GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script carol01 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carol01 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: carol01 UE Diary

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Hi Carol
    There's no template as such as at this stage it's down to personal circumstances, but I can help you with the letter if you wish.
    I've had a quick read through your thread re this account, just need some more info.

Are you now on benefits?
    Do you own your own home?
    Do you have any health issues?
    Did you send them a Common Financial Statement when you set up the payment plan? (They have no legal right to one, but if it helps your situation then it's OK to send one).
    In the light of your reduced circumstances it might be an idea to complete one yourself before they send their own intrusive version.
    The Nedcab version is excellent, and has built in trigger figures. It's an industry standard and they should accept it.
    When you complete it don't make yourself short, you have a right to live a normal life.
    You can access it here, complete it online completely confidentially and print out the result: North East Derbyshire Citizens Advice Bureau

Once we have the figures to work with we can write with a token offer.
    In the meantime to preempt any nasty letters when they realise your payment hasn't gone through, just send them something on these lines:

Re Account Number:
    Your Ref:

Dear Sirs,
    I write with reference to the payment arrangement for the above account which I have been paying at £66 per month since xxxx
    I promised to inform you if my circumstances changed, and unfortunately having recently lost my job I am now in financial hardship and therefore unable to maintain the payment at the present level.

I am currently seeking advice and will be completing a C.A.B Common Financial Statement. I therefore ask that you put this account on hold for a minimum of 30 days to allow me time to sort this out.

In the meantime I would be most grateful if you would provide a full statement of account detailing my payments to date and the balance owed.
    yours faithfully,

That's what I'd do, but see what others say too
    hi elsa thanks for the reply
    i will have a look at the budget and debt calculator and go from there
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      hi all update only .....
      recieved a letter back from lowell ref my argos account
      thankyou for taking the time to contact us recently.
      i confirm that your complaint has now been passed to the complaints resolution department who will carry out a thorough investigation. we will investigate this as quickly as we can but we may need to contact you for futher information or to provide you with an update.
      if we can contact you by telephone, we will be able to discuss your concerns directly with you and hopefully agree a resolution with you verbslly.
      i would like to assure you that the account will be placed on hold , and we will stop all collections activity whilst dealing with your complaint.
      we enclose a copy of our internal complaints procedure for your information. please take the time to read this, as it fully explains the steps we will follow in responding to your complaint

so i guess i sit and wait for their response

Comment

Hi Carol,
        I.m no expert, but getting you to agree a verbal agreement over the phone....
        That to me would appear that they know this is not going there way and want to get you to agree to something in a way they can manipulate...
        I wouldn't talk to them over the phone, keep it all in writing...that's your way of safe guarding your best interests.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
          Hi Carol,
          I.m no expert, but getting you to agree a verbal agreement over the phone....
          That to me would appear that they know this is not going there way and want to get you to agree to something in a way they can manipulate...
          I wouldn't talk to them over the phone, keep it all in writing...that's your way of safe guarding your best interests.
          I agree, keep everything in writing...
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I agree, keep everything in writing...
            plan to do so at least its 4 weeks before they get back to try and sort out what???? application form sent ue in niddys eyes so fingers crossed this is now over 3 years since default so fingers crossed they don't come back with to much thanks everyone for your help
            carol01
            Last edited by carol01; 31 January 2013, 21:58.

Comment

hi all
              update only from lowell ref argos card
              following on from our previous letter in acknowledgement of your complaint, we are writing again to advise we are still investigating the details of your concearns
              unfortunatley, we have not yet completed the investigation that will allow us to respond fully.
              please except our apologies for thee delay and thank you for your patience . be assured that we will write to you again as soon as possible but no later than 8 weeks from the date we recieved your complaint.
              in the meantime if you need to make contact with us please telephone a member of my team on the number below

so just to recap cca recieved ue only application form sent threat o gram and now they are investigating complaint so will wait for their out come thanks carol01
              Last edited by carol01; 18 February 2013, 23:45.

Comment

good plan Carol

let's hope they take a few years to get back

Comment

hi all (update Only)
                  recieved a letter from lowel ref my argos account it says...
                  We refer to your recent request for a copy of the original agreement for this account.
                  After liaising with argos in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the lengh of time since the account was opened.
                  we are closing the account
                  at this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment against this account unless the copy is recieved at some point in the future from argos
                  YAY!!! at last!! thankyou to all that have helped me with this account 1 down 3 to go
                  carol01

Comment

More good news today......

Well done
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Result, result!
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good result

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
                          After liaising with argos in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the lengh of time since the account was opened.
                          we are closing the account at this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment against this account
                          Excellent - well done you

That's proof of why we never back down!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well done from me too
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
                              recieved a letter from lowel ref my argos account it says... we are closing the account

at this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you
                              Woo Hoo. This is a double triumph because you've seen off Lowells who are Enemy Number 1 as well as the debt

Comment

Good news

Comment

Working...
                                X