GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

PlanB
    No,but the tc's were different ,I got to get hold of an old pre 1985 Access tc's.
    GM

Comment

Thanks FP
      What a day!!
      GM

Comment

I'll PM you access to secure section - sorry, never realised you were locked out
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by greymatter
          Its time to start this one off:

Barclaycard MasterCard

Type of account (credit card)

Date commenced (Approx 2000)

Approx Balance (£3000)

Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
          Paying by arrangement with DCA(CSL)
          Default Notice issued by Mercers acting as agents for BC(Sep 2003)
          Account run by CSL

I will be requesting CCA by recorded delivery Monday 13th Feb 2012 and will update my diary when I receive anything.

Key:sent
          received
          other information

I left this response report until they had enough time to respond:

21/02/2012 Received letter from DCA informing me that they are referring this request to their client for copy documentation.

06/03/2012 As of today I still have not received anything. So I will stop payment before the due date and would this now be considered until they turn up the necessary docs?

03/04/2012 Still not received anything for this account .I have of course stopped payment .
          Should I just sit tight?
          My other diary for Barclays Select #72 is exacxtly the same.No response but payment definately stopped.
          Sit tight here too? [/QUOTE]
          [/QUOTE]03/04/2012 I2D just sit tight.....they are in defult of your CCA request....[/QUOTE]

21/05/2012 Received letter from BC account now passed to Robinson Way to manage collection.... they ask me to contact them as a matter of urgency!!!

CSL/BC have not supplied my CCA but CSL acknowledged receiving my request and have passed on to BC.However no CCA forthcoming.What is the best course of action ,ignore and wait or sold in dispute?
          Thanks
          GM[/QUOTE]
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pixie
          It wouldn't hurt to send the sold in dispute letter (amend as necessary)

21/05/2012 Thanks Pixie.However the letter from BC has a black and white logo and the only address is Robinson Way in the main body of the letter.
          Its signed but no address.
          I'm not completely sure of the right address to respond to,although I have the writers name and position.
          What do you recommend here or should I wait for RW to get in touch and hit them with the sold in dispute letter?
          Thanks
          GM
          21/05/2012 Flowerpower:
          If Robbers Way haven't contacted you yet, wait for them to do so and post and update here when they write to you.

21/05/2012
          OK Will do
          Thanks
          GM

22/05/2012 I got a tel call today from RW I said put it in writing.I hung up.

I realised that the so-called BC letter I received yesterday was actually sent from RW as the address on the envelope(Saved and filed)gave RW address.
          Is this the normal practice that the OC allows the DCA to use their logo and by this token are being bloody devious?
          GM [/QUOTE]

26/05/12 Letter from Robbersway 'Threat-O-Gram' A formal demand for payment They telephoned everyday but I did not pick up.
          (In Caps!!)

This is where CSL wrote to me in Feb 2012 referring to BC for copy docs.Never got anything.
          Whats the best course of action for this please?
          Thanks
          GM

Last edited by greymatter; 26 May 2012, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
            Barclaycard MasterCard

Type of account (credit card)

Date commenced (Approx 2000)

Approx Balance (£3000)

Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
            Paying by arrangement with DCA(CSL)
            Default Notice issued by Mercers acting as agents for BC(Sep 2003)
            Account run by CSL

I will be requesting CCA by recorded delivery Monday 13th Feb 2012 and will update my diary when I receive anything.

Key:sent
            received
            other information

I left this response report until they had enough time to respond:

21/02/2012 Received letter from DCA informing me that they are referring this request to their client for copy documentation.

06/03/2012 As of today I still have not received anything. So I will stop payment before the due date and would this now be considered until they turn up the necessary docs?

03/04/2012 Still not received anything for this account .I have of course stopped payment .
            Should I just sit tight?
            My other diary for Barclays Select #72 is exacxtly the same.No response but payment definately stopped.
            Sit tight here too?

03/04/2012 I2D just sit tight.....they are in defult of your CCA request....

21/05/2012 Received letter from BC account now passed to Robinson Way to manage collection.... they ask me to contact them as a matter of urgency!!!

CSL/BC have not supplied my CCA but CSL acknowledged receiving my request and have passed on to BC.However no CCA forthcoming.What is the best course of action ,ignore and wait or sold in dispute?

21/05/2012 Thanks Pixie.However the letter from BC has a black and white logo and the only address is Robinson Way in the main body of the letter.
            Its signed but no address.
            I'm not completely sure of the right address to respond to,although I have the writers name and position.
            What do you recommend here or should I wait for RW to get in touch and hit them with the sold in dispute letter?

22/05/2012 I got a tel call today from RW I said put it in writing.I hung up.

I realised that the so-called BC letter I received yesterday was actually sent from RW as the address on the envelope(Saved and filed)gave RW address.
            Is this the normal practice that the OC allows the DCA to use their logo and by this token are being bloody devious?

26/05/12 Letter from Robbersway 'Threat-O-Gram' A formal demand for payment They telephoned everyday but I did not pick up.
            (In Caps!!)

This is where CSL wrote to me in Feb 2012 referring to BC for copy docs.Never got anything.
            Whats the best course of action for this please?
            If it was me I Would send --------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute
            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 26 May 2012, 12:51. Reason: fixed quotes
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
              (In Caps!!)

that will be a problem then

A perfect unfair relationship torpedoed by the failing to pick up the phone.

This was confirmed in the hearing of Harrison v Link as Chambers said you cant complain about calls that you do not answer, nor can you claim they are from caller A or caller B if you dont answer cos it could be caller C

Its a shame more people dont answer the phone on these calls even if to say look i cant afford to pay, ive told you over and over, now youre upsetting me and im reporting you!! clunck down with the phone

that would atleast give grounds for challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                that will be a problem then

A perfect unfair relationship torpedoed by the failing to pick up the phone.

This was confirmed in the hearing of Harrison v Link as Chambers said you cant complain about calls that you do not answer, nor can you claim they are from caller A or caller B if you dont answer cos it could be caller C

Its a shame more people dont answer the phone on these calls even if to say look i cant afford to pay, ive told you over and over, now youre upsetting me and im reporting you!! clunck down with the phone

that would atleast give grounds for challenge
                Sorry mate no can do. I do agree with most your pov's but answering the phone is a no go 100% bad move.

The posters here are at their wits end. We're not CAG - we aim to stop action before it starts thus answering the phone is a no go. Remember the judge still must follow the actual guidance by the regulators whom clearly state it's fine to deal in writing. You do not need to answer the phone and we as a forum actively encourage that.

Harassment, as defined in various legislation DOES include missed calls or ignored calls. The judge made a mistake with his comment.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Sorry mate no can do. I do agree with most your pov's but answering the phone is a no go 100% bad move.

The posters here are at their wits end. We're not CAG - we aim to stop action before it starts thus answering the phone is a no go. Remember the judge still must follow the actual guidance by the regulators whom clearly state it's fine to deal in writing. You do not need to answer the phone and we as a forum actively encourage that.

Harassment, as defined in various legislation DOES include missed calls or ignored calls. The judge made a mistake with his comment.
                  and you prove who called how exactly?

Theres your evidential problem,

Comment

Caller display, SAR of their own records, disclosure of facts from claimant.

That's 3 methods

Bit like the old silent calls mate. You can still be charged based on 1471 records kept by the complainant. Remember I'm dipping into telephone harassment and privacy guidelines here (criminal law)....

Comment

My handset stores missed calls with the name of the caller from my phonebook

Comment

Our new service * soon to go live * goes one better.

We'll tell you ALL numbers that attempted to call, when, the number - the lot. Only exception (to comply with ofcom) is with witheld numbers we only show the first 8 digits.

Game. Set & match to all subscribers of our new service. There's your evidence by computer mainframe record provided by us.

Comment

Our new service * soon to go live * goes one better.

We'll tell you ALL numbers that attempted to call, when, the number - the lot. Only exception (to comply with ofcom) is with witheld numbers we only show the first 8 digits.

Game. Set & match to all subscribers of our new service. There's your evidence by computer mainframe record provided by us.
                          You will have access to the real numbers behind witheld numbers

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            You will have access to the real numbers behind witheld numbers
                            Oooooh yes.

Test it. Withhold your number (141) and call me - 08446600571

I'll then pm you the number used. And you reply here with truthful answer if it's correct or not

Comment

Oooooh yes.

Test it. Withhold your number (141) and call me - 08446600571

I'll then pm you the number used. And you reply here with truthful answer if it's correct or not
                              I've just done that from a BT landline which has 'number witheld' permanently and it's not the number you've already got for me so I'll know if you're cheating

Comment

Check pm's

Comment

Working...
                                X