GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Ahh, okay. I might have to send it with a signature then. I might sign a different one, like you, and also on the anti-tamper strip. Belt and braces and all that!

Just an aside on this: also in their latest letter it states that I will have to include the £10 fee with my request as they are returning a cheque to cover my previous payment but that is being sent separately, yet to arrive. Why they have done this is beyond me but I suppose nothing should surprise us with these kind of people

Comment

Ahhh - with SAR they need it signed, that said they should return your payment unless they've already banked it in which case they replace it.

If it was me I'd redo the request & send their own cheque back to them as payment demanding they cease extracting urine explaining that it's an inconvenience for you banking their cheque to then go and redo it again. But that again isn't a proper request sadly (but I'm an argumentative bugger) lol.

Seriously, sign the SAR slightly different & resend payment.

For the record, a SAR does not need to be signed. The bank must verify its the customer in question - that's all. If you refused to sign you could prove identity by putting security in the request, ie full address, bank details of DD etc - then they'd have a few ICO issues as what they asking is unlawful. You don't need to sign jack shit. How do you suppose someone seriously disabled or blind signs?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

niddy, on that last note, how do they request it !!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          niddy, on that last note, how do they request it !!
          Request what? The SAR - I've explained
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Ahhh - with SAR they need it signed, that said they should return your payment unless they've already banked it in which case they replace it.

If it was me I'd redo the request & send their own cheque back to them as payment demanding they cease extracting urine explaining that it's an inconvenience for you banking their cheque to then go and redo it again. But that again isn't a proper request sadly (but I'm an argumentative bugger) lol.

Seriously, sign the SAR slightly different & resend payment.

For the record, a SAR does not need to be signed. The bank must verify its the customer in question - that's all. If you refused to sign you could prove identity by putting security in the request, ie full address, bank details of DD etc - then they'd have a few ICO issues as what they asking is unlawful. You don't need to sign jack shit. How do you suppose someone seriously disabled or blind signs?
            I'm happy to go along with whatever you suggest as you have kept me in the game these last few years but if I can just ask for clarification on your response: you state in the first line that they need a SAR request signed and then in the last paragraph you state that 'a SAR does not need to be signed'. Also, in the template letters there are templates for 'SAR signature request' for when they demand a signature. As you know I've dug my heels in before with signature demands, it's just the way I am! Also, the arguing uses up time

Comment

After all the hassle of demanding signature, etc, concerning my Cap1 SAR request I was leaving it a couple of weeks before sending my next response. Lo and behold, they have sent it anyway! l
              I'm not sure what to do next(?) I have had a quick look through and one interesting thing to note is that after I stopped paying they show a £1 credit to the account a few months later! I'll have to check later but it looks as though they have applied a £1 fee for a CCA request

Comment

Ooooooo norty norty !!!!!
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
                  I'm happy to go along with whatever you suggest as you have kept me in the game these last few years but if I can just ask for clarification on your response: you state in the first line that they need a SAR request signed and then in the last paragraph you state that 'a SAR does not need to be signed'. Also, in the template letters there are templates for 'SAR signature request' for when they demand a signature. As you know I've dug my heels in before with signature demands, it's just the way I am! Also, the arguing uses up time
                  you misread.

The template is deliberately not giving anything away.

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
                    After all the hassle of demanding signature, etc, concerning my Cap1 SAR request I was leaving it a couple of weeks before sending my next response. Lo and behold, they have sent it anyway! l
                    I'm not sure what to do next(?) I have had a quick look through and one interesting thing to note is that after I stopped paying they show a £1 credit to the account a few months later! I'll have to check later but it looks as though they have applied a £1 fee for a CCA request
                    Good! Glad they replied - so what's the issue..... Why did you do a SAR?

Comment

I was following your advice - it has been sold to Cabot and I haven't SAR'd them previously but have CCA'd them back in 2011 which you deemed , at least until they supplied the original and current terms.

Comment

So is there anything that I need to do now I've received the SAR? Does anybody need to see it? There's quite a few pages to scan but I'll do whatever is recommend, obviously ;-)

Comment

No mate. Check it yourself. But we don't need to see anything - I honestly can't recall why you asked for one unless you've got a claim or doing a reclaim...?

Ref my last post regards signing - I mean the banks want it signed. The ICO say no, they must verify the individual but they don't insist on signing.

Comment

Originally Posted by billytommo
                            I have a Cap1 card which Niddy deemed to be a good while ago. It has fairly recently been acquired by Cabot, the UK version, and they have been suggesting that they will refer the account to Shoosmiths. I intend to SWID cabot as well as SAR Cap1, unless anyone has any alternatives ??

Why not just SAR the OC - that's sensible IMO.

I wouldn't send any SWID - why do that & run the risk of them remedying the EXISTING breach (which stops them enforcing)?

See this post --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541854

You suggested it mate

Comment

Oh in inticipation of a claim? Just sit on it. No need to do anything

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Oh in inticipation of a claim? Just sit on it. No need to do anything
                                Future proofing? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X