GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
    Trouble is the account has not been sold on.Its only being handled by the DCA on OC instructions.
    Taken from my post under 'what do you do when.......'
    (Quote):
    Where an account has been notified to you as UE(No docs available) and the OC still employs various DCA's as paid 'threat O grams' for results. Then the DCA request(s) to pay up etc etc should surely be ignored as clearly the OC are just using bully boy tactics for an account they know cannot be collected,in the hope that we fold in through lack of CCA knowledge.The account is unassigned and still belongs to the OC.(Quote)
    So if I should respond what template letter should I use,thats if in your opinion, it needs a response.
    Thanks
    GM
    If it was me I would ignore ....and see what they send next
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I2D
      Thats what I thought but being a novice its always best to check with you Guys.
      GM

Comment

Thought it best to record this account here as it was in UE section:
        Barclays (was EGG)

Type of account (credit card)

Date commenced (Approx 2000)

Approx Balance (£13000)

Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2003)

Paying by arrangement with DCA(Moorcroft)

Default Notice issued by Egg(Mar 2003)

Account run by Moorcroft

Key:sent
        received
        other information

3.11.11 CCA request sent(I sent two requests as I thought they ignored the 1st)
        12.11.11 Letter received from Moorcroft stating'unable to produce a copy of your credit agreement because of the age of the account.....'

21.11.11 Letter sent Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received)
        28.11.11 Letter received from Moorcroft stating'returning the account back to their client and to cease any further activity with regard to it'
        30.11.11 This makes the account
        3.11.11 I have ceased payments
        13.12.11 Letter received from BC informing me that account now passed to Allied International Credit.BC state that'We will no longer accept any communication from you'
        19.12.11 Niddy says ignore
        14.01.12 Could see on my phone I had been called by AIC in the morning-no message.So this is the start I suppose I will be getting the calls and letters now.Well with you all behind me 'let the games begin'
        16.01.12 As expected,I have received a letter from AIC this am.They are reviewing my fie within the collections dept to consider if further action is warranted.The options they go on to offer are various methods to reduce/pay off the balance.It closes with 'failure to contact us immediately on the telephone etc etc may result in a recommendation to their client that proceedings should be initiated against you'

Niddy,what will be my next course of action ,reply or ignore?
        Thanks
        GM
        16.01.12Niddy says ignore
        17.01.12 Rec'd another call from AIC this am but ignored it.

2/02/2012 Got a call from AIC 9.30am .I answered by mistake as I was expecting a call from a friend.However I told them I want any further communication made by letter.That this conversation is being recorded .I told them that the OC BC cannot produce the agreement as it was over 6 years ago.
        They said that they would get back to OC and will write to me when they have an answer.
        I am annoyed that I answered but on reflection having recorded the conversation,does give me an audit trail.
        Last edited by greymatter; 2 February 2012, 10:06. Reason: update

Comment

03/02/2012 Not yet had a reply.What response should I use or should I wait till next week?
          Last edited by greymatter; 3 February 2012, 13:22.

Comment

I will give them till early next week,then I shall stop payment.
            03/02/2012 Not yet had a reply.What response should I use or should I wait till next week?
            Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by greymatter
              Hi Niddy,I have read within these diaries that 'Fixed/Flexible' loans are somewhat different to the normal loan account.Does my loan come in this category?Hence my mini explanation of the running of my loan account,cos I was lent a fixed sum.If it does but they can't come across with a signed agreement then does this qualify for a U/E route?I have not made any application for CCA 77-79 until I get your thoughts regarding this situation.
              Key:sent
              received
              other information

Barclays Select
              Type of account Fixed (Loan over 36 Months)
              Explanation
              This loan account required that you pay the agreed fixed monthly amount and if you default( miss payment(s)) this agreed monthly figure is immediately tranferred to what they call a Flexible Account.This is shown(detailed) within the same monthly statement and interest is then added to the o/s month(s) default and added to the flexible balance.You are then required to pay the agreed current monthly fixed loan figure plus a minimum payment from the flexible balance.So if you cannot pay this you soon receive a D/N.The D/N shows the balance they are after,which is the total o/s.No split is shown between 'fixed and flexible'.
              Date commenced (July 2003)

Approx Balance (£10000)

Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2004)

Paying by arrangement with DCA(Credit Solutions)

Default Notice issued by Barclays(Dec 2003 + again April 2004)

Account run by Credit Solutions

10/01/12 CCA request sent recorded delivery
              20.01.12 Letter from CSL :they are requesting the documents from Barclays and will forward onto me when they get them.
              I will give them till early next week,then I shall stop payment.

10/02/2012 Received letter from them asking for the £1 fee.They had already sent me a letter telling me that they were requesting the docs from the OC.
              They said to keep paying until they respond(Bollax)
              I have responded with a copy of this letter and my PO receipt.
              Is it best to now cancel the payment or wait ?
              Last edited by greymatter; 10 February 2012, 12:29.

Comment

On balance and referring back through the various diaries it would appear that I should send them:CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat.However I will still always ask AAD. If I have ' cocked up' please shout!
                At least it gets the thing moving!
                GM
                Last edited by greymatter; 3 February 2012, 15:46. Reason: updating

Comment

On balance and referring back through the various diaries it would appear that I should send them:CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat.However I will still always ask AAD. If I have ' cocked up' please shout!
                  At least it gets the thing moving!
                  GM
                  just wait till next week...........you still paying this ?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi I2D
                    Yes still paying ,but next payment isn't due until 19/2/12.Should I cancel now ?

I have sent the letter as I was going out got back and see you recommend 'Just wait till next week' sods law,my apologies for being impatient.
                    GM

Comment

Hi I2D
                      Yes still paying ,but next payment isn't due until 19/2/12.Should I cancel now ?

I have sent the letter as I was going out got back and see you recommend 'Just wait till next week' sods law,my apologies for being impatient.
                      GM
                      see what comes back you still got time to cancel payment........Don't rush these things

Comment

You are soooo right,patience is a virtue.I will update my diary when I get a response.
                        Thanks I2D

Comment

Yorkshire Bank(was Vivid)
                          Type of account (Loan)

Date commenced (Approx 2001)

Approx Balance (£6500)

Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
                          Paying by arrangement with DCA(Sutcliffe)
                          Default Notice issued by YB( 2003)
                          Account run by various DCA's(Apex,Sutcliffe,NCO,now Brunswick)
                          Eventually Account was purchased by Apex
                          04/03/2010 Letter sent by me requesting CCA(Recorded)
                          08/03/2010 Letter from Apex referring my request to YB.They placed my account on hold
                          25/03/2010 I sent Apex letter 'Failure to comply etc'
                          30/03/2010 Letter from Apex treating my last letter as a complaint
                          23/04/2010 Letter from Apex stating that they are advised by YB(NAGB)that they are unable to provide me with the number of requested documents.Therefore they are returning the account back to NABG and Apex are closing the account with Apex.
                          31/03/2010 I cancelled my monthly payment
                          20/06/2011 First statement received from YB showing old balance
                          08/07/2011 Chasing letter from Sutcliffes notifying me of a £20 uplift!
                          19/11/2011 Second statement with increased balance by £20
                          14/07/2011 I sent a letter reminding them of my request to Apex for CCA and their reply.I also asked them to please remove the £20 as the account is UE
                          They received this as I registered it and got a signature.(This was all done Pre Niddy )
                          I posted this initially under:Re: Charged £20 admin fee although account UE-(Under the Unenforceability section)
                          19/01/2012 Received letter from a new DCA Brunswick Collection Services requesting that I pay giving me various options.

Key:Items sent in blue
                          Items received in red
                          Comments in green

So as this is please advise me as to what my next move should be.
                          Thanks all.

23/01/12 Niddy says ignore them for now

09/02/2012 Received a DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE letter this morning,from Brunswick Collection Services. In more bold they say'Legal Proceedings could result in one or all of the following consequences:Any future sale of the house could be affected....etc etc

What response ,if any ,do I need here please.

9/02/2012 I2D send them this >..........Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action

9/02/2012 Sent recorded
                          Last edited by greymatter; 24 February 2012, 12:18. Reason: Update today

Comment

09/02/2012 Received a DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE letter this morning,from Brunswick Collection Services. In more bold they say'Legal Proceedings could result in one or all of the following consequences:Any future sale of the house could be affected....etc etc

What response ,if any ,do I need here please.
                            Thanks
                            GM
                            I Would send them this >..........Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action

Comment

Thanks I2D
                              I will get this away today by recorded del,however I notice that they use a PO BOX how do I get around this one?
                              GM

Comment

Thanks I2D
                                I will get this away today by recorded del,however I notice that they use a PO BOX how do I get around this one?
                                GM
                                Just send it to that PO Box .....It Will be OK
                                Last edited by Deepie; 9 February 2012, 12:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X