GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BillyTommo's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BillyTommo's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BillyTommo's UE Diary

I hadn't, but I have now! Thanks for that, my letter states that Cabot Financial UK Limited is the current creditor. I think I'll forget sending that letter and

Comment

Right, been advised on this thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ighlight=Cabot to send a new CCA request. It's been a while so it should be interesting to see what they come up with

Comment

I SAR'd Cap1 as per Niddy http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post543378 and they have just replied stating that the postal order has been returned as unpaid due to it being blank, ie. no payee. I find it hard to believe that it has been through a bank clearing system because there are absolutely no marks on it whatsoever. I would have thought that there would be some evidence of it being processed. I might be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
          I SAR'd Cap1 as per Niddy http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post543378 and they have just replied stating that the postal order has been returned as unpaid due to it being blank, ie. no payee. I find it hard to believe that it has been through a bank clearing system because there are absolutely no marks on it whatsoever. I would have thought that there would be some evidence of it being processed. I might be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time Any suggestions?
          Have you got the postal order back? if so just write their name on it and post it back to them
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, they returned it. There are asterixes where the payee goes so I wasn't sure whether that area was now void and I would have to replace it. I presume that they could have written their name on? All part of their games I suppose

Comment

Yes, they returned it. There are asterixes where the payee goes so I wasn't sure whether that area was now void and I would have to replace it. I presume that they could have written their name on? All part of their games I suppose
              Ahhh best get it redone at post office with Capital One as payee.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So can I cash in the one they returned? I have already written their name after the asterixes though ready to go....

Comment

No mate. The asterisks mean it's **blank**

Take the PO back, with receipt, and change it.

Comment

Thought as much, cheers

Comment

Just want to clarify a point, if possible: I returned to the same PO today as I sent the original SAR to Cap1 along with my 'returned' postal order. I asked the lady who served me both times whether there was any problem with what I sent that would have caused it to be returned. The lady couldn't see a problem and confirmed that I could simply write the payee by hand. If I had to guess I might say that Capital One are just playing silly buggers to try and buy a bit more time as they clearly state that the 40 day window for them to comply with my request doesn't start until they receive my request with the correct payment. Hmmmm......

Comment

If I had to guess I might say that Capital One are just playing silly buggers to try and buy a bit more time as they clearly state that the 40 day window for them to comply with my request doesn't start until they receive my request with the correct payment. Hmmmm......
                        As if they'd do that
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Right, been advised on this thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ighlight=Cabot to send a new CCA request. It's been a while so it should be interesting to see what they come up with
                          I sent the CCA request off to RobWay along with a £1 postal order. They responded to inform me that they have requested the documentation from their client. I have now received another letter stating that they are unable to obtain the requested information as it must be made in writing to them!! They also say that if I get the request in super quick then they'll waive the usual £1 fee. This really does beggar belief because they have been sent both of these. Now I don't know whether to point this out to them or simply take the stance that they are in default of my request until they respond accordingly. I would be interested to see what others think.....

Comment

I had this off CSL, I wrote back and suggested they; 1, have a quick whip round to find the money. 2,get the auditors in as I had sent the money along with the original request, so there must be a problem with their banking system
                            indeed they had cashed it the same day as they typed up the letter asking me for it, I never heard any more as it was passed to another DCA, so the request is still outstanding.

maybe just a one liner, read my letter of the xxx and your reply of the xxx I still await the documents you have requested from xxxxxxxx
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just want to clarify a point, if possible: I returned to the same PO today as I sent the original SAR to Cap1 along with my 'returned' postal order. I asked the lady who served me both times whether there was any problem with what I sent that would have caused it to be returned. The lady couldn't see a problem and confirmed that I could simply write the payee by hand. If I had to guess I might say that Capital One are just playing silly buggers to try and buy a bit more time as they clearly state that the 40 day window for them to comply with my request doesn't start until they receive my request with the correct payment. Hmmmm......
                              My Cap1 account that I have been trying to SAR but I seem to be hitting problems at the minute. They have now written to me stating that my request isn't signed and that the 40 days doesn't start until they 'receive correct authorisation'. I'm wondering if the normal template for refusal of request due to no signature is suitable in the case of a SAR or does it need tweaking? I didn't want to modify the letter myself and trip up! TIA

Comment

was under the impression that you need to sign a SAR request, but not a CCA request, i have always signed mine but, not my normal signature, that said, they may come back and say the signature doesn't mach the one on record,what record I have yet to find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X