GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oct Revolution's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct Revolution's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Revolution's UE Diary

y
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy, ya

Just a quick update to my diary and a quick question (unless I’m worrying about things I don’t need to!)

Briefly I stopped all £1 token payments to my 11 creditors in October 2010 and sent CCA request on 6/10/10.

To date out of the 11 creditors:

4 have sent some form of CCA which you’ve advised UE/Blag and appropriate letters have been sent.

1 has referred me back to OC to which refusal to supply CCA has been sent.

3 have acknowledged my CCA request but I’ve heard/received nothing since. :confusing

And

3 I’ve not heard anything at all since sending the CCA request on 6/10/10 :confusing

I was just wondering what I need to do (if anything) about the 6 creditors where I have not received a CCA as it’s now over 6 weeks since I sent the CCA request. Or am I worrying too much and need do nothing as until they respond with a valid CCA they remain UE.

I know I’m probably tempting fate now and my letter box will be full come Monday. ;D
      Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Originally posted by October Revolution
        I was just wondering what I need to do (if anything) about the 6 creditors where I have not received a CCA as it’s now over 6 weeks since I sent the CCA request. Or am I worrying too much and need do nothing as until they respond with a valid CCA they remain UE.

I know I’m probably tempting fate now and my letter box will be full come Monday. ;D
        Hiya, you don't do anything - so long as you keep proof of delivery receipt and the postal order / cheque number as proof you also sent payment then they cannot do anything and the debt remains unenforceable until such time they do respond.

The reason we say send it recorded and send cheque/postal order is because this gives you an audit trail. So, if the lender tries to take you to court and then say "oh he never requested a CCA" we'd throw back to them the royal mail receipt plus a copy of the online proof (although not imperitive) along with proof of the payment. Whether they get the request or cash the payment doesn't matter - the fact you send it recorded "legally" means it is assumed delivered within 12+2 days......

Make sense now? :grumble
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes it does Niddy,

perhaps I should know better after receiving all your advice and reading other diaries.

I'll leave them alone it's bit like poking a stick into the hornets nest I feel which I don't need to do. I’ll sit back and wait and see what happens, after all the longer it takes the better, as all the time the SB clock is ticking.

once again thanks for your time. I'll stop worring and sit back, relax and see what they throw at me next. :yeah

Oct Revolution

Comment

Nice one, just stop worrying and see what happens yea?

Comment

will do Niddy

many thanks
              Oct Revolution

Comment

Morning Nid,

in today's post I received a reply from Egg in response to my "T&C's" supplied letter sent to them.

They basically say: "have requested info to be re-sent to you; the docs provided constitute a true copy of agreement; as they have now satisfied my request for CCA the complaint is now closed; S78 request does not entitle you to withhold regular monthly payments and as such should continue to make payments".

I have e-mailed the two page letter for you to cast your eye over and advise accordingly.

Many thanks NID

Oct Revolution

Comment

Hiya

Its a bog standard reply that they always send out - no action necessary, just file it away!

Comment

Thanks NID for your quick and swift reply.

It took me longer to type up my original post and scan the documents and then e-mail them to you than it did for your reply !! :yeah

Will file the letter sit back and see what happens next.

Once again
                    Oct Revolution

Comment

Hiya

sorry lol - what you have to remember is I have seen all the letters a million times before so just pop on here and tell me what you have been sent then wait - usually i'll tell you the answer as is. If I need to see what they sent you i'd ask for it......

Comment

OK Nid,

will take that on board and next time post a brief discription of letter contents and then see if you need me to e-mail it.

Oct Revolution

Comment

Exactly - cheers

Comment

Hi Nid,

Just a quick update/advice required for post received today from Collect Direct ref my Citibank card which is now with Collect Direct (acc 2 on my list).

I sent CAA request to Collect Direct on 6/10/10 to which they returned my cheque asking me to contact the OC for my CCA, so I sent "DCA declining CCA request" letter to Collect Direct just to receive my cheque back AGAIN today and asking to contact OC direct for CCA. I'm just unsure what to do next - try Collect Direct again or contact OC for CCA as I'm going round in circles.

If you could please advise what you think I need do next.

Many thanks.
                            Oct Revolution

Comment

Send it to the OC. Easiest option here

Comment

OK will do Niddy

many thanks
                                Oct Revolution

Comment

Working...
                                X