GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script time to sort this mess out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time to sort this mess out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just ask? When the write saying that ‘they know you’re a house owner’ is that not considered as intimidation? Or possibly breach of Data act as strictly speaking whether you own a house or not is sod all to do with them until it reaches a court I’m thinking?
    Am I wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
      Can I just ask? When the write saying that ‘they know you’re a house owner’ is that not considered as intimidation? Or possibly breach of Data act as strictly speaking whether you own a house or not is sod all to do with them until it reaches a court I’m thinking?
      Am I wrong?
      These are Businesses seeing high profits on those in debt. They are NOT Charities!!
      The irony won't be lost the uncreditworth (your Credit Rating trashed for six years) makes you good for their business!

Now the Home Owner is far more attractive than the penniless! It means the possibility of getting 100% or More of a return on their penny in the pound paid for a Bad Debt! I mean look at soaring Property Prices and Equity being built up!

Goof Business is a Nice little charge on your property plus interest!

They will try to intimidate!! Snide remarks anything to get you to engage with them! But silence is golden isn't it.

Remember that at this time the CCA 1974 is a Letter (SNAIL) based Law. Go and look for yourself!
      So you can ignore and block TXT's, Emails, Phone etc.. Everything in writing is really good advice!!

So this is where you tread with care and build up that Diary as well as your personal file. Watching and learning from current Law and making notes! Knowledge is taking control. Tactics have recently changed! That's something to pick up on!
      You can learn so much from AAD and the Diary's!

Comment

• So what tactics have changed then? What current law examples are you referring too? I wasn’t aware that changes had occurred?

Comment

• Isn’t the silence until necessary rule always been the same?

Comment

• They can ask even when UE.
            It has always been the Case that Home Owners tick their boxes as good for their businesses.
            Doesn't take much working out either with Credit Reports and or talking to Original Creditors.
            What is snide and insidious is writing saying that ‘they know you’re a house owner’.

Your question is is this intimidation? Well its a fact isn't it!
            And it has provoked a reaction from you hasn't it!

They want you to start a ping pong reaction (and reset the Statute Bar Clock). So its a tactical comment is it NOT! to achieve their goal YOUR MONEY!
            Last edited by Roger; 21 December 2021, 14:44.

Comment

• I just filed it with the rest of the paper work, im not going to engage. Just waiting to see what the next letter will be.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jaffacake;n1539939]TYPE OF ACCOUNT – lloyds TSB CC
                Date Commenced - 1999
                Approx Balance - 2928
                Date last paid - ?
                Arrangement or not paying – DMP
                Status – default 2008
                Account owner – Cabot (17/10/2012 Lloyds TSB assigned debt to Prime Credit/Apex. 29/07/2014 debt assigned to Cabot Credit Management Group.

03/03/16 – CCA request sent
                04/03/16 – CCA request signed for
                26/03/16 - received letter saying they have requested documents and it could take upto 40days.(shows Lloyds TSB Credit card but wrong ref number and alleged amount)
                26/06/16 - letter saying thankyou for paying in the past but can you contact them so I can clear the balance.
                06/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                07/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                08/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                10/07/16 - letter asking to make a new plan.
                30/08/16 - letter asking me to fill in a income and expenditure form.
                30/09/16 - statement.
                31/11/16 - letter saying they have gone digital and to register.
                30/12/16 - standard contact us letter.
                29/01/17 - not heard from you letter.
                02/02/17 - another chasing letter saying that I've not contacted them still.
                28/02/17 - standard contact us letter.
                03/04/17 - letter saying there getting fedelite to make a door step visit to get me back in touch with Cabot.
                27/04/17 - first letter from fidelite today asking me to contact them within 7days(letter dated 21/04/17) or they will make a personal visit to my house.
                04/08/17 - welcome back letter after passing management to an agent.
                21/08/17 - letter asking for my budget and save £50.
                25/08/17 - welcome back letter and still waiting to hear from you letter.
                26/09/17 - Balance waiting to be paid letter.
                31/10/17 - fill in a budget form letter.
                14/11/17 - make a plan letter.
                25/11/17 - letter asking me to tell them my budget and save £50.
                26/04/18 - build a plan around budget letter.
                18/07/18 - asking me to set up a plan and they will treat me to a gift card.
                15/08/18 - asking to pay balance letter.
                15/10/18 - balance waiting to be paid letter.
                09/04/19 - make a payment plan letter.
                21/05/19 - tell us your budget letter.
                14/11/19 - urgent attention and giving me 9 days to respond.
                15/05/20 - send us your budget and put a plan in place letter.
                05/06/20 - 50% discount offer letter.
                13/07/20 - get back on track letter.
                31/07/20 - need to make a plan letter.
                17/08/20 - build a plan around budget letter.
                04/09/20 - were giving you control letter.
                11/09/20 - tell us your budget letter.
                13/11/20 - 70% discount offer letter.
                13/11/20 - saying ive paid in the past and time to get back on track.
                13/01/21 - youve paid in the past and time to get in touch letter.
                28/01/21 - over 1million customers pay regularly and on time and that im not one of them.
                12/02/21 - we need your urgent attention letter.
                12/02/21 - 70% discount offer letter.
                07/03/21 - letter stating that they have advised Resolvecall to visit my home.
                26/03/21 - Letter from Resolvecall saying they have been instructed by Cabot Financial(Europe)LTD to assist in collecting outstanding balances.
                26/04/21 - Doorstep visit from Resolvecall.
                26/04/2022 - Letter saying they have passed account onto Global Debt Recovery Ltd

So after almost a year of no contact they decide to contact me regarding the above, im more than posotive it has now been over 6 years since my cca request which has never been actioned so will wait and see what this new agent has to say.

Comment

• Hi

Yes, continue to say nowt. Cabot giving up after 8 years?

EDIT: I gather that they purchase old unrecoverable debts and then proceed to hound people for the money. SB means nothing to them.
                  Last edited by Still Waving; 26 April 2022, 15:48.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jaffacake;n1544717]
                    Originally posted by Jaffacake View Post
                    TYPE OF ACCOUNT – lloyds TSB CC
                    Date Commenced - 1999
                    Approx Balance - 2928
                    Date last paid - ?
                    Arrangement or not paying – DMP
                    Status – default 2008
                    Account owner – Cabot (17/10/2012 Lloyds TSB assigned debt to Prime Credit/Apex. 29/07/2014 debt assigned to Cabot Credit Management Group.

03/03/16 – CCA request sent
                    04/03/16 – CCA request signed for
                    26/03/16 - received letter saying they have requested documents and it could take upto 40days.(shows Lloyds TSB Credit card but wrong ref number and alleged amount)
                    26/06/16 - letter saying thankyou for paying in the past but can you contact them so I can clear the balance.
                    06/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                    07/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                    08/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                    10/07/16 - letter asking to make a new plan.
                    30/08/16 - letter asking me to fill in a income and expenditure form.
                    30/09/16 - statement.
                    31/11/16 - letter saying they have gone digital and to register.
                    30/12/16 - standard contact us letter.
                    29/01/17 - not heard from you letter.
                    02/02/17 - another chasing letter saying that I've not contacted them still.
                    28/02/17 - standard contact us letter.
                    03/04/17 - letter saying there getting fedelite to make a door step visit to get me back in touch with Cabot.
                    27/04/17 - first letter from fidelite today asking me to contact them within 7days(letter dated 21/04/17) or they will make a personal visit to my house.
                    04/08/17 - welcome back letter after passing management to an agent.
                    21/08/17 - letter asking for my budget and save £50.
                    25/08/17 - welcome back letter and still waiting to hear from you letter.
                    26/09/17 - Balance waiting to be paid letter.
                    31/10/17 - fill in a budget form letter.
                    14/11/17 - make a plan letter.
                    25/11/17 - letter asking me to tell them my budget and save £50.
                    26/04/18 - build a plan around budget letter.
                    18/07/18 - asking me to set up a plan and they will treat me to a gift card.
                    15/08/18 - asking to pay balance letter.
                    15/10/18 - balance waiting to be paid letter.
                    09/04/19 - make a payment plan letter.
                    21/05/19 - tell us your budget letter.
                    14/11/19 - urgent attention and giving me 9 days to respond.
                    15/05/20 - send us your budget and put a plan in place letter.
                    05/06/20 - 50% discount offer letter.
                    13/07/20 - get back on track letter.
                    31/07/20 - need to make a plan letter.
                    17/08/20 - build a plan around budget letter.
                    04/09/20 - were giving you control letter.
                    11/09/20 - tell us your budget letter.
                    13/11/20 - 70% discount offer letter.
                    13/11/20 - saying ive paid in the past and time to get back on track.
                    13/01/21 - youve paid in the past and time to get in touch letter.
                    28/01/21 - over 1million customers pay regularly and on time and that im not one of them.
                    12/02/21 - we need your urgent attention letter.
                    12/02/21 - 70% discount offer letter.
                    07/03/21 - letter stating that they have advised Resolvecall to visit my home.
                    26/03/21 - Letter from Resolvecall saying they have been instructed by Cabot Financial(Europe)LTD to assist in collecting outstanding balances.
                    26/04/21 - Doorstep visit from Resolvecall.
                    26/04/2022 - Letter saying they have passed account onto Global Debt Recovery Ltd

07/05/22 - Letter From Global Debt Recovery saying to get in touch in the next 14 days or will escalate to recovery agents.

Got a letter from Global Debt Recovery asking me to get in touch or they will escalate to recovery department.

Lets see what they have to say in 14 days.

Comment

• I also have had the Global letter couple of months ago, next one is much the same.
                      just a get in contact with us letter. I now wait for the next one.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• all helps should you run out of essential paper but make sure not the printed side oppssss
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Oh come on, they are trying their best to scare you give them some credit ???

at least make a paper plane first!

Comment

• Won't it be statute barred now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                              Won't it be statute barred now?
                              we always say to keep it going as long as possable as, DCA's are known to say that any letter from you is keeping SB going.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                we always say to keep it going as long as possable as, DCA's are known to say that any letter from you is keeping SB going.
                                Letter, TXT, Email, on occasions a Complaint through Credit Agencies. All could restart the Statute Bar Clock!

Its more complicated because a Judge considered the Default Notice final date (pay by ####) as the starting point for the Statute Bar Clock. In some cases the Default Notice may have been sometime after a last payment! Some Bankers were notorious for delaying teh Default Notice!

So we err on the side of caution! Sit on Hands and SILENCE is GOLDEN

Comment

Working...
                                X