GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

From what I've read on your thread this debt will be SB soon (April) won't it? As the first claim was discontinued the SB clock went back to the beginning as if no claim had ever happened because that claim is now dead in the water.

I expect the chance of this claim being re-issued is as remote as the chance of me remarrying

Plan B x
    Roll on April, that's all I can say!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
      Roll on April, that's all I can say!
      I agree.

You need to make a judgement call on any letters received before then. Ignoring them may not be wise if it prompts a court claim (due to your silence) only days/weeks before this debt becomes SB which should hopefully be an absolute Defence.

Maybe a 'curved ball' letter (which doesn't acknowledge the debt) will buy you the valuable time you need to get to the SB finishing post.

Post up anything you receive especially if it comes from Howard Cohen solicitors. You might want to send them a copy of the Discontinued Order if they do contact you.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        No - CPR 38.7 does not say that. You do.

CPR says "another" not "new"
        another claim / new claim same difference ............
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I agree.

You need to make a judgement call on any letters received before then. Ignoring them may not be wise if it prompts a court claim (due to your silence) only days/weeks before this debt becomes SB which should hopefully be an absolute Defence.

Maybe a 'curved ball' letter (which doesn't acknowledge the debt) will buy you the valuable time you need to get to the SB finishing post.

Post up anything you receive especially if it comes from Howard Cohen solicitors. You might want to send them a copy of the Discontinued Order if they do contact you.

Plan B x
          Nothing to add. Sums it up perfectly.

Totally agree with this
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As an aside they seem to be making persistant phone calls today. Robinson Way called me yesterday and left more messages. I never seem to reach the phone in time ;-)
            Last edited by mike'y; 17 February 2016, 09:51. Reason: Maybe I'm wrong about the number so I've removed it.

Comment

Originally posted by mike'y View Post
              I never seem to reach the phone in time ;-)
              That's such a shame
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy & PlanB I'll soon be in touch if I get anything scary in the post!

RW did start calling landline and mobile but I've blocked all the numbers so far.

Comment

Hi. First post so not sure I'm doing the right thing by posting this here.
                  I have read through the posts on here and I'm slightly confused on what to do regarding my letters from mkdp

I have had 2 letters regarding 2 debts that I THINK I last paid around 2010/11
                  The debts are from HSBC and again I THINK are from 1 loan and one credit card.
                  I haven't used the bank for years and now have moved address several times since and now use another bank.

I have received letters giving me 4 options to set up payment for these debts.from mkdp/Robson way

Comment

Hi and welcome to AAD,
                    I would be inclined to ignore them for now, have you started a diary for your accounts? if you do it would help us understand what accounts you have and the history of them, we could then look at advising you of what your options are xx
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

do you have any paperwork you can refer to?

I wouldn't reply to these letters as they could well be phishing and looking to pursue debts that have been paid off.

Did you have debts with HSBC?

Did you pay them, and if you did, how? were you on an arrangement or did you just pay off in full, we just need a bit more info so that we can help you.

Comment

RW think I MAY of made a large payment to one of my accounts, it wasn't them so they want me to contact them.

Comment

Yes these debts are mine with HSBC. And I haven't paid anything to them or any other company regarding these debts since I stopped using hsbc.

I may have some old paper work at my parents address but I don't even have the cards or account numbers it's been that long.

I don't mind setting up a payment plan as I'm quite bored of running from these debts now. But from what I have read has put me off agreeing to these payment plans. Especially if the debt is about to be unenforceable?

Comment

Originally posted by Feline13 View Post
                            I'm slightly confused on what to do regarding my letters from mkdp

The debts are from HSBC and again I THINK are from 1 loan and one credit card.

. . . I have received letters giving me 4 options to set up payment for these debts.from mkdp/Robson way
                            Hello Feline and to AAD

It's hard to point you in the right direction without knowing the 'threat level' of your situation, so if it's ok with you can you answer a couple of questions.

Who is currently writing to you? MKDP was bought by Hoist in July last year (2015) so since then account holders have been sent (or not) a Notice of Assignment to inform them of the change of owner. Those NOAs usually advise you that Robinson Way (also owned by Hoist) will be taking things forward. So are your letters coming from MKDP or Hoist or Robinson Way?

Originally posted by Feline13 View Post
                            You say you think you last paid anything to either of these debts around 2010/2011. If it was 2010 then there's a chance that these debts may be statute barred or more likely almost statute barred which could dictate your next move. If they're nearly SB then you may want to filibuster with letters (we'll guide you) until they are definitely SB. However If you ignore letters then you may find the debt owner issues legal proceedings to beat the SB deadline.

A good starting point would be to tell us who sent the last letter(s) and what did it actually say?

Plan B x

Comment

If it were me I wouldn't be thinking about repaying them now if you last paid in 2010/11 as they'll be nearing the Statute Barred date.

Have any of the letters been threatening court/legal action?
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi. Thanks for you help.

On 11/02/16 I recieved two letters from MKDP saying the accounts had been sold to hoist portfolio
                                One for £8,800 the other for £3,700

Then on the 15/02/16 I recieved another two letters both envelopes had two parts to them.
                                1.One with Robinson way heading it followed by 4 payment options.

2.The other part headed by hoist portfolio,this one says notice of assignment.

Comment

Working...
                                X