GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

If I can and go with 16/4/1980 whats to change then?
    GM

Comment

Paul
      Originally posted by Paul. View Post
      The problem is you said you dont remember when you took out the agreement.

That really leaves you at the mercy of the bank.
      So the fact that NW Access was taken over by (RBS?)and then called it Mastercard,as this was after May 1985 ,this is like a new agreement(a variation that needs confirming)? Terms and conds were obviously different .How do I know what was in the original tc's as no one can produce them,what if there isn't a section allowing this 'variation'.
      So this appears to me as unfair treatment.
      GM
      Last edited by greymatter; 25 May 2012, 11:32.

Comment

Originally Posted by greymatter
        Hi Niddy,I have read within these diaries that 'Fixed/Flexible' loans are somewhat different to the normal loan account.Does my loan come in this category?Hence my mini explanation of the running of my loan account,cos I was lent a fixed sum.If it does but they can't come across with a signed agreement then does this qualify for a U/E route?I have not made any application for CCA 77-79 until I get your thoughts regarding this situation.
        Key:sent
        received
        other information

Barclays Select
        Type of account Fixed (Loan over 36 Months)
        Explanation
        This loan account required that you pay the agreed fixed monthly amount and if you default( miss payment(s)) this agreed monthly figure is immediately tranferred to what they call a Flexible Account.This is shown(detailed) within the same monthly statement and interest is then added to the o/s month(s) default and added to the flexible balance.You are then required to pay the agreed current monthly fixed loan figure plus a minimum payment from the flexible balance.So if you cannot pay this you soon receive a D/N.The D/N shows the balance they are after,which is the total o/s.No split is shown between 'fixed and flexible'.
        Date commenced (July 2003)

Approx Balance (£10000)

Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2004)

Paying by arrangement with DCA(Credit Solutions)

Default Notice issued by Barclays(Dec 2003 + again April 2004)

Account run by Credit Solutions

10/01/12 CCA request sent recorded delivery
        20.01.12 Letter from CSL :they are requesting the documents from Barclays and will forward onto me when they get them.
        I will give them till early next week,then I shall stop payment.

03/02/2012 Not yet had a reply.What response should I use or should I wait till next week?

10/02/2012 Received letter from them asking for the £1 fee.They had already sent me a letter telling me that they were requesting the docs from the OC.
        They said to keep paying until they respond(Bollax)
        I have responded with a copy of this letter and my PO receipt.
        Is it best to now cancel the payment or wait ?

10/02/2012 I2D
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by in 2 deep
        I Would stop paying......
        Quote:
        06/03/2012 Still no response so should I consider this until I hear to the contrary?
        I take it that I don't send any further requests?
        Thanks
        GM

25/05/12 Received an offer of 50% from DCA ,'failure to receive your payment..etc ,etc offer will be withdrawn and arrangements for full payment etc,etc.
        Still no CCA ,so still
        Should I ignore ??
        Thanks
        GM
        Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 25 May 2012, 16:30. Reason: fixed quotes

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
          Hi Niddy,I have read within these diaries that 'Fixed/Flexible' loans are somewhat different to the normal loan account.Does my loan come in this category?Hence my mini explanation of the running of my loan account,cos I was lent a fixed sum.If it does but they can't come across with a signed agreement then does this qualify for a U/E route?I have not made any application for CCA 77-79 until I get your thoughts regarding this situation.
          Key:sent
          received
          other information

Barclays Select
          Type of account Fixed (Loan over 36 Months)
          Explanation
          This loan account required that you pay the agreed fixed monthly amount and if you default( miss payment(s)) this agreed monthly figure is immediately tranferred to what they call a Flexible Account.This is shown(detailed) within the same monthly statement and interest is then added to the o/s month(s) default and added to the flexible balance.You are then required to pay the agreed current monthly fixed loan figure plus a minimum payment from the flexible balance.So if you cannot pay this you soon receive a D/N.The D/N shows the balance they are after,which is the total o/s.No split is shown between 'fixed and flexible'.
          Date commenced (July 2003)

Approx Balance (£10000)

Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2004)

Paying by arrangement with DCA(Credit Solutions)

Default Notice issued by Barclays(Dec 2003 + again April 2004)

Account run by Credit Solutions

10/01/12 CCA request sent recorded delivery
          20.01.12 Letter from CSL :they are requesting the documents from Barclays and will forward onto me when they get them.
          I will give them till early next week,then I shall stop payment.

03/02/2012 Not yet had a reply.What response should I use or should I wait till next week?

10/02/2012 Received letter from them asking for the £1 fee.They had already sent me a letter telling me that they were requesting the docs from the OC.
          They said to keep paying until they respond(Bollax)
          I have responded with a copy of this letter and my PO receipt.
          Is it best to now cancel the payment or wait ?

06/03/2012 Still no response so should I consider this until I hear to the contrary?
          I take it that I don't send any further requests?
          Thanks
          GM

25/05/12 Received an offer of 50% from DCA ,'failure to receive your payment..etc ,etc offer will be withdrawn and arrangements for full payment etc,etc.
          Still no CCA ,so still
          Should I ignore ??
          Thanks
          GM
          I Would if it was me.......
          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 25 May 2012, 16:30. Reason: fixed quotes
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank I2D
            I will.
            GM

Comment

Hi Niddy/Paul
              Paul

So the fact that NW Access was taken over by (RBS?)and then called it Mastercard,as this was after May 1985 ,this is like a new agreement(a variation that needs confirming)? Terms and conds were obviously different .How do I know what was in the original tc's as no one can produce them,what if there isn't a section allowing this 'variation'.
              So this appears to me as unfair treatment.
              GM
              Nids,I know you are tied up with the 'Cookie Policy Changes'but are you in a position to advise me on my next move? or have I still got a bit of time for your advice before I need to contact NW.
              You can't blame me for clutching at straws but everytime I read up on this situation I keep getting different slants on it.Thats because I am obviously unqualified and 'wet behind the ears'when the legalese stuff kicks in.

Thanks
              GM

Comment

have you considered the possibility of a time order under s129 Consumer Credit Act?

Comment

Not read that one Paul.
                  Thanks , I will do and come back this.Probably for an explanation ,if thats OK?
                  GM

Comment

Hi Paul
                    Just read it.So what it comes down to is for me to get the best discount deal I can with NW.Thats sh*t news but if thats what I must do then so be it.
                    It seems to me that part of the CCA 1974 was in force in 1980 and not knowing what parts were in force can and does lead to absolute confusion and error.Why make the bloody act but only introduce bits.Typical of our legal system .
                    Paul,when did sec 61 come into force and as this is a crucial part of the act,because as far as I am concerned I never signed any agreement .So as far as NW are concerned therefore,I was using the current tc's during 1985 through to 2000.
                    So where is my signature on this new stuff,or can they change my tc's willy nilly and not inform me .A bit cock eyed surely.I have a U/E situation but not.
                    Anyway Paul,many thanks for your help and input.
                    GM

Comment

Hi Paul
                      Just read it.So what it comes down to is for me to get the best discount deal I can with NW.Thats sh*t news but if thats what I must do then so be it.
                      It seems to me that part of the CCA 1974 was in force in 1980 and not knowing what parts were in force can and does lead to absolute confusion and error.Why make the bloody act but only introduce bits.Typical of our legal system .
                      Paul,when did sec 61 come into force and as this is a crucial part of the act,because as far as I am concerned I never signed any agreement .So as far as NW are concerned therefore,I was using the current tc's during 1985 through to 2000.
                      So where is my signature on this new stuff,or can they change my tc's willy nilly and not inform me .A bit cock eyed surely.I have a U/E situation but not.
                      Anyway Paul,many thanks for your help and input.
                      GM
                      ok

its in the schedules as to when each section came into force

13Sections 57 to 59, 61 to 65 and 67 to 73 come into operation on [F119th May 1985].
                      Consumer Credit Act 1974

Comment

THanks Paul
                        GM

Comment

have you considered the possibility of a time order under s129 Consumer Credit Act?
                          Not read that one Paul.
                          Thanks , I will do and come back this.Probably for an explanation ,if thats OK?
                          GM
                          Paul, why?

GM - you're paying a token still, so why not just increase it.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Paul, why?

GM - you're paying a token still, so why not just increase it.
                            Because if granted, the court can freeze interest and not just the creditor choosing when he decides to do it, but a court order mandating it. And of course, the Court has broad powers to amend the terms of the agreement etc

Comment

Because if granted, the court can freeze interest and not just the creditor choosing when he decides to do it, but a court order mandating it. And of course, the Court has broad powers to amend the terms of the agreement etc
                              yep, accepted

Good thinking, I was querying the formalisation of an informal agreement but what you say does make good sense
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy
                                [/QUOTE]
                                GM - you're paying a token still, so why not just increase it. [/QUOTE]
                                No ,I cancelled because I thought it was 2000 and assumed U/E .You asked me why am I still paying 2000 account.

So I don't want any court stuff and as their letter to me was non aggressive I will try for a discount and phased payments,best I can do really.

Niddy what I cannot grasp is that there was a variation and that any variation will cancel the original,so how come when this happened post 1985 NW overlook it yet I have mentioned that certain OC's actually quote this as acceptable.Reading sec 82(1) does appear to have some bearing on my problem,otherwise many people in my situation will get well and truly shafted.
                                However,I shall let you know how this turns out.
                                GM

Comment

Working...
                                X