GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script time to sort this mess out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time to sort this mess out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankyou for your reply, I will sort out sending a sar(gdpr) to the dmp company. As for ppi I know there was not any as the documents sent show this as the case. The original amount was for £5000 but I can’t remember what the loan was originally for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaffacake View Post
      Thankyou for your reply, I will sort out sending a sar(gdpr) to the dmp company. As for ppi I know there was not any as the documents sent show this as the case. The original amount was for £5000 but I can’t remember what the loan was originally for.
      Hopefully the SAR will give you the background to the Loan including whether actually TSB did included PPI. I have an Account where PPI was expressly excluded (but the OC sent a letter advising they were changing their Insurer for PPI) If the loan had been for something specific sic a Car I think you would have remembered! Sometimes Loans are to replace other existing Debt (ie not new money).

There are many reasons for UE not just the CCA. The CCA 77/78 by the way is for information purposes not proof!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
        Hopefully the SAR will give you the background to the Loan including whether actually TSB did included PPI. I have an Account where PPI was expressly excluded (but the OC sent a letter advising they were changing their Insurer for PPI) If the loan had been for something specific sic a Car I think you would have remembered! Sometimes Loans are to replace other existing Debt (ie not new money).

There are many reasons for UE not just the CCA. The CCA 77/78 by the way is for information purposes not proof!

I will send a standard sar request to money plus(dmp) and Lloyds, is there a standard address to send the sar request to for Lloyds?

Comment

• This is from Lloyds website https://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/p...nalinformation

As for your DMP I would send it to the data controller at their head office

Comment

• Sent off sar requests last week didn’t know that the £10 is no longer required so got both postal orders returned which is a bonus. The dmp company are on with gathering the info but Lloyd’s bank have sent me a form to fill in that’s wanting a copy of passport, driving licence or utility bill. What should I do about this?

Comment

Sent off sar requests last week didn’t know that the £10 is no longer required so got both postal orders returned which is a bonus. The dmp company are on with gathering the info but Lloyd’s bank have sent me a form to fill in that’s wanting a copy of passport, driving licence or utility bill. What should I do about this?

Identity? I think GDPR is a slightly different from the old SAR. The current norm for proving identity is one of each of the following.
              1/ A Driving Licence or a Passport etc..
              2/ A Current Utility Bill

Comment

• give them the information they have to be careful
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: time to sort this mess out

- - - Updated - - -

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – Mint CC
                  Date Commenced - ?
                  Approx Balance - £1214.28
                  Date last paid - ?
                  Arrangement or not paying – Last paid 03/16
                  Status – default
                  Account owner – Mint

03/03/16 – CCA Request sent
                  07/03/16 – CCA request sent back toldto send to royal bank of Scotland as they are the owners of account.
                  11/03/16 – CCA Request sent to Royal bank of Scotland
                  15/03/16 – CCA request signed for
                  06/04/16 - Received copy of agreement and terms&conditions (niddy says unenforceable)

07/05/16 - letter recieved from moorcroft asking for a proposal of payment or possible further debt recovery action may happen.
                  11/06/16 - letter received saying there agent has been unable to contact me so they have passed my details onto a new dca called Allied international credit(uk) ltd.
                  09/12/16 - letter from Mint saying there agent has been unable to contact me so have now passed it to Westcot Credit Services trading as Wescot. And that they will contact me within 14days.
                  28/12/16 - welcome letter from wescot asking me to contact them.
                  05/01/17 - letter from wescot saying they know I live at my address and to contact them or they will continue to call/text and send letters on behalf of royal bank of Scotland.
                  12/01/2017 - letter from wescot regarding reduced settlement
                  28/01/2017 - normal chasing letter
                  09/02/2017 - letter from 2f- confirmation of residency
                  26/06/2020 - Debt sold to Cabot finacial (uk) limited
                  So after a few years of no contact regarding this debt i recieved a letter today saying that they have given me notice that the debt has been assigned to cabot finacial uk limited and they are now the legal owners.
                  Will wait to hear from Cabot now.

Comment

• defiantly :- Cabot financial (uk) Ltd?
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      defiantly :- Cabot financial (uk) Ltd?
                      Yep that's what it says on the letter i received today.

Comment

• I see that Niddy said this CCA was UE. If that is the case there is no point in sending another one, in fact it would be positively dangerous. I had some RBS debts that were sold to Cabot Financial UK, they did try to phone a few times but soon stopped and the debts are SB.

My case was slightly different in that RBS had previously supplied enforceable CCA requests so I did send new ones which Cabot were unable to comply with.

For now I would do nothing and wait to see what they do next

Comment

• RBS have just sold mine to Cabot financial Uk ltd, and I’m dancing on the ceiling.

Comment

recieved a letter today saying that they have given me notice that the debt has been assigned to cabot finacial uk limited and they are now the legal owners.

So this Mint credit card is both unenforceable and now owned by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd.

That's two reasons to celebrate

Di

Comment

• Hello everyone here is an update to my diary as not much has been happening over the past year, only company to keep sending letters monthly is Cabot Financial which has picked up intensity the last few months but i think has something to do with that the accounts were disputed about 5 years ago.

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – lloyds TSB CC
                              Date Commenced - 1999
                              Approx Balance - 2928
                              Date last paid - ?
                              Arrangement or not paying – DMP
                              Status – default 2008
                              Account owner – Cabot

03/03/16 – CCA request sent
                              04/03/16 – CCA request signed for
                              26/03/16 - recieved letter saying they have requested documents and it could take upto 40days.
                              26/06/16 - letter saying thankyou for paying in the past but can you contact them so I can clear the balance.
                              06/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                              07/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                              08/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                              30/08/16 - letter asking me to fill in a income and expenditure form.
                              02/02/17 - another chasing letter saying that I've not contacted them still.
                              03/04/17 - letter saying there getting fedilite to make a door step visit to get me back in touch with Cabot.
                              27/04/17 - first letter from fidelite today asking me to contact them within 7days(letter dated 21/04/17) or they will make a personal visit to my house.

the above i have received letters probably once a month but the last couple of months it got to about 2 a month plus offers of 70% discount to settle, they have now passed it onto Resolvecall who are threatening a home visit if i do not reply in 7 days.

Date Commenced - ?
                              Date last paid - ?
                              Status – default
                              Account owner – Mint

07/03/16 – CCA request sent back toldto send to royal bank of Scotland as they are the owners of account.
                              06/04/16 - Received copy of agreement and terms&conditions (niddy says unenforceable)

07/05/16 - letter recieved from moorcroft asking for a proposal of payment or possible further debt recovery action may happen.
                              11/06/16 - letter received saying there agent has been unable to contact me so they have passed my details onto a new dca called Allied international credit(uk) ltd.
                              09/12/16 - letter from Mint saying there agent has been unable to contact me so have now passed it to Westcot Credit Services trading as Wescot. And that they will contact me within 14days.
                              05/01/17 - letter from wescot saying they know I live at my address and to contact them or they will continue to call/text and send letters on behalf of royal bank of Scotland.

Nothing new to report on this one apart from getting a letter once a month since they took over.

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – HFC Bank plc
                              Date Commenced - ?
                              Approx Balance - 759
                              Date last paid - ?
                              Status – ?
                              Account owner – Idem servicing

26/02/16 – full and final settlement sent
                              07/03/16 – offer rejected wanting me to fill out a financial statement
                              11/03/16 – CCA Request sent
                              14/03/16 – CCA request received
                              17/03/16 – letter received saying they will provide info in 12 working days.
                              21/03/16- Letter received acknowledging request for documents they have forwarded it to HFC Bank PLC(letter dated 17/03/16)
                              01/04/16 - Letter received stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the agreement or statements and acknowledge that it cant be enforced.
                              28/04/16 - letter received stating documents issued under section 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 in relation to my account. And a default notice on the other side of the letter.

Looks like i never updated this one but some where in between 2016 and Jan 2017 it changed from Idem to Cabot Financial(Europe) LTD. I need to check my files as im normally good at filing everything but nothing much to tell apart from getting letters every other month until December when they started sending one every month and a 70% discount.

Date Commenced - ?
                              Date last paid - ?
                              Status – default
                              Account owner – Mint

Again nothing new to report from getting letters every month since october 2020

TYPE OF ACCOUNT - loan
                              Date Commenced - ?
                              Approx Balance - 9032
                              Date last paid - ?
                              Status – Assigned
                              Account owner – Arrow Global managedby Moorcroft

04/03/16 – CCA Request signed for
                              07/03/16 – confirming they haverequested documents from arrow and will forward them on when they have them.Also stating that they are not seeking enforcement just asking for payment foran outstanding debt.
                              18/04/16 - letter recieved, acknowledge receipt of my recent request and confirm that they have closed my account with them and passed it back to Arrow Global Ltd.

Nothing new with this one apart from getting yearly statements from them.

So folks thats all the news i have for now hope your all doing well on your journeys and lets see what 2021 brings us.

Comment

• Hello

Thanks for the update which is looking good.

You've reached the final year before these debts become statute barred since they all appear to have been defaulted in 2008, and payments stopped after you sent the CCA Requests in March 2016.

It also seems you sent your CCA Requests to the original creditors (all of them or only most of them?) so you've got that ace up your sleeve if the debt purchasers start to turn up the heat.

I hope you make it to the finishing line!

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X