judgment so the answer is yes, a Tomlin Order is enforceable and very easily so, however, it also means they wouldn't have obtained judgment, yet. The whole idea of entering into a Tomlin Order would have been to avoid having a judgment on record.

Comment

Working...
                                X