GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Following the palaver of obtaining my SAR from Cap1 where they said that they wouldn't action my SAR request as it wasn't signed and that they were returning my £10 separately in the form of a cheque. They then proceeded to send me my SAR last week, my £10 cheque arriving today. Why they couldn't just return my PO I don't know! I'm just wondering if I should just go ahead and bank it? I'm a mistrusting sod where any of these lot are concerned

Comment

Still waiting for Cabot to send mine, they keep on saying they are waiting for information. Will go on to SB.

Comment

I was advised to SAR the OC, not the current owner. I, too, hope to get this and all the others to SB

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
          Following the palaver of obtaining my SAR from Cap1 where they said that they wouldn't action my SAR request as it wasn't signed and that they were returning my £10 separately in the form of a cheque. They then proceeded to send me my SAR last week, my £10 cheque arriving today. Why they couldn't just return my PO I don't know! I'm just wondering if I should just go ahead and bank it? I'm a mistrusting sod where any of these lot are concerned
          I think you're okay to bank it.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay thanks, I thought it would be best to check as these lot can be devious so and so's

Comment

Ditto xx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My 100% Barclaycard account as deemed by Niddy, I sent a new CCA request to RobWay to which they replied that they had requested it from their client. A month later they sent me another letter stating that they couldn't provide the agreement that I had requested as it had to be done in writing. Now they've sent me another letter headed "Notice of Pending Legal Action". It states that I have 10 days to submit my repayment proposals or else they will issue proceedings. The thing is, they are in default of my CCA request. I wonder if the LBA template is the best course of action

Comment

Did the letter say when the 10 days were up? RobWay can't issue legal proceedings as they are not a solicitor but I'd also post your post in the Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist thread to see what Niddy/PlanB think.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Sorry, they haven't sent the latest letter, rather Howard Cohen have. They say that they have been requested by their client's agent

Comment

they haven't sent the latest letter, rather Howard Cohen have. They say that they have been requested by their client's agent
                      So have you received a Letter Before Action from Howard Cohen Solicitors?

Plan B x

Comment

The latest letter regarding this account is from Howard Cohen, headed "Notice of Pending Legal Action". It states that I have 10 days to submit my repayment proposals or else they will issue proceedings. Sounds pretty much LBA to me. I have PM'd Niddy and he says LBA template to be sure. I'll follow his advice obviously but I have a CCA request that is outstanding so they cannot enforce anyway. I'll send this and see what comes

Comment

The latest letter regarding this account is from Howard Cohen, headed "Notice of Pending Legal Action". It states that I have 10 days to submit my repayment proposals or else they will issue proceedings. Sounds pretty much LBA to me. I have PM'd Niddy and he says LBA template to be sure. I'll follow his advice obviously
                          ^ ^ ^ ^ That all makes sense to me

Ignoring a LBA from a solicitor may not be wise.

If Niddy has said (via PM) that you should send the AAD LBA response template letter then that maybe is what you should do based on his advice.

Plan B x

Comment

I get a lot of members PMing me. If I don't have time to read a thread I'll quickly reply to a pm. It wasn't 1-on-1 advice, there was no secrets. Billy just sent a pm as he knows I'm busy and miss threads.

So to clarify, yes. From what he said in his pm I replied with around 6 words (as I am very busy).
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My fairly recent Halifax account which I kept paying for a bit after the others were defaulted (?) and rather surprisingly deemed by Niddy when I obtained a CCA! It has been passed around a little bit and the latest crowd writing to me are Lowell. They have sent a few rather toothless letters which I have just ignored. Now they have sent a letter saying that they will take legal action if I do not contact them to discuss repayment. Then in the next breath they offer a 20% discount if I get in touch by next week! My question is, what is the best response to put this lot back in their box?

Comment

My fairly recent Halifax account which I kept paying for a bit after the others were defaulted (?) and rather surprisingly deemed by Niddy when I obtained a CCA! It has been passed around a little bit and the latest crowd writing to me are Lowell. They have sent a few rather toothless letters which I have just ignored. Now they have sent a letter saying that they will take legal action if I do not contact them to discuss repayment. Then in the next breath they offer a 20% discount if I get in touch by next week! My question is, what is the best response to put this lot back in their box?

Hi Billy

Its a long thread so to save a little time - what reason did Niddy give for the account to be UE? Have the sent you nothing, or was what they sent missing presribed terms (or other reason).

Current thought is if the OC has sent you an agreement that is UE, then its best not to respond as you then give them the opportunity to correct the default situation, but it depends on the circumstances hence my question above.
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X