GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Hi,
    No contact since 2011, letter content they have reviewed credit report data which confirms residency please contact to agree affordable payments
    Thanks
    Helmsman.
    hi, Latest is a I/E sheet sent to be filled in and they will see what is affordable ( yeah right) filed under Bollocks. Helmsman.

Comment

Nice filing system !
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have received the same latest letter as Spud. 'Pay now or it will be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors, who will take legal action against you'. Not sure whether to pull the trigger on the SWID letter or to wait and see what happens next?

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
          I have just received a Notice of Assignment regarding my BC credit card which was last paid in Dec 2010. The notice informs me that MKDP LLP has assigned the account to HPH2 Ltd. The response to my CCA request back in 2011 was so that makes it
          RobWay have now sent me a letter urging me to contact them. If I don't, they say my account is due to be transferred to Howard Cohen. I'm happy to wait and see if they actually do what they threaten, unless anyone has any suggestions

Comment

Ok guys, if you're being hassled then it's best to start to follow the usual process.

Option 1.
            If you've previously sent a CCA Request in the last 90 days then send back a missing prescribed terms or a sold in dispute template

Option 2.
            If you've not sent a CCA request in the last 90 days then send the new DCA who's hassling you a new CCA request & £1 payment

- then update your diary / relevant thread with updates.

Good luck & dont be getting stressed
            see update here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

dont be getting stressed
              Not much chance of that
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Certainly not, been a long time since that happened to me. At least about financial issues, anyway. It's been a few years since I've sent a CCA request actually. I'll get it sent off tomorrow

Comment

Out of interest, why a new CCA request as opposed to a Sold In Dispute for longer than 90 days? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by benadabec View Post
                    Out of interest, why a new CCA request as opposed to a Sold In Dispute for longer than 90 days? Just curious.
                    A lot can change in 3 months and there's been a few cases this year. A few of you last did a CCA a year ago and to cover yourself, it's wise to send a new one. Or if you'd rather not, then don't. But if a claim is issued and you try and defend on documents you got a year ago that may have been UE then, you're playing with fire because they *could* have found the original or lost a case and thus invested heavily remedying false Ts & Cs thus negating the UE status (from last year or 3-6-9 months ago whatever).

It's also avoiding the DCA getting 100 templates all the same at once.

Tactics play a large part
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      A lot can change in 3 months and there's been a few cases this year. A few of you last did a CCA a year ago and to cover yourself, it's wise to send a new one. Or if you'd rather not, then don't. But if a claim is issued and you try and defend on documents you got a year ago that may have been UE then, you're playing with fire because they *could* have found the original or lost a case and thus invested heavily remedying false Ts & Cs thus negating the UE status (from last year or 3-6-9 months ago whatever).

It's also avoiding the DCA getting 100 templates all the same at once.

Tactics play a large part
                      Hi

I have a 5 year old letter stating no cca should I send a copy of that or the new cca request to rob way.
                      thanks Helmsman.

Comment

I have sent them copies of the Ombudsman's adjudication and Emails stating that Barclaycard cannot comply with the request for CCA and that they are unable to supply even reconstituted copies of either CCA or Terms and conditions. Have previously sent the same to MKDP MKRR & Keynes. Told them that if they do not understand the information supplied, they should consult their solicitor. Requested that they close my file.

Comment

Just gone back through old paperwork on this case, my last voluntary payment to Barclaycard was 1st December 2009. Then they kept on loading the account with interest charges late payment fees etc, until 30th March 2012 which was when they helped themselves to £310.42 using their "illegal" right of set off. FOS said that they could do this, then gave judgement in my favour later that they could not comply with regulations.

In my opinion this disputed account is now also statute barred!

Comment

CCA request sent - will see what comes back (if anything), and whether it is the same or different to what I had in 2014!
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Ok guys, if you're being hassled then it's best to start to follow the usual process.

Option 1.
                              If you've previously sent a CCA Request in the last 90 days then send back a missing prescribed terms or a sold in dispute template

Option 2.
                              If you've not sent a CCA request in the last 90 days then send the new DCA who's hassling you a new CCA request & £1 payment

- then update your diary / relevant thread with updates.

Good luck & dont be getting stressed
                              see update here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856
                              Another letter has just landed. Dated 01/12/15
                              Things are getting serious (or not?), letter states:
                              Your account is now due to be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co solicitors in the next 10 days, who will consider court action.

Now, it is 8th December 2015 today. I have checked and re-checked and then re-checked again and last voluntary payment into this account was on 8th December 2009. It was EXACTLY 6 years and 1 day ago thus rendering this account to be SB (in my eyes).

Now, what should I do?
                              Ignore for now, wait for solicitor's letter and then send them SB letter?
                              Or buy some more time and send another CCA?
                              Really hoped that it's gone into abyss already but hey no - they are for a fight (need badly that Xmas bonus, eh?).

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
                                Another letter has just landed. Dated 01/12/15
                                Things are getting serious (or not?), letter states:
                                Your account is now due to be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co solicitors in the next 10 days, who will consider court action.

Now, it is 8th December 2015 today. I have checked and re-checked and then re-checked again and last voluntary payment into this account was on 8th December 2009. It was EXACTLY 6 years and 1 day ago thus rendering this account to be SB (in my eyes).

Now, what should I do?
                                Ignore for now, wait for solicitor's letter and then send them SB letter?
                                Or buy some more time and send another CCA?
                                Really hoped that it's gone into abyss already but hey no - they are for a fight (need badly that Xmas bonus, eh?).
                                That date does not necessarily mean it will be SB.

We are still fighting this issue because SB occurs from the last Cause of Action (CoA) and the banks are arguing that them defaulting is a CoA (which we are arguing) - so don't jump in sending a SB letter when it may not.

We always say add at least a month on to the date you work out - that way it should cover you. The reason being after you create a CoA by missing the due payment, the bank can default you and terminate within a month (ie the earliest possible opportunity) - whether they do or don't isn't key right now, what is key is that you don't wind them up.

So best bet is to either send a holding template to stop a claim. Don't presume it is SB based on the date you last paid as that has never been the way to work out SB. I would likely send a new CCA just to delay things and buy you that extra month or so.....

Comment

Working...
                                X