GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Originally Posted by greymatter
    Barclaycard MasterCard

Type of account (credit card)

Date commenced (Approx 2000)

Approx Balance (£3000)

Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
    Paying by arrangement with DCA(CSL)
    Default Notice issued by Mercers acting as agents for BC(Sep 2003)
    Account run by CSL

I will be requesting CCA by recorded delivery Monday 13th Feb 2012 and will update my diary when I receive anything.

Key:sent
    received
    other information

I left this response report until they had enough time to respond:

21/02/2012 Received letter from DCA informing me that they are referring this request to their client for copy documentation.

06/03/2012 As of today I still have not received anything. So I will stop payment before the due date and would this now be considered until they turn up the necessary docs?

03/04/2012 Still not received anything for this account .I have of course stopped payment .
    Should I just sit tight?
    My other diary for Barclays Select #72 is exacxtly the same.No response but payment definately stopped.
    Sit tight here too?
    03/04/2012 I2D just sit tight.....they are in defult of your CCA request....

21/05/2012 Received letter from BC account now passed to Robinson Way to manage collection.... they ask me to contact them as a matter of urgency!!!

CSL/BC have not supplied my CCA but CSL acknowledged receiving my request and have passed on to BC.However no CCA forthcoming.What is the best course of action ,ignore and wait or sold in dispute?

21/05/2012 Thanks Pixie.However the letter from BC has a black and white logo and the only address is Robinson Way in the main body of the letter.
    Its signed but no address.
    I'm not completely sure of the right address to respond to,although I have the writers name and position.
    What do you recommend here or should I wait for RW to get in touch and hit them with the sold in dispute letter?

22/05/2012 I got a tel call today from RW I said put it in writing.I hung up.

I realised that the so-called BC letter I received yesterday was actually sent from RW as the address on the envelope(Saved and filed)gave RW address.
    Is this the normal practice that the OC allows the DCA to use their logo and by this token are being bloody devious?

26/05/12 Letter from Robbersway 'Threat-O-Gram' A formal demand for payment They telephoned everyday but I did not pick up.
    (In Caps!!)

This is where CSL wrote to me in Feb 2012 referring to BC for copy docs.Never got anything.
    Whats the best course of action for this please?

22/05/2012 I2D..If it was me I Would send --------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute

26/05/2012 Letter sent recorded..and received.[COLOR=#5d5d5d]
    08/06/2012 Letter from RWay 'Making enquiries ..in the meantime all collection activity will stop'
    So now I will wait and see!
    GM
    8/06/2012 Niddy:nice one, keep us updated
    04/08/2012 letter from RW returning account to BC
    04/08/2012 Thats good news
    Last edited by Flowerpower; 4 August 2012, 11:10. Reason: Fixed quote :)

Comment

Hi FP
      Never sent a thing.
      Just passed it over to RW.
      As you say it does look like Barcraps have lost it.nice one ,ta.
      GM

Comment

Good news indeed greymatter.

Comment

if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done GM
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Final one on my list at last:
              Barclayloan

Type of account (Loan)

Date commenced (Approx 2000)

Approx Balance (£4500)

Paying by arrangement with DCA(CDCS)
              Default Notice issued by Barclay(Feb 2004)
              Account run by CDCS

No statement or balance issued since 2005

Hi Niddy/I2D
              I left this until now to request CCA as I planned to phase all my CCA requests over the last 12+ months.Didn't want to overload the DCA/OC in one hit.

08/08/2012 CCA request sent this morning by special delivery
              Greymatter

Comment

Quote:
                Barclaycard Gold Visa

Date commenced (Pre 2000)

Approx Balance (£10600)

Account run by CSL

I will be requesting CCA by recorded delivery tomorrow and will update my diary when I receive anything.

Thanks to Niddy and you all.

Key:
                sent
                received
                other information

16.12.11 Recorded delivery sent today
                19.12.11 Signature obtained
                10.01.12 No response to my CCA request.Am I too early to send :CCA request Final Demand.Or should I ignore and stop payment now.
                10.01.12 Payment stopped
                12.01.12 Letter received(In fact 2 identical) from CSL, they are referring back to client for copy docs.
                26.01.2012 Received a letter direct from BC stating that they no longer hold a copy of my executable agreement.They go on further to state that they accept that they are therefore prevented from enforcing the agreement.
                This therefore makes it in their own wordsThanks AAD

21.03.2012 Hi Niddy I received the following 2 letters :
                19.03.2012 Barclaycard(Posted from Stockport 2nd Class)informing me that the account has been passed to Moorcroft who are now handling the account and I should correspond with them
                19.03.2012 Letter (!st class fro Stockport)Moorcroft threatening me with intended litigation(in bold letters!)

Please advise best course of action for me to take here.
                Thanks
                GM
                21.03.2012 I2D^^^^^CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA-----<send this with a copy of the letter you have......
                21.03.2012 . Letter and attachments sent recorded today.
                Thanks I2D

29.03.2012Letter received today from Moorcroft obviously ignoring ny letter with the enclosure.
                This letter came in a yellow envelope(Piss coloured)with bold ref:IMPORTANT INFORMATION-POSSIBLE LITTIGATION.It shows a grid with costs if they were successful in entering a judgement.
                What would be the response here please Niddy/I2D?
                Thanks
                GM
                29.03.2012 Niddy says: send this:---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                Thanks Niddy
                29.03.2012 Letter: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                going to get recorded del now.

Hi Niddy/I2D
                06/07/2012 Received the repeat possible litigation from Moorcroft this is after they said its on hold whilst investigating.

Should I resend Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action , or ignore ?
                Thanks
                GM
                6/07/2012 I2D .I Would re send this if it were me-----> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
                6/07/2012 Recorded and sent.
                8/07/2012 They have received and signed

12/07/2012 Hi Niddy/I2D
                12/07/2012 Received letter from Moorcroft,obviously ignoring my 2nd letter attaching BC cannot enforce letter.They are quoting CCA 78a re: true copy of their credit agreement on request.need not be an exact copy or photocopy etc etc.It goes on to remind me of Carey vs HSBC Bank the Judge agreeing that this is the correct interpretation.
                They are therefore looking forward to my proposals within the next 14 days to discharge my liability.
                They are clearly ignoring the BC letter 'currently unable to provide a copy of the t/c's...and therefore prevented from enforcing.........' this was back in Jan this year.
                Plus they have also ignored the fact that they(BC)never sent any Tc's(didn't have any) and yet their opening para states that the docs sent by their client meets the requirements under Sec 78 CCA.
                What response should I use or is it an ignore and wait and see?
                Many thanks
                GM
                12/07/2012PEPE 2008 I would ignore them and save my postage. Had them trying exactly the same with me.

Or send them another copy of the BC letter with just a short note inviting them to, this time, read it and understand it and then come back to you with THEIR proposals.

It may well not be a reply to the letter that you recently sent as there are only 4 days separating this letter from Moroncroft and them having recieved the Recorded letter.
                12/07/2012
                Hi pepe2008
                I think that ignoring them at this stage seems favourite as they clearly have not read what they have sent me and what I responded to(2)!!
                I think that they are hoping that my knowledge of UE is about the same as theirs.
                This is their reply to my recent letter as they had sent a 2nd 'Possible Litigation'letter last time(2nd time)and this is what I replied to(again).
                Interesting to see they tried the same tact with you and no doubt many more besides.
                Thanks pepe2008
                23/07/2012
                Hi Niddy/I2D

23/07/2012 Received letter from Moorcrap Headed in very large caps indeed-MONTHLY INSTALENT OFFER
                Letter then goes on to threat -o-gram- style:
                ''As we have not received any communication from you re your o/s account...... In order to stop our recommending our clients that solicitors commence legal proceedings we are prepared to accept payments of £x per month.
                failure to respond may leave us with no option but to recommend to our clients that theyconsider taking legal action against you.bla blah blah.
                They have continually ignored my responses,'Account U/E see attached letter'
                Whats the best response here as previously I ignored their request for my proposals to clear the account?
                Thanks Niddy and I2D
                GM Quote:

08/08/2012
                Hi Niddy/I2D
                Just received a letter from 'midas credit services' part of the Moorcroft Group.
                Letter has big bold 'LITIGATION WARNING' It states that they are now reviewing the account prior to any possible legal action by external solicitors etc etc.
                To prevent further action.......contact Moorcroft or failure to contact Moorcroft by 13th of this month may mean that a decision to proceed with legal action will be made.
                What response should I now send as its clearly Moorcroft and trhey just keep ignoring my response?
                Thanks
                GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
                  Quote:
                  Barclaycard Gold Visa

Date commenced (Pre 2000)

Approx Balance (£10600)

Account run by CSL

I will be requesting CCA by recorded delivery tomorrow and will update my diary when I receive anything.

Thanks to Niddy and you all.

Key:sent
                  received
                  other information

16.12.11 Recorded delivery sent today
                  19.12.11 Signature obtained
                  10.01.12 No response to my CCA request.Am I too early to send :CCA request Final Demand.Or should I ignore and stop payment now.
                  10.01.12 Payment stopped
                  12.01.12 Letter received(In fact 2 identical) from CSL, they are referring back to client for copy docs.
                  26.01.2012 Received a letter direct from BC stating that they no longer hold a copy of my executable agreement.They go on further to state that they accept that they are therefore prevented from enforcing the agreement.
                  This therefore makes it in their own wordsThanks AAD

21.03.2012 Hi Niddy I received the following 2 letters :
                  19.03.2012 Barclaycard(Posted from Stockport 2nd Class)informing me that the account has been passed to Moorcroft who are now handling the account and I should correspond with them
                  19.03.2012 Letter (!st class fro Stockport)Moorcroft threatening me with intended litigation(in bold letters!)

Please advise best course of action for me to take here.
                  Thanks
                  GM
                  21.03.2012 I2D^^^^^CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA-----<send this with a copy of the letter you have......
                  21.03.2012 . Letter and attachments sent recorded today.
                  Thanks I2D

29.03.2012Letter received today from Moorcroft obviously ignoring ny letter with the enclosure.
                  This letter came in a yellow envelope(Piss coloured)with bold ref:IMPORTANT INFORMATION-POSSIBLE LITTIGATION.It shows a grid with costs if they were successful in entering a judgement.
                  What would be the response here please Niddy/I2D?
                  Thanks
                  GM
                  29.03.2012 Niddy says: send this:---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                  Thanks Niddy
                  29.03.2012 Letter: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                  going to get recorded del now.

Hi Niddy/I2D
                  06/07/2012 Received the repeat possible litigation from Moorcroft this is after they said its on hold whilst investigating.

Should I resend Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action , or ignore ?
                  Thanks
                  GM
                  6/07/2012 I2D .I Would re send this if it were me-----> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
                  6/07/2012 Recorded and sent.
                  8/07/2012 They have received and signed

12/07/2012 Hi Niddy/I2D
                  12/07/2012 Received letter from Moorcroft,obviously ignoring my 2nd letter attaching BC cannot enforce letter.They are quoting CCA 78a re: true copy of their credit agreement on request.need not be an exact copy or photocopy etc etc.It goes on to remind me of Carey vs HSBC Bank the Judge agreeing that this is the correct interpretation.
                  They are therefore looking forward to my proposals within the next 14 days to discharge my liability.
                  They are clearly ignoring the BC letter 'currently unable to provide a copy of the t/c's...and therefore prevented from enforcing.........' this was back in Jan this year.
                  Plus they have also ignored the fact that they(BC)never sent any Tc's(didn't have any) and yet their opening para states that the docs sent by their client meets the requirements under Sec 78 CCA.
                  What response should I use or is it an ignore and wait and see?
                  Many thanks
                  GM
                  12/07/2012PEPE 2008 I would ignore them and save my postage. Had them trying exactly the same with me.

Or send them another copy of the BC letter with just a short note inviting them to, this time, read it and understand it and then come back to you with THEIR proposals.

It may well not be a reply to the letter that you recently sent as there are only 4 days separating this letter from Moroncroft and them having recieved the Recorded letter.
                  12/07/2012
                  Hi pepe2008
                  I think that ignoring them at this stage seems favourite as they clearly have not read what they have sent me and what I responded to(2)!!
                  I think that they are hoping that my knowledge of UE is about the same as theirs.
                  This is their reply to my recent letter as they had sent a 2nd 'Possible Litigation'letter last time(2nd time)and this is what I replied to(again).
                  Interesting to see they tried the same tact with you and no doubt many more besides.
                  Thanks pepe2008
                  23/07/2012
                  Hi Niddy/I2D

23/07/2012 Received letter from Moorcrap Headed in very large caps indeed-MONTHLY INSTALENT OFFER
                  Letter then goes on to threat -o-gram- style:
                  ''As we have not received any communication from you re your o/s account...... In order to stop our recommending our clients that solicitors commence legal proceedings we are prepared to accept payments of £x per month.
                  failure to respond may leave us with no option but to recommend to our clients that theyconsider taking legal action against you.bla blah blah.
                  They have continually ignored my responses,'Account U/E see attached letter'
                  Whats the best response here as previously I ignored their request for my proposals to clear the account?
                  Thanks Niddy and I2D
                  GM Quote:

08/08/2012
                  Hi Niddy/I2D
                  Just received a letter from 'midas credit services' part of the Moorcroft Group.
                  Letter has big bold 'LITIGATION WARNING' It states that they are now reviewing the account prior to any possible legal action by external solicitors etc etc.
                  To prevent further action.......contact Moorcroft or failure to contact Moorcroft by 13th of this month may mean that a decision to proceed with legal action will be made.
                  What response should I now send as its clearly Moorcroft and trhey just keep ignoring my response?
                  Thanks
                  GM

I would send this now if it were me-----> Threat by Creditor - Enough is Enough Response
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi I2D
                    Letter done and now going to record the delivery.
                    Thanks
                    GM

Comment

Hi FP
                      I have the letter from BC that states'We are currently unable to provide a copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with sec 82(1) of the act.We accept that we are therefore preventing from enforcing our agreement with you while this state of affairs continues.' etc etc
                      So there it is but is being ignored by Moorcroft,but they have had two copies now.
                      GM

Comment

Typical dca tactics GM.

They hope if they pester you long enough that you'll cave in and pay them.

I've had letters from Moorcroft threatening litigation on two of my debts. Over a year later, they haven't taken me anywhere near a court
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
                          Hi FP
                          I have the letter from BC that states'We are currently unable to provide a copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with sec 82(1) of the act.We accept that we are therefore preventing from enforcing our agreement with you while this state of affairs continues.' etc etc
                          So there it is but is being ignored by Moorcroft,but they have had two copies now.
                          GM
                          Are you sending a copy of that letter with enough is enough

Comment

Hi Vint1954
                            Enough is enough has been sent only as they have had 2 copies of the letter already.
                            I just went for the response as shown.
                            Thanks
                            GM
                            Last edited by greymatter; 8 August 2012, 12:51.

Comment

If they already have it, then that should be fine.

Don't let them grind you down.

Comment

I shan't Vint
                                Thanks
                                GM

Comment

Working...
                                X