GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Helmsman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmsman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Hi Di (AKA PLAN B)
    I wonder whether you can give me some pointers please, my son moved into a rented property yesterday and has found a lot of problems, bear in mind he has moved from a beautiful new flat to an older house, anyway having moved in they find the carpets have been cleaned but they are of such poor quality and old fag burns stains ect, also they have damp in both bedrooms all damp around the sockets filthy walls, my son and his partner are so upset as they were told it would be professionally cleaned ect now they wont even let their year old son on the floor as it is so filthy. They paid nearly £7000 up front to move in toilet does not flush properly and bath water trickles out. The ownners are solicitors. Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks Di.
    Helmsman.
    Why don't you start a new thread about this issue in the Housing section to keep your diary from going off at a tangent

It's a common problem (agents not doing what they promised) so your new thread could help others facing the same thing.

Di

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year.

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year. helmsman

Comment

• Hi Everyone, hope you are all well, just popped in to say hello, don't get on very often these days. All still good for me these days. All thanks to niddy so hope you can keep fighting the good fight.
          All the best.
          Helmsman.

Comment

Hi Everyone, hope you are all well, just popped in to say hello, don't get on very often these days. All still good for me these days
            Hello Helmsman

I haven't read back through your thread (sorry) but are all your debts now Statute Barred?

Di

Comment

Hi Everyone, hope you are all well, just popped in to say hello, don't get on very often these days. All still good for me these days. All thanks to niddy so hope you can keep fighting the good fight.
              All the best.
              Helmsman.
              Hello stranger,

Glad all is going well for you.

Have a verry merry Christmas
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                Just a quick one after a long time of quiet, Dryden Fairfax are chasing sent off CCA they cant find it but may take legal action after 30/8/19 if I don't get in contact, statute barred 2/10/19. any advice welcome.
                Many Thanks.
                Helmsman

Comment

• they can't really take legal action without having some paperwork to go on
                  This could just be a ploy to get you to contact them before SB date, meaning if you contact them to say they have not sent the CCA requested on "my" above account number, restarts SB clock,
                  they will have to send you the Pre legal paper''s 1st , just hang on and see what they do next

Which debt is this for?

NW
                  Last edited by nightwatch; 22 August 2019, 15:03. Reason: question
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi, thanks for that, an old debt forgot about it, last payment 2/10/13 sent cca off July 19 as an out of the blue contact. sent a letter to me giving opening date date of default ect but cant find the cca hope what they sent was enough to satisfy me (as if) so just ignore see what they send next, obviously trying to get in before its SB.

Comment

• Maybe you shouldn't of replied, then they wouldn't of looked at any paperword, but that is neither here nor there,

what they sent is a letter saying they don't have the CCA, so is therefore UE as it stands, trying to scare you into saying more or paying up

Fat chance,
                      xx

Comment

an old debt forgot about it, last payment 2/10/13 sent cca off July 19 as an out of the blue contact..
                        Can you just say who is the current owner (Arrow Global?), who was the original creditor, what was the account (credit card or loan etc), when was it opened, and how much is the outstanding balance?

It's always good to be prepared in case they do issue a claim.

Do your homework discretely

Di

Comment

• Hi Di,
                          Original creditor Mbna CC Started 2006, £3000+. Asked for Cca July 2019 after they contacted me. Letter today cannot find cca yet contact them by Aug 30th or may take legal action. Assume they cannot issue proceedings until they fulfill cca request?
                          have things changed or is this still correct.
                          Regards.
                          Helmsman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Can you just say who is the current owner (Arrow Global?), who was the original creditor, what was the account (credit card or loan etc), when was it opened, and how much is the outstanding balance?

It's always good to be prepared in case they do issue a claim.

Do your homework discretely

Di
                            Hi Di,
                            Had to reply as there was a threat of litigation, so asked for the cca.
                            Thanks
                            Helmsman.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                              they can't really take legal action without having some paperwork to go on
                              This could just be a ploy to get you to contact them before SB date, meaning if you contact them to say they have not sent the CCA requested on "my" above account number, restarts SB clock,
                              they will have to send you the Pre legal paper''s 1st , just hang on and see what they do next

Which debt is this for?

NW
                              Hi, NW, just to clarify, requesting a cca has now restarted the Statute Barred date? So it is another 6 years.?
                              regards Helmsman.

Comment

• CCA request is a legal request does not restart the 6 year period??? sure others will confirm also!

Comment

Working...
                                X