GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

I've got your email.

You've only sent me Page 1 of Shoosmiths letter. The final paragraph matters (on Page 2?) because that's the bit which will say what they intend to do next. Hopefully it will say they don't intend to do anything but we need to be sure. Send it to me.

Their letter quite rightly points out that there will be no Notice of Assignment provided under your Pre-Action Protocol request because the debt is still with the original creditor (because it hasn't been sold to a debt purchaser). Maybe you should have tweaked your LBA response to reflect that. It doesn't matter though. It's simply one less legal argument that you could make if this lands in court which is what we're trying to prevent.

Their letter says they have enclosed copies of NW's response to your CCA request. Can you email me/Niddy/Elsa whatever it is they enclosed since that's what they intend to rely on in court so it'll be a good opportunity to see what they've got in their arsenal.

They say that a copy statement was enclosed. Let us see that. Sometimes a statement includes a Notice of Sums in Arrears (s.86 CCA). If it doesn't (or the statement doesn't comply with s.86) and they've not sent you one then they may be in some difficulty when it comes to enforcing.

The object of the exercise is to try to convince Shoosmiths that they shouldn't issue proceedings without alerting them to what they've got wrong so they can't remedy the problem.

We're getting there slowly

Plan B x

Comment

Okay, I have just sent you the second page which I thought I had sent originally. What I will do is scan all of the latest pages that they sent to me, minus the two that I have just sent. Thanks

Comment

Billy - send me a copy of shoosmiths letter please.

Thanks.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sent Niddy. Thanks

Comment

Oops - I've got a copy. PlanB sent me it earlier.

Sit tight. Back soon.

** when did you last pay into this?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ages ago, I'd have to check the exact date but I would estimate about 4 years ago

Comment

Il so it's not SB. That's for sure.

Comment

None of mine are. I am at least 2 years away from any of my accounts being SB. Just to remind you, I tried to keep a couple of accounts going but had to succumb to the inevitable eventually. Therefore, a couple of my accounts are between 1 and 2 years behind the main bunch in the progression towards SB, unfortunately! Better late than never though!

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
                    I have just sent you the second page which I thought I had sent originally.
                    I've now got Page 2. Thank you for that.

My educated guess (because I'm not a lawyer) is that their letter suggests they will not issue legal proceedings until they have all the documentation which they will need as identified by you in your LBA Response letter.

They don't actually say that in so many words which is why I'm being ultra cautious. Shoosmiths are known to fight dirty.

I see no harm in replying with a short response which thanks them for their letter and asks them to contact you again when they have the relevant documentation.

Comment

I know from personal experience that they fight dirty! That Is why I take any 'threats' that I get from them very seriously. I agree that I should send something but it was what that something should be that I don't want to mess up on

Comment

I agree with PlanB. Short n sweet. Just say thanks - I await your response with the requested info and will revert once in receipt. Kinda thing.

Very short, sweet & polite.

Comment

Will do, thanks

Comment

Good plan

Once you've got your letter off, it might be an idea for you to do us a summary of what's gone on with this account so far Billy, as it's a long thread to sort through.
                            Ducks in a row!

Comment

Yes, don't I know it's long! I've often thought that mine must be one of, if not the, worst diaries to follow. It's almost as though it would be easier to follow if I had one diary per debt!

I'll go through the folder and sort my mini-diary for this debt over the next couple of days.

Comment

Thanks Billy

Comment

Working...
                                X