GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script carol01 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carol01 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: carol01 UE Diary

Nice one Carol...well done, pleased for you...
    Steve

Comment

hi all
      i have recieved a response from 1st credit for my cca request from last august ref my halifax account
      it says we enclose a signed copy of your agreement and statements as requested, and that fulfils their obligations under section 77/78 of the consumer act and i am to contact them within 14 days to arrage payment
      quick recap ...
      defaulted in october 2010
      is unenforcable
      recieved no default notice from halifax
      1st credit bought the account on 31/07/2012

thanks guys inadvance carol01
      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

pop the stuff they sent off to Niddy

nice to get another offical pronouncement

Comment

update only....
          recieved a notice of assigment letter from CAI finance ref my halifax card
          account has now been assigned to 1st credit (finance ) limited as of 01/06/2013
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
            update only....
            recieved a notice of assigment letter from CAI finance ref my halifax card
            account has now been assigned to 1st credit (finance ) limited as of 01/06/2013
            thanks
            I would just let Niddy know. He knows 1st credit

Comment

hi all

i have recieved 2 letters from 1st credit ref my halifax account
              first letter dated 25/06/2013
              thankyou for recent communication the contents of your letter have been noted.....

the 2nd letter dated 27/06/2013

says bankruptcy proceedings being considered
              we are unaware of any legally valid reason for non-payment of the above debt or any reasonable offer being made. we are therefore considering whether we should issue a statutory demand under the insolvency act 1986.
              we have no record of you having responded to the correspondence that we recently sent you in relation to a potential banckruptcy proceedings.
              1st credit belives in helping its customers to avaoid such action and with this in mind would be prepared to offer you a one off discount (5%)
              1st credit will continue its letter strategy if we recieve no contact from you . the offerof settlement will be available for 21 days until the point that a statutory demand has been issued by connught collections. in the event you dont respond to this letter you will be contacted by connaught collections who will be managing the bankrupcy process on your account....

need help here guys in what to respond with thanks inadvance carol01

Comment

hi all

i have recieved 2 letters from 1st credit ref my halifax account
                first letter dated 25/06/2013
                thankyou for recent communication the contents of your letter have been noted.....

the 2nd letter dated 27/06/2013

says bankruptcy proceedings being considered
                we are unaware of any legally valid reason for non-payment of the above debt or any reasonable offer being made. we are therefore considering whether we should issue a statutory demand under the insolvency act 1986.
                we have no record of you having responded to the correspondence that we recently sent you in relation to a potential banckruptcy proceedings.
                1st credit belives in helping its customers to avaoid such action and with this in mind would be prepared to offer you a one off discount (5%)
                1st credit will continue its letter strategy if we recieve no contact from you . the offerof settlement will be available for 21 days until the point that a statutory demand has been issued by connught collections. in the event you dont respond to this letter you will be contacted by connaught collections who will be managing the bankrupcy process on your account....

need help here guys in what to respond with thanks inadvance carol01
                need to be careful with these, they were rapped over the knuckles for threatening bankruptcy and now they are making people bankrupt for debts, so be very careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                  need to be careful with these, they were rapped over the knuckles for threatening bankruptcy and now they are making people bankrupt for debts, so be very careful.
                  hi well i am worried now last time you said to be careful i recieved a N1 from barclay card!! so yes i need to be careful so any advice would be gratefully recieved from all at the moment

Comment

so yes i need to be careful so any advice would be gratefully recieved from all at the moment

Niddy dedicated a whole thread on how to handle BR threats from 1st Credit. Read this as a guide since it suggests you should now send a new CCA Request which is exactly what I would do:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=7248

Comment

hi well i am worried now last time you said to be careful i recieved a N1 from barclay card!!
                      ^^^^ I can no longer access your Barclaycard thread but I hope that's all going ok for you

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                        ^^^^ I can no longer access your Barclaycard thread but I hope that's all going ok for you
                        thanks planb nothing has updated on that front still waiting for a court date (sigh)

Comment

Niddy dedicated a whole thread on how to handle BR threats from 1st Credit. Read this as a guide since it suggests you should now send a new CCA Request which is exactly what I would do:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=7248
                          i have already sent that last august and they responded with statements 6 years worth and a copy of the application form in may

Comment

I think Paul is referring to these OFT sanctions which said that 1st Credit must "refrain from issuing statutory demands warning of bankruptcy where it is unlikely that proceedings will be initiated".

I'm sure the OFT's intention was to stop them issuing so many SDs as a bully tactic to debtors, but this may have backfired spectacularly because 1st Credit have decided that they will in fact go ahead and initiate BR

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2009/20-09

But you should avoid this if you send a s.78 request right away

Comment

How come my post got duplicated
                              Last edited by PlanB; 1 July 2013, 13:45.

Comment

How come my post got duplicated
                                maybe i need to be told twice lol

Comment

Working...
                                X