GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

I see you only had your NoA on Saturday, MJ.

Why not wait a week or two before sending that 'account in dispute' letter? Let your pain subside?

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
      Hi Oldyboy

The fact MBNA are pulling out of the UK market is what started my thought process. My thought was simple but perhaps incorrect - if there is a time period that would allow Wescot to send back their newly acquired pile of shit, perhaps I should let that expire and then hit them with the "account sold whilst in dispute" which would mean they would not be able to give it back.

Probably wrong but hoping one of the crew on here can advise me.

Cheers

MJ
      I Would leave it a week or so...........
      Originally posted by oldyboy View Post

Why not wait a week or two before sending that 'account in dispute' letter? Let your pain subside?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My thought too; I haven't posted the letter yet so I shall file it until next week.

Thanks

MJ
        Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
          I Would leave it a week or so...........

Duly noted and shelved until next week. I suspect there will be a letter from Wescots shortly so it will be interesting to read what they have to say.

MJ
          Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

I know what's been said elswhere but my attitude is not to respond to NoA's. I treat them as for info only. I then wait to get their first begging letter before sending something back. That's another few weeks usually. Let 'em sit and stew!

Comment

Update RBS

31/1/12 Another letter from Shoosmiths of Northampton. "we refer to our previous letters ....unable to contact you"

"Unless an agreement is reached within 14 days of the date of this letter, we are instructed by the bank to issue a claim in the County Court "

They have failed to send me a CCA as per my request sent on 13/12/11 and just keep sending a demand for my signature.

Which letter should I send to them? "Threatogram?"

MJ
              Last edited by mauijim; 31 January 2012, 11:46. Reason: Additional info

sigpic

Comment

Post deleted. It'll teach me to read the thread before butting in!
                Last edited by oldyboy; 31 January 2012, 13:34.

Comment

Have you sent the 'sig not required' letter off the templates? If not then I suggest you send one to RBS and send'account in dispute' letter to shoosmiths.
                  I have sent the "signature not required" to RBS three times in total!

Perhaps I need to remind them again!

sigpic

Comment

Update RBS

31/1/12 Another letter from Shoosmiths of Northampton. "we refer to our previous letters ....unable to contact you"

"Unless an agreement is reached within 14 days of the date of this letter, we are instructed by the bank to issue a claim in the County Court "

They have failed to send me a CCA as per my request sent on 13/12/11 and just keep sending a demand for my signature.

MJ
                    I Would...........
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Post deleted. It'll teach me to read the thread before butting in!
                      You weren't butting in my friend, all views are welcomed, error or not!

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Update RBS

MJ
                        Okay I posted "Account sold whilst in dispute" today 31/1/12 First Class Signed For to Shoosmiths.

sigpic

Comment

It might also have been worthwhile informing Shooshits that, despite repeated requests, the bank has steadfastly refused to provide any documents in response to your lawful request under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Comment

Update Nat West Visa

02/02/12 Letter from Shoosmiths reference my Nat West Visa card. Sadly this has been deemed and so I must pay I am sure they pasted my signature but Niddy says it is a bloody good repro and so it is not worth contesting it.

Should I enter a dialogue about payment after telling them of my medical issues and the lack of a pot to piss in?

MJ
                            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Update NATWEST BUSINESS OVERDRAFT

04/02/12 A letter from AIC with a settlement offer. "As this account remains unpaid we are reviewing your file to consider if further action is warranted"

They then offer a 50% reduced figure on a balance of £2700 payable in 3 monthly instalments. This sounds great but I don't have £450 spare each month! Come to think of it I don't have £450 per month period!!!!

I got a right spanking by Nat Pest on my personal overdraft so I am loathed to take another one. All advice appreciated.

Niddy - I did upload the default notice a while back so perhaps you could cast your expert eye over it?

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Update Arvato

Here is the latest letter from these muppets! I have scoured the web and it seems this is quite normal for them.

I was going to write to them and say something along the lines of "This alleged debt is in serious dispute with 1&1. I do not acknowledge this debt and until 1&1 reply to my previous letters and can prove this debt is outstanding I will not enter into further correspondence with you."

What do you guys think?

Also is their signature on the letter legal?

MJ

PS Sorry for the dodgy scanned copy!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by mauijim; 6 February 2012, 13:29.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X