GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Swanfan's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swanfan's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swanfan's UE diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Are you serious? I would say a quick threat of Libel is in order, especially if you apply for some credit so others can see this incorrect data - ahem
    One might make that threat but, without the ability to back it up with a claim - even as a Litigant In Person - it remains an empty threat. I know just how expensive it can be to bring a libel case to trial. The cases brought by my celebrated (and learned) friend Dr Godfrey against Demon Internet Ltd cost him a sum in the region of £500,000 and, whilst he recovered most of that from Demon after they capitulated, he still ended up being out of pocket by a few thousands.

I have no intention whatsoever of seeking any form of borrowing in the foreseeable future, so the financial impact of those inaccurate data on me is likely to be minimal; however, they do shew that RBS seems incapable of even running a whelk stall satisfactorily.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
      Letter from Fairfax Sols:-

"We are sols instructed by Experto to obtain immediate payment or take appropiate recovery action. If payment is not received by 29th Oct we have authority to commence legal proceedings through the court. Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this "

Gonna send this--> Unenforceability Templates - Section 5
      Letter today, 'Fairfax have put the account on hold while they seek instruction from their clients.'
      Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 15 January 2012, 17:37.

Comment

Letter today, 'Fairfax have put the account on hold while they seek instruction from their clients.'
        Nice one
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          One might make that threat but, without the ability to back it up with a claim - even as a Litigant In Person - it remains an empty threat. I know just how expensive it can be to bring a libel case to trial. The cases brought by my celebrated (and learned) friend Dr Godfrey against Demon Internet Ltd cost him a sum in the region of £500,000 and, whilst he recovered most of that from Demon after they capitulated, he still ended up being out of pocket by a few thousands.

I have no intention whatsoever of seeking any form of borrowing in the foreseeable future, so the financial impact of those inaccurate data on me is likely to be minimal; however, they do shew that RBS seems incapable of even running a whelk stall satisfactorily.
          Cheers CC - was just an off the cuff remark, you know we don't pursue slander/libel etc on here

For reference, this is the specific case (Wiki version) suitable for the layman (of the Godfrey trial):---> Godfrey v Demon Internet Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC Link ---> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/695596.stm
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Letter from Wescot re LTSB account.

Gonna send the piss off back to the cesspit letter as LTSB admitted they don't have the CCA--> Unenforceability Templates - Section 2
            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 15 January 2012, 17:40.

Comment

MINT

Last payment- Jul 2010
              Status- 6 months in arrears
              Balance- 4.6K

CCA request to Mint- 23/08/10
              CCA app form to Mint- 24/09/10
              Threat of doorstep visit to Resolvecall- 19/11/10
              Threat TCL to Triton- 26/01/11
              Threat of doorstep visit to Tiriton- 18/03/11
              Threat LBA to Triton- 26/03/11
              Threat TCL to Green- 10/05/11
              Threat TCL to RMA- 12/07/11
              Final response UE (general) to RMA- 21/07/11

Letter from Moorcroft re Mint account:-

'Notice of intended litigation, to prevent this contact us immediately or a claim may be issued by our solicitors instructed to act on behalf of our client '

Sending this plus christmas card as well --> Unenforceability Templates - Section 5
              Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 15 January 2012, 17:41.

Comment

Hi Swanny,

I suppose this has come from the "Pre Litigation Division" at Moorcroft Towers? They have a "Division" for everything. This one actually is the "Pre School Potty Training Group" located in the basement toilets of The Towers. We had a "problem" with them and sent them a threatening letter with a counterclaim and they ran away. next we heard was from another DCA.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Letter from Wescot re LTSB account.

Gonna send this as LTSB admitted they don't have the CCA--> Unenforceability Templates - Section 2
                  Response from Westcot, account on hold while they investigate.

Bye bye westcot.
                  Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 15 January 2012, 17:39.

Comment

You'll probably get a "FINAL WARNING" from them first though and then bye bye!

l

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Letter from Moorcroft
                      Sending this plus christmas card
                      something like this maybe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sorry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1384942

Comment

I like this card....

Click image for larger version

Name:	shit_card.png
Views:	2
Size:	799.7 KB
ID:	1384944

Comment

*Heads off to look up some email addresses*

Comment

MINT

Last payment- Jul 2010
                            Status- 6 months in arrears
                            Balance- 4.6K

CCA request to Mint- 23/08/10
                            CCA app form to Mint- 24/09/10
                            Threat of doorstep visit to Resolvecall- 19/11/10
                            Threat to commence litigation to Triton- 26/01/11
                            Threat of doorstep visit to Triton- 18/03/11
                            Threatogram lba to Triton- 26/03/11
                            Threat to commence litigation to Green- 10/05/11
                            Threat to commence litigation to RMA- 12/07/11
                            Final response UE (general) to RMA- 21/07/11
                            Threatogram lba to Moorcroft- 9/12/11

Another threat of possible litigation from Moorcroft. Gonna send out this just in case--> Unenforceability Templates - Section 5
                            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 15 January 2012, 17:31.

Comment

Letter from Moorcroft re Mint account:-

'Notice of intended litigation, to prevent this contact us immediately or a claim may be issued by our solicitors instructed to act on behalf of our client '

Sending this plus christmas card as well --> Unenforceability Templates - Section 5
                              Response from Moorcroft to the above, 'Cos of the age of the account our client is unable to produce a copy of your document, but please pay anyway etc etc.'
                              Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 15 January 2012, 17:32.

Comment

Awesome, result matey

Comment

Working...
                                X