GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

Erm, thank you!!

Comment

This is the letter that I intend sending tomorrow, unless anyone can see anything wrong with it:

XX XXXXXXXX Road, XXXXXXXXXX
      XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXX.

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      I write to thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/2015. I await your response with the information that I requested. I will revert once in receipt of your response.
      Yours faithfully

Billy

And my mini-diary for the account concerned is as follows:

Natwest Visa
      Commenced approx 1996
      Balance approx £5,000
      Last paid Oct 2011

06/12/2011: CCA request sent off
      13/01/2012: Signature required letter received from NW
      23/01/2012: No it isn't letter returned to NW
      02/02/2012: Signature required letter received from NW
      08/02/2012: ‘We are disappointed that you haven't paid’ letter received from NW
      03/02/2012: CCA Request – Final Demand sent to NW
      27/02/2012: Signature required letter received from NW
      19/03/2012: Default Notice received from NW
      06/04/2012: Account Termination letter received from NW
      28/04/2012: Triton introduction letter received
      17/05/2012: Payment Demand received from Triton
      29/05/2012: Notice of Legal Proceedings received from Triton
      02/06/2012: A Niddy bespoke reply sent to Triton
      09/06/2012: Green&Co pre action letter received
      13/06/2012: Triton reply to bespoke letter received. “We will check with NW and get back to you”
      30/06/2012: Another signature required letter received from NW
      19/07/2012: Letter sent to NW including response to question about signature from OFT
      01/08/2012: Reply from NW to my last letter saying that it wasn't signed!!
      25/08/2012: Letter received from NW informing me that Shoosmiths are to be collection agents.
      03/09/2012: Shoosmiths introduction letter received
      10/09/2012: SWID sent to Shoosmiths
      19/09/2012: Response from NW stating that they would comply with my request but they needed a £1 fee
      24/09/2912: Letter sent along with often returned £1 PO reiterating that sig not required
      06/10/2012: ‘We are awaiting response from our client’ letter received from Shoosmiths
      24/10/2012: ‘Sig Required’ letter received from Shoosmiths
      01/12/2012: £1 PO returned by Shoosmiths
      01/12/2012: Signature Request – Formal Response template sent to Shoosmiths
      06/12/2012: £1 PO returned by Shoosmiths again
      10/12/2012: Please read letters letter sent along with cheque
      19/12/2012: Shoosmiths letter received saying they have advised their client to comply with my request
      23/01/2013: CCA received from Shoosmiths deemed illegible by Niddy.
      28/01/2013: Illegible document received template sent to Shoosmiths
      21/02/2013: Letter received from NW informing me that Direct Legal are to be collection agents.
      09/04/2013: Response from Shoosmiths to my letter of 28/01/2013 sent. I didn't receive this but they sent a chasing letter received on 01/05/2013 to which I replied with a one liner asking to read correspondence.
      22/05/2013: We have answered you in full letter received from Shoosmiths
      28/05/2013: Threat to Commence Litigation template sent to Shoosmiths
      27/06/2013: Letter received from NW informing me that Apex are to be collection agents.
      24/07/2013: Letter received from NW informing me that Wescots are to be collection agents.
      02/08/2014: ‘Better copy’ of my CCA received from Shoosmiths
      11/08/2014: Still illegible letter sent to Shoosmiths
      13/08/2014: Letter received from NW informing me that Robinson Way are to be collection agents.
      13/03/2015: Re-created copy of agreement received from Shoosmiths
      03/04/2015: Please comply with my request letter sent to Shoosmiths
      09/04/2015: Letter received from Shoosmiths taken to be LBA
      10/04/2015: Letter received from NW informing me that Experto Credite are to be collection agents.
      11/04/2015: LBA Response template sent to Shoosmiths
      09/05/2015: Response to my LBA response received from Shoosmiths. They reckon that they have complied with everything within apart from sending me the Default and Termination Notices. They will forward them in due course.
      18/05/2015: I will await the documents letter sent to Shoosmiths

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
        At the risk of becoming complacent, things have become really quiet lately. It is getting longer periods between batting back letters to whoever! Anyway, the latest communications I have had are for my Barclaycard which is with MKDP. They sent me a copy of an application form back in March which I didn't respond to and now they have sent me half a dozen pages of T&Cs. I would like to bat back to them with something if only for the sake of the paper trail

The other one is the American Express account deemed by Niddy a while back. This is one of the smaller balances and they have made a couple of settlement offers. I really wish I had the money as I wouldn't have minded getting it out of the way. Anyway, a new lot have entered the fray: Charter Mercantile (UK) Ltd. I think I'll send them the SWID template
        Nearly a year has passed and they have just written to me again stating that I haven't replied to them! I can't ignore them again, I think I'll pop the latest SWID template to them. That has worked a treat on a couple of accounts that they already have of mine. Let's hope it does the trick here

Comment

Maybe worth a try xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nearly a year has passed and they have just written to me again stating that I haven't replied to them! I can't ignore them again, I think I'll pop the latest SWID template to them. That has worked a treat on a couple of accounts that they already have of mine. Let's hope it does the trick here
            Which account are you talking about billytommo?
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry for not replying sooner. Been working away and haven't had access to my files. It is my 100% Barclaycard for which I sent the SWID template. I have now had a FINAL NOTICE which doesn't refer to the SWID that I sent. This is all with MKRR btw. Thanks

Comment

is it a court threat Billy? if so I'd get our LBA off to them, is it from the creditor or the solicitor and what exactly does it say?

Comment

If I had to guess I would say not. I have been receiving a letter a month from MKDP for over two years now saying that they were still liaising with Barclaycard. I had the exact same letter from the same crowd back in 2011 to which I replied with the missing PT template. That kept them busy for over 4 years!

Comment

in that case I would do a one liner referring them to your last missing pts, keep it stark, admit nothing and get your dates right

ie Please note that the letter of blah signed for by your office on blah has not been addressed, put their ref thingy at the top and see where we go with that.

Comment

Will do later, thanks!

Comment

Well,well, I think I'll hold on that letter because I have today received a response from MKRR to my SWID which must have crossed with the FINAL NOTICE that I recently received. Last time this happened it took them 4 years to change their response from "We are still liaising with our client...." Hopefully it takes them as long again

Comment

I have now had a FINAL NOTICE which doesn't refer to the SWID that I sent. This is all with MKRR
                          As long as the account is with Rapid Recoveries (MKRR) it's unlikely you'll get issued with a court summons.

The Compello Group escalation procedure is to 'refer up' to Raven Recoveries (in-house DCA) and then Keynes Collections (in-house legal) when they want to do that and you should be sent an LBA at that point.

It appears from what you've said that this debt remains with MKRR

Having said that check the dates on those two MKRR letters to see if the FINAL NOTICE one was sent after their reply to your SWID letter or vice versa.

Plan B x

Comment

^^^ yep I agree.

If this is the Barclays account you'll be fine. They aren't magicians
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It is Barclays and you dismissed their response to my CCA request back in 2011 as laughable. All they've sent is some random terms. I'll wait for their next response I think

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                                As long as the account is with Rapid Recoveries (MKRR) it's unlikely you'll get issued with a court summons.

The Compello Group escalation procedure is to 'refer up' to Raven Recoveries (in-house DCA) and then Keynes Collections (in-house legal) when they want to do that and you should be sent an LBA at that point.

It appears from what you've said that this debt remains with MKRR

Having said that check the dates on those two MKRR letters to see if the FINAL NOTICE one was sent after their reply to your SWID letter or vice versa.

Plan B x
                                +1 on above. Also something else to watch for in the detail, is that when MKRR threaten to escalate the account to Keynes check the dates (i.e. they will state something like '7 days from the date of this letter'), and then check the dates on the letters that Keynes send you.

Frequently the date on the letter from Keynes will be 1 day less than states by MKRR. This can help you as they will then have not provided you with the sufficient time with which to provide a response and you can use this.
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X