GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Thanks I2D
    Going recorded now.

Comment

Just a quick point,if a DCA is actually registering at Companies House each year as Dormant,with no activity reported,can they still chase for monies?Or is this sliding under the Radar?
      GM
      Last edited by greymatter; 9 February 2012, 19:43. Reason: update

Comment

Brunswick Collection Services Ltd.I checked them out on Companies House.They state that 'The Company did not trade during the current year(2011)or prior year and in the opinion of the Directors will not trade within the foreseeable future'
        This lot are wholly owned by Clydesdale Bank,who are owned by Nat Aust Bank Ltd(Yorkshire Bank lot)
        Brunswick are not on the CSA register as far as I can see.If they are trading(Debt Collecting) then they are not disclosing this to Companies House!
        Whats your thoughts on this one FP
        GM

Comment

Just looked them up and their licence lapsed on 06/12/2006.
          GM

Comment

OK ,yes they are a sub of Clydesdale.However as I said Brunswick are Dormant.Perhaps I should check it out with the OFT.
            GM

Comment

Spoke to OFT.I need to write to Brunswick and request confirmation that they are legally allowed to act as Debt Collectors.Certainly if they send a further chase letter.If not then OFT will investigate them.
              The OFT have informed TS of the situation.
              GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
                Originally Posted by greymatter
                Hi Niddy,I have read within these diaries that 'Fixed/Flexible' loans are somewhat different to the normal loan account.Does my loan come in this category?Hence my mini explanation of the running of my loan account,cos I was lent a fixed sum.If it does but they can't come across with a signed agreement then does this qualify for a U/E route?I have not made any application for CCA 77-79 until I get your thoughts regarding this situation.
                Key:sent
                received
                other information

Barclays Select
                Type of account Fixed (Loan over 36 Months)
                Explanation
                This loan account required that you pay the agreed fixed monthly amount and if you default( miss payment(s)) this agreed monthly figure is immediately tranferred to what they call a Flexible Account.This is shown(detailed) within the same monthly statement and interest is then added to the o/s month(s) default and added to the flexible balance.You are then required to pay the agreed current monthly fixed loan figure plus a minimum payment from the flexible balance.So if you cannot pay this you soon receive a D/N.The D/N shows the balance they are after,which is the total o/s.No split is shown between 'fixed and flexible'.
                Date commenced (July 2003)

Approx Balance (£10000)

Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2004)

Paying by arrangement with DCA(Credit Solutions)

Default Notice issued by Barclays(Dec 2003 + again April 2004)

Account run by Credit Solutions

10/01/12 CCA request sent recorded delivery
                20.01.12 Letter from CSL :they are requesting the documents from Barclays and will forward onto me when they get them.
                I will give them till early next week,then I shall stop payment.

03/02/2012 Not yet had a reply.What response should I use or should I wait till next week?
                10/02/2012 Received letter from them asking for the £1 fee.They had already sent me a letter telling me that they were requesting the docs from the OC.
                They said to keep paying until they respond(Bollax)
                10/02/12 I have responded with a copy of this letter and my PO receipt.
                Is it best to now cancel the payment or wait ?
                Last edited by greymatter; 30 March 2012, 15:18.

Comment

Hi I2D
                  Is it best to wait for their response as they are way over the time scale here,before cancelling.Actually they say in their letter (above note) that until I get a response I should still continue to pay.but then they would wouldn't they!
                  As I sent the PO and request by special del I know they rec'd ,but to check if the PO has been cashed takes a few weeks.
                  What do you reckon here?
                  Thanks
                  GM

Comment

Hi I2D
                    Is it best to wait for their response as they are way over the time scale here,before cancelling.Actually they say in their letter (above note) that until I get a response I should still continue to pay.but then they would wouldn't they!
                    As I sent the PO and request by special del I know they rec'd ,but to check if the PO has been cashed takes a few weeks.
                    What do you reckon here?
                    Thanks
                    GM
                    I Would stop paying......
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I2D
                      GM

Comment

I am going for this next:
                        Arrow (was EGG)

Type of account (Loan with PPI)

Date commenced (Approx 1999)

Approx Balance (£3000)

Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2003)

Paying by arrangement with DCA(Moorcroft)

Default Notice issued by Egg(May 2003)

Account run by Moorcroft

received
                        other information

Been paying token payment for a few years.
                        25th June 2011 Egg assigned the account to Arrow Global
                        30/01/2012 CCA requested by recorded delivery
                        I will update as and when I receive any correspondence
                        10/02/2012 Received letter from DCA informing me that the OC cannot produce my agreement.
                        This therefore makes it UE

I have responded with Final Response - UE (No CCA Received)[/QUOTE]
                        27/02/2012 Redceived response from Moorcroft' They advise me that they no longer deal with this account.For avoidance of doubt I should resubmit my request to the client.
                        As its due to the fact that they have already told me they/client cannot produce the agreement etc should this now go under the 'ignore it' heading?
                        Last edited by greymatter; 27 February 2012, 11:34.

Comment

10/02/2012 Received letter from DCA informing me that the OC cannot produce my agreement.
                          This therefore makes it UE

I have responded with Final Response - UE (No CCA Received)
                          Keep that letter safe .......no need to respond.....
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I2D
                            I sent the letter this A.M, as last time I did the same for a Moorcroft.They wanted a response so the AAD letter puts closure on it.
                            I must learn to slow down with my responses.LOL
                            Letter is indeed safe ..ooooh yes.
                            GM
                            Last edited by greymatter; 11 February 2012, 13:19. Reason: update

Comment

Its time to start this one off:

Barclaycard MasterCard

Type of account (credit card)

Date commenced (Approx 2000)

Approx Balance (£3000)

Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
                              Paying by arrangement with DCA(CSL)
                              Default Notice issued by Mercers acting as agents for BC(Sep 2003)
                              Account run by CSL

I will be requesting CCA by recorded delivery Monday 13th Feb 2012 and will update my diary when I receive anything.

received
                              other information

Comment

Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
                                Seems to me that its statute barred no??

My mistake, is on paying arrangement
                                Last edited by Fribourg; 11 February 2012, 17:59. Reason: Correction

Comment

Working...
                                X