GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    You dont need a receipt.

1. Didn't need to be but good
    2. Then they remain in default and cannot enforce the agreement
    3. The fee isn't that important at this stage. You asked / they replied. That's fine - they're in default.

Its more than enough as you've followed process and sent a lawful request. They're in default.
    Thanks matey - I was questioning whether to send off another CCA request, but as I thought there was sufficient proof that one had been sent and already received, it was more a case of understanding what legal argument they may possibly present if things got that far.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    We're not worrying, we're debating the ethics of Robinson Way which appear to have sunk to an all time low.
    No, not worrying at all. It was the bizarre letter that was received that was a different response to what I've had in the past from other creditors and the possible thinking behind it. Initially I thought it was just a 'one off' but others have definately had too so would seem to have some intent on their side.

And definately glad the AAD team is on this
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's not bizarre - it's because you've quoted something in the past regards an outstanding CCA - so rightly so they are now responding saying, we can't find it / don't know about it / noticed it has not been actioned - therefore send in a new signed request and don't worry about the fee.

However, anyone on AAD would know that you don't do this - once in default they must come out of it - so why re-request it? You wouldn't.

So although you may see it as RW sinking to an all time low, I see it differently in that they are trying to come out of default and thus trying to remedy things. Those letters would not have been sent to people who had never done a CCA request. That would be bad - they are being sent to people who have previously done a CCA and then who subsequently mention it in any letters / comms.

Regardless whether you reply with a LBA response or a sold in dispute response - each mentions s.78 (in default) or similar so they'll know that a request was done.

So as I say, stop worrying (or rather worrying people unnecessarily).... I suspect some have slightly misread the intention of the letter.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Unfortunately for them, when the CCA request is placed in writing, sent recorded delivery, with proof of receipt, not to mention the fact they responded to the letter in the first place, it makes them look very stupid. They're now in default so I've sent them the Final Response no CCA received letter, and they'll get nothing more from me until they manage to produce something.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20366[/ATTACH]
        If anyone gets one of these letters - responding would open the floodgates so be very careful (if it was me I would not respond).....

I have discussed with Jo and we know why they are asking for this - put simply, if you respond then you will get a claim.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If anyone gets one of these letters - responding would open the floodgates so be very careful (if it was me I would not respond).....

I have discussed with Jo and we know why they are asking for this - put simply, if you respond then you will get a claim.

Well I've responded so we'll see
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I've responded so we'll see
            why?

Comment

why?
              Because I responded to it!

Comment

Because I responded to it!
                what with? and why did you respond when all the posts suggest not to?

Comment

what with? and why did you respond when all the posts suggest not to?

Unfortunately my specific circumstances don't match the regular CCA issues, and don't match any of your options at the beginning of the thread (though this shouldn't be a surprise!). I wanted it 'on record' that RobWay were suggesting they had not received the CCA request in writing when they were wrong so they there could be no possible way they could argue.

I sent the 'No CCA Received - Final Response' template which states things pretty clearly that there'll be no more communication until they are out of default

Comment

Unfortunately my specific circumstances don't match the regular CCA issues, and don't match any of your options at the beginning of the thread (though this shouldn't be a surprise!). I wanted it 'on record' that RobWay were suggesting they had not received the CCA request in writing when they were wrong so they there could be no possible way they could argue.

I sent the 'No CCA Received - Final Response' template which states things pretty clearly that there'll be no more communication until they are out of default
                    Rob Way are not suggesting anything of the sort mate - you've totally misread the letter.

Anyway, good luck - I've PM'd you

Comment

Rob Way are not suggesting anything of the sort mate - you've totally misread the letter. Anyway, good luck - I've PM'd you
                      Ooops

Well lets see what happens - worst case scenario the AAD Legal Team get an interesting case to get their teeth into.

Comment

Those that did use registered post, probably didn't keep the number of the postal order (unfortunately I did not). I've hunted up and down for the receipt this weekend, found the cash receipt (£1.50 for a blinkin £1 postal order!), but can't find the receipt with the postal order number on it.
                        For what is worth I slightly modify my letters with CCA requests and after "please find attached my £1 payment" piece in the template, I add "in the form of PO/cheque no 123456789" therefore number is on record. (If check is used, I mail over my personal cheque with my surname in capitals as signature - banks do not check signature for such small amount).

Anyway, they have responded saying they need to contact original creditor. It is enough confirmation for me they got all what was needed, i.e. request AND fee.

Comment

But if YOU know you've done a s.78 then that's enough. Don't tell them they're in default as they can remedy.

Is it just me that's smells the coffee on a morning?

Try not to worry. If they issue a claim then you can argue as much as you want at that point (either directly or via our solicitor) - each letter sent leaves a risk of mistakes occurring. Anyway, I'm not a financial advisor. I'm only saying what I'd do
                          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 20 January 2016, 16:28. Reason: Updated

Comment

Received letter dated 18/01/2016 from Robinson Way. Due to HPH2 LTD (Ex Barclaycard)
                            Your Recent Request.
                            Please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor.
                            This note is to let you know that we are continuing to seek an update and will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.
                            Thank you for your patience.

I have not requested anything! Is this yet another try on?
                            Obviously not going to reply.

Comment

Yea they're in the deep brown stuff & know it

Comment

They'll probably churn that letter out every month. It's akin to begging

Comment

Working...
                                X