GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
    Well, I sent the LBA(2016) as advised and today I received a letter from Lowell stating that, following their regular review process, the best way to resolve 'this matter' is to write off the outstanding balance and close the account!! I will hear no more from them and the 'you owe' column states £0.00!! They will also remove any defaults that may have been placed with the CRAs will be removed within 4-6 weeks. Result!!
    Thats great news! Make sure you keep that letter safe, take a copy if you can, just in case you may need it in the future. But looks like Lowell have taken the business decision your account is not worth the fight which is exactly what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I sent the LBA(2016) as advised and today I received a letter from Lowell stating that, following their regular review process, the best way to resolve 'this matter' is to write off the outstanding balance and close the account!! I will hear no more from them and the 'you owe' column states £0.00!! They will also remove any defaults that may have been placed with the CRAs will be removed within 4-6 weeks. Result!!
    Thats great news! Make sure you keep that letter safe, take a copy if you can, just in case you may need it in the future. But looks like Lowell have taken the business decision your account is not worth the fight which is exactly what you want.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Terrific news

Comment

Hi all, everything is fine and I'm sure people are on the countdown to Christmas. I have had a couple of successes lately but I have a question regarding just that. On one of the accounts which was defeated in court the DCA is acting as though nothing has happened and sending me letters asking me to pay up. My question is what do I do with them: nothing, enlighten them to the fact that the case is dead and closed, what? It was more a matter of interest really cos it doesn't matter what they send! I think my skin has grown as thick as it can!

Comment

You can either ignore or send a one line letter reminding them of their loss.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

On one of the accounts which was defeated in court the DCA is acting as though nothing has happened and sending me letters asking me to pay up. My question is what do I do with them: nothing, enlighten them to the fact that the case is dead and closed !
            By "defeated in court" do you mean the claim was dismissed by the DJ or did the Claimant discontinue their claim somewhere along the line during the proceedings?

Plan B x

Comment

It was struck out due to the claimant not paying the required fee in time. They could have resubmitted the claim but then would have been responsible for both sides costs had they lost. Andrew spoke to them on the telephone and after pointing out the facts they decided to retreat with their tail between their legs.....

Comment

HC have sent another Notice of Pending Legal Action, just as they did six months ago. I replied to that one with the LBA(2016) so I think a one liner suggesting that they read that would suffice in this case
                I've received a LBA from Howard Cohen regarding my 100% Tesco account, CCA deemed so back in June 2011. After reading of other users scenarios with the same solicitor and LBAs, I decided to send the 2016 LBA response http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/FREE/LBA-2016.doc to Howard Cohen. As the CCA received was deemed laughable at the time Niddy checked it I didn't think it would affect anything by sending a new CCA. This was how I read it as the correct thing to do. I hope that I was correct

Comment

I think I would send the LBA again to be on the safe side rather than just a one liner.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I think I would send the LBA again to be on the safe side rather than just a one liner.

So would I (same postage cost).

Comment

It was struck out due to the claimant not paying the required fee in time. They could have resubmitted the claim but then would have been responsible for both sides costs had they lost. Andrew spoke to them on the telephone and after pointing out the facts they decided to retreat with their tail between their legs.....
                      Can you just clarify who was the Claimant at the time of the strike out?

I'm guessing it may have been MKDP if this (old Tesco?) debt is now being chased by Howard Cohen (on behalf of Hoist?).

Hoist have pursued a number of debts which were defeated in court purely out of ignorance of the situation. While that is no excuse it imay be an explanation.

Do do you have a copy of the court strike out Order?

Di

Comment

Sorry for the delay. It wasn't the Tesco one that I was eluding to who didn't pay the court fee on time resulting in the case being thrown out, never to return. The account was with MKDP/Robinson Way and the solicitors were Howard Cohen. The strike out was at the beginning of 2014 but I have continued to receive similar letters to before the strike out:"agree a payment plan","unfortunately your account is still outstanding","please get in touch" are just a few of the letters received. As I said, I'm perfectly happy to just ignore

Comment

My Tesco account that was deemed 100% by Niddy. I have received a letter from Robinson Way informing me that the account is now with Howard Cohen who have issued a County Court claim against me. I have heard nothing about this from HC nor, more importantly, have I had any N1. Looking at another of my accounts that had the same pairing corresponding with me, my Santander account that we defeated back in October last year, the same debt collectors sent the exact same, word-for-word letter regarding that account. Now I had had all the expected correspondence: LBA, N1, etc. They may well issue but from the conversations that I've had with those that know better than me, they are on a sticky wicket on several points. I don't see any option but to wait it out ....

Comment

My Tesco account that was deemed 100% by Niddy. I have received a letter from Robinson Way informing me that the account is now with Howard Cohen who have issued a County Court claim against me. I have heard nothing about this from HC nor, more importantly, have I had any N1.
                            Is it the Tesco debt in this post 3rd December 2011?

If
                            Niddy said it is unenforceable then you've no need to fret even if a claim does land on your mat.

When did you last pay anything towards the account? It looks like that might have been in June 2011.

Di

Tesco CC
                            Commenced
                            Balance £9,585.63
                            Last Paid Over 6 months ago * *will update

27/05/2011: Sent CCA request to Tesco
                            24/06/2011: Received CCA reply from Tesco
                            21/07/2011: Received “please remedy” letter from Tesco – ignored
                            05/08/2011: Received overdue letter – ignored
                            24/08/2011: Received please contact us letter from Tesco - ignored
                            09/09/2011: Received Default Notice from Tesco – ignored
                            30/09/2011: Received ACCOUNT TERMINATION letter from Tesco – ignored
                            18/10/2011: Received chasing letter from Triton Credit Services – ignored
                            04/11/2011: Received PAYMENT DEMAND letter from Triton - ignored

Sent CCA request reply to Niddy to check

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Not long 'til SB I would guess it's an attempt to panic me. I'm certainly not going to do that, I will only respond if and when the solicitors write

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Not long 'til SB I would guess it's an attempt to panic me. I'm certainly not going to do that, I will only respond if and when the solicitors write
                                What was the last thing you received from anyone for this debt? (Sorry I haven't read back through the 700+ posts on your thread.)

This claim might be allocated to the Fast Track (over £10k) if a claim were to be issued so it may make sense to check you've got your foundations laid before that happens (hopefully not).

Robinson Way have a habit of writing letters threatening legal proceedings on the same day as they have already been issued by Howard Cohen.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X