GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
    Just received a letter from Barclaycard to inform me that "the above account has now been assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKDP LLP" and they have appointed MKRR as their servicing agent to manage the account.

I don't suppose you need to see a copy Niddy but just let me know if I need to do anything.

Cheers
    Just ignore for now....let us know what they send next....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It must have been a mass monthly mailing because I had the exact same letter from them.

I am waiting to see what they send next. My CCA has been declared so I am not concerned about this new DCA. I think it's DCA number 5 on this account and I am sure number 6 isn't far away.

MJ
      Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Lucky you, mine has been declared

I'm just ignoring for now awaiting further instruction

Comment

Ahh but yours is a lot more recent mate. That's the problem Here
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lucky you, mine has been declared

I'm just ignoring for now awaiting further instruction
            Sorry to hear that mate. As Niddy says your agreement is a lot newer than mine.
            Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Oh I know. I'm just bemoaning my luck at the moment. Feeling a bit sorry for myself. Not looking for sympathy though! You've got to take the positives out of any situation and hopefully I can take something out of mine

Comment

Had a couple of letters today; one from good old Mr Carter re-my Capital One account. He says that if I don't contact then they will recommend to their client to issue court proceedings . This must have crossed in the post with the 'Missing PTs' letter that I sent them the other day. Do I need to do anything? I can send a copy of the letter to you Niddy but I rather think that you will have seen the like before

Also, had another letter from Barclaycard regarding my account which has been deemed by Niddy. It was suggested that I blag it for now. What can I blag it with?

Last edited by billytommo; 8 December 2011, 14:31.

Comment

Had a couple of letters today; one from good old Mr Carter re-my Capital One account. He says that if I don't contact then they will recommend to their client to issue court proceedings . This must have crossed in the post with the 'Missing PTs' letter that I sent them the other day. Do I need to do anything? I can send a copy of the letter to you Niddy but I rather think that you will have seen the like before

Also, had another letter from Barclaycard regarding my account which has been deemed by Niddy. It was suggested that I blag it for now. What can I blag it with?

ignore Cap 1........What did the letter from Barclaycard say?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It was a Formal Demand for Payment from Barclaycard, even though they have only told me that all contact regarding the account should now be directed to MKRR on behalf of MKDP LLP

Comment

It was a Formal Demand for Payment from Barclaycard, even though they have only told me that all contact regarding the account should now be directed to MKRR on behalf of MKDP LLP
                      Wait till you here from MKRR.........

Comment

Yes wait till MKRR make contact. However just check the letter from BC making "Formal Demand" are they saying that it has been asssigned to MKDP LLP? Normally these clowns don't act as DCAs but are debt purchasers, MKRR being their collections arm.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

OK picked up the rest of thread again. This particular card has been assigned in Absolute as far as I can see based on the post of yesterday. In some ways this can be a good thing. It will have been purchased for between 10p and 12p in the pound so when and if the time comes, it may be a little easier to negotiate some advantageous terms/settlement. But again wait for them to come to you.

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

I received a letter yesterday from Barclaycard informing me that my account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKDP LLP on 21 November 2011. Then I receive another letter today, again from Barclaycard, which was a Formal Demand for payment. It mentions "as you haven't complied with the recent Default Notice..." and mentions CRAs as well as "to stop any further action...." Nothing that I haven't seen before but I thought that I'd just run it past you...

Comment

I received a letter yesterday from Barclaycard informing me that my account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKDP LLP on 21 November 2011. Then I receive another letter today, again from Barclaycard, which was a Formal Demand for payment. It mentions "as you haven't complied with the recent Default Notice..." and mentions CRAs as well as "to stop any further action...." Nothing that I haven't seen before but I thought that I'd just run it past you...
                              Hi Billy

Just a thought about this. What was the date on the letter received today Formal Demand for payment. ? Have you kept the envelope it came in ?

If it was dated after the 21st, when the debt was assigned to MKDP, I would think that BCard must have broken quite a few regulations as surely they cannot demand payment for a debt that no longer belongs to them ?

MK
                              One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                              Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

MK

Yes, I get your drift. I have got the envelopes that the letters came in. The first letter concerned which was to inform me of the reassignment and transferral of the account by Barclaycard to MKDP LLP was dated 29/11/11 with the delivery date of 7/12/2011. The letter received today, 8/12/2011, which is the formal demand for payment one is dated 1 December 2011. I say that I get your drift but if you have read any of my posts I am very new here. I have done quite a bit of reading on here so, whilst certainly not an expert and I wouldn't have the confidence to give anyone any pointers unless their situation was exactly the same as mine. I get where you are coming from but will welcome other forum members to comment on the possibilities of this angle.

Billy

Comment

Working...
                                X