GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oct Revolution's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct Revolution's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Revolution's UE Diary

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Morning Nid,

Received a letter from Santander today in response to my letter of complaint about CCA being a copy of T&C’s. In the letter they say:

“it is our belief that we have fully complied with all elements of the Consumer Credit Act and the enclosed CCA and copy of Terms and Conditions support this and the agreement is fully enforceable.”

It also goes on to say:

“the following activities are not considered to be enforcement action and will continue during/following our investigation:

Reporting info to CRA;
      Requesting payment;
      Issuing default;
      Instruct 3rd party to seek payment”

Not sure what I need to do, just ignore/sit back and see what happens next or do I need to send a letter of some sort. You probably don’t need to see the letter but if you do let me know and I’ll e-mail it to you.

Many thanks
      Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Hi NID,

just wondering what I need to do about my last post ref letter from Santander.

best regards,

Oct Revolution

Comment

Hiya

If I don't reply it's cos it's not important, i've not been here much as work has made me rather busy so sorry for the delay!

Yes, you can ignore it. What they say is accurate, they can ask you to repay but cannot enforce anything.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK NIddy - many thanks,

sorry if I appeared "pushy"; will wait and be more patient next time
            Oct Revolution

Comment

cheers matey

Comment

Hi Nid,

Received a letter from RBS today (Acc 8 on my list).

Brief recap: sent CCA request (6/10/10); rec’d Application Form – deemed UE by your good self (1/11/10); “Application Form” rec’d letter sent back to RBS (2/11/10).

I’d heard nothing from them other than statements until this letter today which says:

“….disappointed to note you have failed to comply with our agreement; unless an immediate payment is made to your account and regular payments thereafter we have no alternative but to place account in hands of external DCA without prior warning”

Do I need to respond with anything or is this a bog standard letter and need not do anything at the moment and wait to see what happens next?

Many thanks
                Oct Revolution

Comment

Originally posted by October Revolution
                  Do I need to respond with anything or is this a bog standard letter and need not do anything at the moment and wait to see what happens next?

Many thanks
                  Hiya

You can ignore this until they do sell the account and you hear something from the new DCA!

Comment

Morning Niddy and a very Happy New Year to you and everyone else.

Just a quick question about daily phone calls I’m receiving from RBS (acc 8 on my list).

At the moment I’m only receiving one a day and as I have caller display I know it’s them calling so don’t answer. At this early stage it’s not too much trouble/harassment but as my other 10 creditors begin to chase me I can see the calls increasing. Would it be prudent at this stage to send the “Telephone Harassment” template to RBS even though I’m not actually answering their calls?

At least if I send it now it may be one less calling when all the others kick-in.

Many thanks
                    Oct Revolution

Comment

Hiya,

To be honest you would be better changing numbers - those letters are fine, in theory - however most lenders/dca's ignore your request and the only way to ensure compliance is to take them to court which we strongly suggest you do not entertain!

Comment

OK Niddy,

many thanks
                        Oct Revolution

Comment

Hi NID ya ,

Rec’d letter from Collect Direct (Re my Citicard Acc 2 on my list) dated 30/12/10 stating my “payment arrangement is revoked and I should contact them within 5 days to arrange alternative payment plan. Should they fail to hear from me by this time they may have no alternative to recommend to their client to take legal action to recover debt.”

As I’ve sent CCA request to Citi on 14/12/10 and as of yet it’s not been delivered or heard from them do I need to do anything or just ignore?

Brief re-cap on this account is:

6/10/10 - CCA Request sent to Collect Direct DCA
                          6/11/10 - Letter from DCA asking me to contact OC direct for CCA
                          9/11/10 - "DCA declining CCA request" letter sent back to DCA
                          1/12/10 - Another letter from DCA asking me to contact OC direct for CCA. Will now send CCA request to OC (Citicard) as per Niddy's instructions.
                          14/12/10 - CCA request sent to OC (Citicard)
                          05/01/11 - Above letter not delivered yet; according to Royal Mail Track and Trace letter being re-directed !
                          06/01/11 - Letter from Collect Direct "payment arrangement revoked - must contact them within 5 days to arrange alternative or may advise client to take legal action”

Thanks

Oct Revolution

Comment

Hi Niddy, ya

Received another letter from RBS today (Acc 8 on my list).

Brief recap:

6/10/10 - CCA Request sent
                            1/11/10 - CCA rec'd
                            2/11/10 - Niddy says: UE "Application form" rec'd - Letter sent.
                            18/12/10 - Letter rec'd from RBS “….disappointed you have failed to comply with our agreement; unless an immediate payment is made to your account & regular payments thereafter we have no alternative but to place account in hands of external DCA without prior warning”
                            22/12/10 - Niddy says ignore last until I hear from DCA
                            04/01/11 - Receiving calls daily from them, but I don't answer.

Just a note to make on the "application form rec'd" template I sent to RBS 02/11/10 after checking the Royal Mail track and trace site it's still showing as undelivered - so I'm wondering if they ever received it?

The letter today says:

“as you have failed to respond to banks previous demands, we have no alternative but to commence further proceedings for recovery…….we urge you to call to resolve this matter……..failure to do so may result in account being passed to external DCA without further warning or delay”

Is there anything I need to respond with or just ignore until they pass onto DCA and see what happens next?

As ever many thanks in advance and I await your reply/advice.

Oct Revolution

Comment

Hi Niddy ya ,

Rec’d letter from Collect Direct (Re my Citicard Acc 2 on my list) dated 30/12/10 stating my “payment arrangement is revoked and I should contact them within 5 days to arrange alternative payment plan. Should they fail to hear from me by this time they may have no alternative to recommend to their client to take legal action to recover debt.”

As I’ve sent CCA request to Citi on 14/12/10 and as of yet it’s not been delivered or heard from them do I need to do anything or just ignore?

Brief re-cap on this account is:

6/10/10 - CCA Request sent to Collect Direct DCA
                              6/11/10 - Letter from DCA asking me to contact OC direct for CCA
                              9/11/10 - "DCA declining CCA request" letter sent back to DCA
                              1/12/10 - Another letter from DCA asking me to contact OC direct for CCA. Will now send CCA request to OC (Citicard) as per Niddy's instructions.
                              14/12/10 - CCA request sent to OC (Citicard)
                              05/01/11 - Above letter not delivered yet; according to Royal Mail Track and Trace letter being re-directed !
                              06/01/11 - Letter from Collect Direct "payment arrangement revoked - must contact them within 5 days to arrange alternative or may advise client to take legal action”

Thanks

You need to now send a new CCA Request off (recorded delivery) to collect direct as they are the account owners per-se...... that also buys you plenty of time lol.

Best of luck

Comment

Received another letter from RBS today (Acc 8 on my list).

Just a note to make on the "application form rec'd" template I sent to RBS 02/11/10 after checking the Royal Mail track and trace site it's still showing as undelivered - so I'm wondering if they ever received it?

Is there anything I need to respond with or just ignore until they pass onto DCA and see what happens next?

As ever many thanks in advance and I await your reply/advice.

Send a copy of the original CCA Request and this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=1502#p1502

You do not need to send another £1....

Comment

Working...
                                X