GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Garlock

That's exactly what I suspect is the case but I was just checking on the recommended course of action regarding what response I should give, if any, and how I relate to the relevant account. It's just that I have a filing system for all my accounts and I don't know which file to place this latest correspondence in. I'll just sit tight though as advised.

Billy

Comment

We were initially confused by all the shenanigans they were playing as we have four accounts in dispute with them and they are all BC's own. We were able to ascertian which accounts except one from the amounts they had stated, and crossreferencing the Mercers DNs which had inaccurate figures on them. The one which was aproblem we challenged via our solicitors who sent a snotty letter to the debt purchaser by that time who had come up with yet another card number denying any knowledge of any such account number, BC responded (via purchaser who copied us in) eating humble pie and quoting the original card number which was over 25 years old and hadn't changed during its lifetime. Not hat I would recommend anyone else to do that it was that I was just mad at the underhand tactics and wanted to bite back a bit.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

You say that it's permissable to change the account/reference numbers but surely that is the point of a reference number - to be a reference from one communication to another. I'm not saying that they are necessarily breaking any rules by doing so but then, by the same token, isn't the person on the other end of the unreferenced communication quite within their rights to just ignore said communication? If nothing else, it's a good delaying tactic created by them

Comment

I think the intention of doing this is that you contact them (DON'T do this, but from their point of view, hopefully by phone) to clarify.

If you ignore I think you'd be on a sticky wicket - better perhaps to seek clarification in writing.

Comment

I will have to have a look back at some posts in recent weeks. Niddy and I had a discussion on one thread on this very subject, as I thought, wrongly that it mattered. It does not it would seem.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
              Garlock

That's exactly what I suspect is the case but I was just checking on the recommended course of action regarding what response I should give, if any, and how I relate to the relevant account. It's just that I have a filing system for all my accounts and I don't know which file to place this latest correspondence in. I'll just sit tight though as advised.

Billy
              Ok, as I have explained in the past a reference means nothing in relation to CCA or any applicable laws - basically the account exists and that's that. A reference can and usually does change several times throughout the lifecycle of a defaulted debt, moreso when it changes firms.

Good example, Barclays just took over Egg - now for a fact they will not be using the same references as Barclays use a CIN (Customer ID No) whereas Egg simply used your surname and first initials along with last 4 digits of your card as your ID so these cannot match and so Barclays as the new owners can and will merge these into their own type of references.

In some cases the whole card number will change in others you'll find that the actual customer reference changes. It really doesn't matter.

However for ease and clarity as to what account they refer to with you, simply keep it in a "Barclays General" folder as you'll find this will happen more and more as things get sold on etc......

Its fine, don't reply for now.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You say that it's permissable to change the account/reference numbers
                It is - perfectly acceptable and to be fair, most customers get confused when this happens, christ - I had it with Opus/Citi - suddenly got a letter from Opus and binned it without realising it was due to the transfer of accounts ( ) - yep, even I got suckered by that one due to ignorance of ignoring forum posts about Citi/Opus etc....

but surely that is the point of a reference number - to be a reference from one communication to another.
                Yea, your name, address and date of birth is always the original and legally acceptable verification method so if in doubt, YOU supply that data and the bank will know it is you. Obviously the other method is signature verification which we DO NOT do here

I'm not saying that they are necessarily breaking any rules by doing so but then,
                They're not.

by the same token, isn't the person on the other end of the unreferenced communication quite within their rights to just ignore said communication?
                Sure, but it'll not benefit you - for the moment yea, ignore this particular letter but they will write back and then you'll get a better idea of what it is they're on about...

If nothing else, it's a good delaying tactic created by them
                Exactly - right attitude.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good, so despite what my missus says I may be doing something right, then

Comment

Good, so despite what my missus says I may be doing something right, then
                    I guess so mate

Comment

Good old RMA have sent me a nice card saying that they will be contacting me on Wednesday. Doesn't say how they will be contacting me or on which Wednesday and it also has no date on the card. I suspect that it is just a bit of fishing....

Comment

just ignore this billy, if they are trying to collect they will eventually send a proper letter so that you know exactly what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                          just ignore this billy, if they are trying to collect they will eventually send a proper letter so that you know exactly what they are talking about.
                          Now that's something that I am good at

Comment

American Express CC
                            Commenced 2001
                            Balance £3,365.95
                            Last Paid min payment October 28 2011
                            06/12/2011 Sent CCA request signed digitally along with £1 PO to AMEX - Recorded
                            21/12/2011 Received my PO back from AMEX with a letter which basically says they require my date of birth and my signature
                            21/12/2011 Sent them the "signature not required" letter Unenforceability Templates - Section 1
                            31/12/2011 Received IMPORTANT NOTICE from Power2Contact urging me to contact them - ignored
                            04/01/2012 Received response to my CCA request

Emailed Niddy letters to have a look at
                            Last edited by billytommo; 23 January 2012, 18:56.

Comment

Don't wish to pester but I take it you got the files okay Niddy? As long as you have that's fine...

Comment

gimme 5 mins mate

Comment

Working...
                                X