GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DNW's UE Diary

Hi DNW,

Barclays and others have been known to "lift" signatures and cut and paste them into reconstituted agreements etc. Therefore it is a wise move to STOP signing any letters you send out, just print your name and to use postal orders for the statutory fees. If you use the cheques you will have to sign them.

This is a dirty business and every trick and ploy will be used against you if they think they can get away with it. I am a fully paid up member of the Barclays Fan Club (NOT) so have your wits about you.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Thanks, I've not actually signed anything, I meant that everything I've sent so far has simply had my name digitally printed at the bottom but that obviously I can't do this with cheques. I guess I know the answer to my own question about Mercers and Egg.. I was just being tight and saving myself £2.50 in postal order charges

I just wasn't sure about the Barclays setting-off aspect of sending cheques to those that OH & myself can sign for each other?

Comment

Always treat Barclays with caution. They will "set-off" anything they think they can get away with. Barclaycard (all accounts fully paid up with dispute looming) stripped our BUSINESS (limited company) account up to and over the agreed limit and tried to charge us for the privilege.

You can endorse the POs to be used for CCA1974 s78 request only.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Thanks, I'll stop with the idea of cheques now then and stock up on POs instead!

Comment

Or get a mate to sign using your name so it's proof; if it ever appeared on an agreement!!

They don't check low value cheques; I sign mine mickey mouse; John travolta; will smith etc

All got cashed
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
              We moved day to day banking to a co-op basic account, but I also opened Lloyds account for other bits n bobs - I thought I was safe with Lloyds as Mint is part is RBS - are Lloyds linked with them as well?

Also, should I stop the token £1 monthly payments now that I'm requesting CCAs?

Good thinking - wish I had done that !!
              No F***er wil give me a bank account now
              Good luck - BELIEVE what you read on here - IT WORKS and has saved my hide so far.

PS: Re your level of debt - I owe nearly twice as much as you and have not paid a penny since I started this (out of desperation)just over a year ago.

IT WILL GET BETTER.

Matty
              Last edited by MattyA; 16 August 2011, 19:44.

Comment

Have you got PPI on of these accounts???

Comment

Cheers Matty, it's really reassuring reading and hearing about successes

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                  Good thinking - wish I had done that !!
                  No F***er wil give me a bank account now
                  Not even a basic one? I was told the 3 main ones were co-op basic, Barclays & Nationwide and that they should be ok with those of us with bad credit ratings as the accounts are basic no overdraft facility accounts?

No, no PPI that I'm aware of. I always refused it if offered.. is it possible I had it without knowing though?

Comment

Nope - not even a basic one - lol
                    Went for an interview at Yorkshire bank and even got knocked back by them.
                    I have links with pretty much every other bank - tried Santander & they credit checked me even for a basic account.....and then knocked me back.

Re the PPI - It really is worth checking out - it might negate some of your debt.

Matty

Comment

Guys - see here:---> Savings Account with ChequeBook Debit Card - allaboutFORUMS
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Right time to get down to details... I think they're all pretty much accurate. Some have served default notices but they're not showing on my credit record yet.

Summary:

************************************************** ********

(These enforceables are receiving token payment)

Barclays --------- Loan - July 09 - £14300 - Default
                        Mint ------------- CC - Dec 03 --- £2700 - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                        Santander ------ -CC - Jan 07 --- £1500 - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)

(These enforceables are being blagged and receiving NO token payment)

Egg ------------- CC - July 02 - £6700 - In Arrears
                        Egg ------------- CC - Jan 07 - £5700 - In Arrears
                        MBNA ----------- CC - Dec 06 - £8700 - In Arrears

Hitachi Capital -- Loan - May 10 - £825 - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)

Natwest --------- OD - N/A - £2200 - In Arrears

(All unenforcable are receiving NO payment)

BC3 Goldfish ---- CC - May 98 - £14750 - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                        Marbles --------- CC - Aug 03 - £9600 - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)

Settled

Honda Finance -- Loan - July 09 - £3500 - Settled
                        Barclaycard1 -- CC - Sept 04 - £3161 - Account closed
                        HSBC ---------- CC --- Sept 94 - £7500 - Settled
                        Barclaycard2 -- CC - Feb 06 -- £2000 - Settled

Last edited by DNW; 23 July 2015, 21:28. Reason: update

Comment

** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

Barclaycard1

Code:
                          Name                     - Barclaycard Plat Visa
                          Type of account          - Credit Card
                          Date commenced           - Sept 2004
                          Approx balance           - £3,200
                          Date last paid           - Mar-11 (full) Aug-11 (token)   
                          Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                          Status                   - In Arrears  (DN rec'd 03/09)
                          Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)
                          Key:
                          Them
                          Me
                          Other

Activity
                          1. 18/04/11 Acknowledge receipt of I&E, refuse to reduce or stop charges
                          2. 27/04/11 Request for payment
                          3. 13/05/11 Reduced credit limit
                          4. 01/06/11 Reminder of overdue payment and informed it will be passed to Mercers to send default notice.
                          5. 30/06/11 Mercers - accept £1 payments, to be reviewed in 2 months. No interest or charges to be applied while making token payments.
                          6. 24/07/11 I wrote and requested refund interest & charges (sent to Barclays & Mercers)
                          7. 17/08/11 CCA request sent
                          8. 03/09/11 DN Received from Mercers
                          9. 05/09/11 Acknowledged CCA request - they're looking for it and will get back to me
                          10. 13/09/11 Letter rec'd from Mercers - 48 hours notice (letter dated 06/09/11), I have ignored their demands for payment so they are now passing my account to a local firm who may send a rep to visit me (ignored)
                          11. 29/09/11 Covering letter for Recon CCA enclosed - but no encs in envelope
                          12. 29/09/11 Letter received - Calders - 7 day notice (ignored)
                          13. 17/10/11 Current T&C received
                          14. 19/10/11 Letter sent to Calders - Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                          15. 04/11/11 Letter received - Formal Demand for Payment (full balance) - until paid, no statements will be sent. If not paid by 08/11/11, debt collectors may call or you may be taken to court. We will set off any funds available to us.
                          16. 09/11/11 - Sent Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received)[/COLOR]
                          17. 15/11/11 - Received from Barclays - They feel they have fulfilled their obligations and complied with my s.78 request..... Re section 61, they point to paragraph 230 Carey vs HSBC, and say "It's insufficient.. to point to the absence of a signed, or a proper s78 copy as a foundation for a plea of an improperly executed agreement... They believe my credit agreement to be fully compliant and will oppose allegations that it isn't..... With regards to the OFT, they do not hold my account to be in dispute..... Attached was a copy of my CCA
                          18. 28/11/11 Niddy says
                          19. 06/12/11 - Received a letter from Barclaycard notifying me this has now been assigned to MKDP LLP (ignored - waiting to hear from MKDP)
                          20. 09/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - "Further to our recent communication (no comms received prior to this from MK RR) we have not received your offer of payment... We want to help and are able to offer installments to clear the balance... We will continue to contact you to resolve this."
                          21. 12/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                          22. 19/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - Thanks for writing, at this time we are unable to resolve your query and we'll liaise with OC and re contact you in due course.(filed)
                          23. 22/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - As you've not taken up our offer of help, as a legal requirement we must inform you we're instructing our pre-litigation team to review your account.... They may commence litigation... It's not too late to resolve this.
                          24. 30/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                          25. 14/04/12 - Received from MKRR - We've requested a copy of the documents from BC and this will be forwarded to you in due course. (filed)
                          26. 04/05/12 - Received from MKRR - Further to your letter, please find copy statement as requested. Please contact us to discuss repayment. Enclosed were copies of all statements on this account dating back to its inception in 2006. (filed)
                          27. 09/11/12 - Received from MKDP - They are liasing with BC to try and resolve my query and reasure me that they take great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner...(filed)
                          28. 28/01/13 - Received from MKDP - Recon CCA and another document which I don't believe was meant for me.
                          29. 01/02/13 - Sent to MKDP - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                          30. 15/02/13 - Received from MKDP - Final response we have fulfilled all obligations and will continue collection activities. They've also enclosed a newly found CCA. (CCA uploaded to secure section - awaiting Niddy's comments).
                          31. 23/02/13 - Niddy says still UE.
                          32. 26/02/13 - Sent to MKDP - 'Niddy Special' as in post #474 and await outcome of brazenness! allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary
                          33. 07/03/13 - Received from MKDP - As a gesture of goodwill, we are closing this account once aforementioned documents have been returned. Filed very safely!.
                          34. 11/03/13 - Sent to MKDP - 'Niddy Special' allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary and await confirmation of account closure before returning documents.
                          35. 02/04/13 - Received from MKDP - confirm account to be written off once document is received.
                          36. 05/04/13 - Sent to MKDP - document requested and requested written confirmation account is now closed.
                          37. 23/04/13 - Received from MKDP - confirmation account has been written off and closed, and that no party shall persue me for it in the future.
                          Last edited by DNW; 11 October 2018, 19:32.

Comment

*** SETTLED ***

Barclaycard2

Code:
                            Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
                            Date commenced           - Feb 2006
                            Approx balance           - £2000
                            Date last paid           - Mar-11    
                            Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd) 

Key:
                            Them
                            Me
                            Other

Activity
                            1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
                            2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
                            3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
                            4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
                            5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
                            6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
                            7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                            8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
                            9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
                            10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                            11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                            12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
                            13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
                            14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
                            15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
                            16. 19/10/11'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
                            17. 28/10/11 Niddy says
                            18. 07/12/11 Letter from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment
                            19. 19/12/11 - Received letter from Barclaycard - your account has now been passed to RMA to manage (ignored)
                            20. 23/12/11 - Received from RMA - We are now dealing with your account (ignored)
                            21. 04/01/12 - Received postcard from RMA saying they would contact on 'Wednesday between 0800 and 2000' (ignored)
                            22. 11/01/12 - Received letter from RMA offering settlement opportunity(ignored)
                            23. 20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)
                            24. 21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them
                            25. 23/01/12 - Sent in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                            26. 31/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - Notice of potential doorstep recovery.. we intend to forward your account to Scotcall Ltd (ignored as it was dated 24/01/12 and crossed with my letter of 31/01/12)
                            27. 31/03/12 - Received letter from Barclaycard - We've now passed your account to Apex to manage. (Filed awaiting further contact)
                            28. 04/04/12 - Received from Apex - ....unable to contact you and this is potentially your last opportunity to arrange payment before further action considered.
                            29. 04/04/12 - Sent to Apex - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
                            30. 22/09/12 - Received from Barclaycard - Notice of Assignment to MKDP LLP (Filed awaiting contact from MKDP)
                            31. 16/10/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - We've bought your debt, please send us a payment.
                            32. 19/10/12 - Sent to MKRR - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                            33. 24/10/12 - Received from MKRR - Final Notice... we are instructing pre-litigation dept and they may commence proceedings against you.(Filed as I think it had crossed with my letter of 19/10/12)
                            34. 14/12/12 - Received from MKRR - They're liasing with my original creditor to fulfil my request for documents (Filed - awaiting further contact)
                            35. 01/03/13 - Received from MKDP - They're still unable to fulfil my CCA request and will re-contact as soon as they receive requested documents from OC. (Filed)
                            36. 05/04/13 - Received from MKDP - They're still in contact with Barclaycard for the CCA and will be in touch shortly. (Filed)
                            37. 05/04/13 - Received from MKDP - some statements of account. they're still looking for CCA and will be in touch. (Filed)
                            38. 24/04/13 - Received from MKDP - Recon CCA received. Emailed to Niddy and await his response.
                            39. 24/04/13 - Sent to MKDP - CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                            40. 16/05/13 - Received from Keynes Collections -Notice of Intended Legal Action - if no payment is made within 14 days, further action may be taken without further notice.
                            41. 18/05/13 - Sent to Keynes - Account Sold whilst in Dispute - allaboutDEBT UK
                            42. 24/05/13 - Received from MKDP - Final response, we have supplied a true copy CCA as per Carey v HSBC, there is no obligation to provide a signed copy, it's enough to know a copy was signed at time of inception. Feel free to complain to FOS if you don't like this.
                            43. 29/05/13 - Sent to MKDP & cc's to Keynes a one liner informing them I would be taking up with FOS (as per post allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary
                            44. 12/06/13 - Received from MKDP - Confirm final response has been issued and they're no longer able to enter into any correspondence. I have the right to refer to FOS if I wish.
                            45. 14/05/14 - Received from MKRR - Please contact us to discuss payment options, we're here to help you.
                            46. 21/05/14 - Sent to MKRR - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...in-cca-dispute (SWID)
                            47. 31/05/14 - Received from MKRR - We haven't received your offer of payment, please contact us. (filed)
                            48. 04/06/14 - Received from MKDP - Thanks for contacting us, we will review your query. (filed)
                            49. 05/06/14 - Received from MKDP - We have fulfilled our obligations under S78, so now send us some money. (filed)
                            50. 25/06/14 - Received from MKRR - Final notice - we are instructing our pre-legal department and may commence litigation.
                            51. 03/07/14 - Sent to MKRR - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...cept-ue-status
                            52. 10/07/14 - Received from MKRR - We are referring your account to Keynes Collections (filed)
                            53. 16/07/14 - Received from Keynes Collections - Notice of Intended Legal Action. Pay us within 14 days or we may take further action without warning.
                            54. 19/07/14 - Sent to Keynes - Letter Before Action http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...before-action-response
                            55. 19/08/14 - Received - Court Claim Form
                            56. ​July 15 - Court case lost, matter settled directly with Keynes within 28 days of judgement so no CCJ recorded.
                            Last edited by DNW; 23 July 2015, 21:22. Reason: update

Comment

Barclaycard 3

Code:
                              Name                     - Barclaycard Goldfish
                              Date commenced           - May 98 
                              Approx balance           - £15,000
                              Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)

Key:
                              Them
                              Me
                              Other

Activity
                              1. 15/04/11 Acknowledgement letter, refuse £1 payment no reduction in interest or charges
                              2. 04/05/11 Request for payment
                              3. 13/05/11 Reduced credit limit
                              4. 08/06/11 Payment reminder & notice of passing to Mercers
                              5. 27/06/11 Mercers - Default notice
                              6. 06/07/11 Mercers - Unable to contact and will send doorstep collector
                              7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                              8. 28/07/11 Mercers - local collecter will call
                              9. 17/08/11 CCA request sent
                              10. 26/08/11 Letters from Mercers and BCard accepting £1 month and freezing interest (bit late now as token payments have stopped awaiting CCA)
                              11. 30/08/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                              12. 15/10/11 Letter from Calder Financial (dated 03/10/11, rec'd 15/10/11) - 7 day notice before further action including sending local rep.
                              13. 17/10/11 'Dont' Visit' me template sent to Calders Templates - Harassment
                              14. 25/10/11 Letter from Barclaycard stating that they are "unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement and they therefore accept that they are prevented from enforcing".

15. 27/10/11 - Received from Barclaycard - copy of standard T&C
                              16. 02/11/11 - Received from Barclaycard - statement
                              17. 01/02/14 - Received from Barclaycard - formal demand for payment (filed due to previous letter stating no CCA available).
                              Last edited by DNW; 24 February 2016, 11:28. Reason: update

Comment

*** STRUCK OUT ***

Barclay Loan

Code:
                                Name                     - Barclays
                                Type of account          - Loan
                                Date commenced           - July 2009
                                Approx balance           - £15,000
                                Arrangement/not paying   - Token Payment
                                Status                   - Default 
                                Account owner            - DCA (CDCS)
                                Key:
                                Them
                                Me
                                Other

Activity
                                1. 05/04/2011 DD Cancelled letter received
                                2. 11/05/2011 Missed payment letter received
                                3. 04/06/2011 Two missed payments letter received
                                4. 15/06/2011 Default notice received from Barlcays
                                5. 15/06/2011 Refused to accept £1/month offer, debt to be passed to Recovery Dept.
                                6. 05/07/2011 Arrears notice
                                7. 23/07/2011 CDCS letter - account has now transferred to them and all comms to be directed to CDCS
                                8. 01/08/2011 My letter - no change in circumstances, don't phone, don't visit sent to CDCS
                                9. 17/08/2011 CCA Request sent
                                10. UPDATE 03/09/11 CCA received and sent to Niddy
                                11. 03/09/11
                                12. 10/12/11 - Arrears Notice received
                                13. 11/10/12 - Arrears Notice received
                                14. 08/03/13 - Arrears Notice received
                                15. 01/07/13 - Statement received
                                16. 12/08/13 - Arrears Notice received
                                17. 09/01/14 - Arrears Notice received
                                18. 07/06/14 - Arrears Notice received
                                19. 01/07/14 - Annual statement received
                                20. 08/08/14 - Please contact us to arrange further/higher payment (filed)
                                21. 11/08/14 - We made an error with your interest and are reducing the balance by £0.00
                                22. 2014-2019 - Only statements & arrears notices received
                                23. 20/11/19 - Statement received
                                24. 22/11/19 - We're going to transfer your account to PRA
                                25. 07/12/19 - NOA - Loan account sold to PRA Group (UK) Limited
                                26. 07/12/19 - Welcome to PRA Group, carry on making agreed payments but to us now instead of Barclays
                                27. 05/02/20 - Sent SAR to Barclays
                                28. 05/02/20 - Stopped token payments
                                29. 27/02/20 - Received SAR documents
                                30. 23/09/20 - Received from PRA - 30 days to contact them else they'll consider my account for 'next stage'.
                                31. 24/10/20 - Received from PRA - Letter before claim
                                32. 03/12/20 - Received from PRA - Statement of Account
                                33. 21/05/21 - Received from PRA Group - Notice of arrears
                                34. 04/06/21 - Received from PRA - Letter before claim
                                35. 20/07/21 - Claim received
                                36. 25/07/21 - Joanna Connolly Solicitors instructed
                                37. 01/12/21 - Claim struck out
                                Last edited by DNW; 7 December 2021, 12:25. Reason: Update.

Comment

Working...
                                X