GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Helmsman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmsman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Helmsman UE Diary

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    When was the CCJ granted?
    Had they communicated with you at the new address?
    How did you find out?
    What is the CCJ for?

These are questions that that will be needed to be answered before advice can be given. There will be loads of others!
    Hi,
    No contact at all, went abroad for 2 years came back 2013 easily found if they wanted to find me.
    Have been looking at credit file only see today they had a cca granted mid 2016.
    Loan taken out about 2008 paid until went abroad they have bought the debt added about £1500 on top.
    Helmsman.ps meant ccj not cca.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
      No contact at all, went abroad for 2 years came back 2013 easily found if they wanted to find me.
      Have been looking at credit file only see today they had a cca granted mid 2016.
      Loan taken out about 2008 paid until went abroad they have bought the debt added about £1500 on top.
      If you want to have this CCJ set aside you will need to demonstrate two things to the court.

Firstly that you didn't receive the claim, so when you say you could easily be found in 2016 (when the CCJ was granted) can you explain what happened (moved house etc).

Secondly, you'll need to demonstrate that if the CCJ were to be set aside you would have good prospects of success if you were to be given the opportunity to defend the claim.

So what was this account which you opened in 2008 (loan, credit card etc)? Are you sure it was 2008 and not any earlier (ideally before April 2007)?

Who was the original creditor and which debt purchaser bought it and issued the legal proceedings?

How much is the CCJ and do you own your own home in case of enforcement issues?

An Application to set aside a CCJ needs to be done as soon as you discover its existence (there's a CPR for that).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        If you want to have this CCJ set aside you will need to demonstrate two things to the court.

Firstly that you didn't receive the claim, so when you say you could easily be found in 2016 (when the CCJ was granted) can you explain what happened (moved house etc).

Secondly, you'll need to demonstrate that if the CCJ were to be set aside you would have good prospects of success if you were to be given the opportunity to defend the claim.

So what was this account which you opened in 2008 (loan, credit card etc)? Are you sure it was 2008 and not any earlier (ideally before April 2007)?

Who was the original creditor and which debt purchaser bought it and issued the legal proceedings?

An Application to set aside a CCJ needs to be done as soon as you discover its existence (there's a CPR for that).

Di
        Hi,
        Thanks Di this is for my son, so I need to confirm all the details ccj granted at an address over 5 years ago when lived there, ideally would like to have it set aside so could come to an agreement to settle without ccj. definately a loan will confirm year asap. Have been contacted at the new address for other debts and have settled without going to court.
        Helmsman.

Comment

Hi Niddy, Mods,

If a CCJ has fallen off credit file ie 6 years have gone by, if I was to offer a settlement to clear outstanding amount ie 20 to 30% of remaining balance would this be shown on credit file.
          Thanks
          Helmsman.

Comment

Soz can't answer but someone will xx
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

when a CCJ falls off file that is it the same CCJ cannot be shown again on CRA file is the way that has been said in the past, are you paying this CCJ?? if not they would have to have a good reason to go back to court if you have not been paying it, so why settle it unless they are chasing you and you have been paying to-wards it? off CRA file then not seen!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                when a CCJ falls off file that is it the same CCJ cannot be shown again on CRA file is the way that has been said in the past, are you paying this CCJ?? if not they would have to have a good reason to go back to court if you have not been paying it, so why settle it unless they are chasing you and you have been paying to-wards it? off CRA file then not seen!
                Hi,
                Have 2 ccjs will be paying them for many years to come but both are now not shown on credit file, I would like to clear these and save a lot of money by offering 20 to 30% (get my own back on them) I am sure they would be willing to accept an offer as it would be beneficial to them, however it is not the end of the world if they dont I will just carry on paying as ordered by the court. But my worry is now they are gone from credit file with a settlement they could show this.
                Helmsman.
                ps One has offered me a settlement of 10% off balance they can stuff 10% I would be looking for 70 to 80% off.
                Last edited by helmsman; 28 April 2017, 11:37.

Comment

o.k. you are paying them why not offer a low amount and see their reaction, they might accept or suggest 20% as you suggest? CCJ off record then nothing to report on there 6 years its gone off CRA file, so matter what you do no record on CRA file, just a peace of mind for you?

make it a Consent Order sure Plan B could advise on that area?

Comment

I had a CCJ on which I was paying a monthly sum as agreed and once everything had dropped off my credit records I was in a position to clear it. I got a very good discount and no entry was made on the CRAs. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      I had a CCJ on which I was paying a monthly sum as agreed and once everything had dropped off my credit records I was in a position to clear it. I got a very good discount and no entry was made on the CRAs. Good luck.
                      Hi,
                      As one of the debts is for £10000+ have been paying 7 years, they keep asking for i/e as it is due for review (total bollocks as I have kept to the court order) but if I was to offer £2000 to clear this,they were refused C/O and told after the second try not to come back again, would it be a good idea to head the letter Without Predgudice in case they try to take me back to court for an increase.
                      Helmsman
                      ps mind went blank with the spelling. prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                        Hi,
                        As one of the debts is for £10000+ have been paying 7 years, they keep asking for i/e as it is due for review (total bollocks as I have kept to the court order) but if I was to offer £2000 to clear this,they were refused C/O and told after the second try not to come back again, would it be a good idea to head the letter Without Predgudice in case they try to take me back to court for an increase.
                        Helmsman
                        ps mind went blank with the spelling. prejudice.
                        Yea put WP at the top, see how you get on
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Di
                          Hi Plan B,
                          Most of this he is unsure about, so I think the best option is to sar the Bank and see the dates and payments that were made and when the loan was taken out.
                          Many Thanks

Helmsman.
                          ps he was hoping to get a mortgage in 2 years so reason to try and sort this.

Comment

Hi All,
                            Well I have now a very good CRA rating the last of the defaults and ccjs have all gone (still not debt free) but have a reasonably good life this is without doubt all down to Niddy and the mods on this site. So chin up all the people starting their journeys there is light at the end of the tunnel stick with the help from all these great people on this forum and life will get better. Thanks everyone.
                            Helmsman.

Comment

An encouraging post.

Well done to you, and your comments re this site are so true - I think you speak for many of us.

Comment

• Hi Di (AKA PLAN B)
                                I wonder whether you can give me some pointers please, my son moved into a rented property yesterday and has found a lot of problems, bear in mind he has moved from a beautiful new flat to an older house, anyway having moved in they find the carpets have been cleaned but they are of such poor quality and old fag burns stains ect, also they have damp in both bedrooms all damp around the sockets filthy walls, my son and his partner are so upset as they were told it would be professionally cleaned ect now they wont even let their year old son on the floor as it is so filthy. They paid nearly £7000 up front to move in toilet does not flush properly and bath water trickles out. The ownners are solicitors. Any advice appreciated.
                                Thanks Di.
                                Helmsman.

Comment

Working...
                                X