GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roger UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Roger UE Diary

You will get a load of these from Robbo Way - Its what they do - Spam you into submission

Unless they contain any direct threats of further action you can simply date the envelope and file away
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Egg(formaly) Barclaycard
      Type of account : Credit Card
      Date commenced : Nov 2007
      Approx balance : £3,200
      Date last paid : March 2013
      Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was on an arrangement
      Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) : Default
      Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): Barclaycard
      Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and changed Account No.
      I have a printed copy of the Egg Agreement which I had kept! Curiously the Egg signature dated day before Customer signature date
      I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Barclaycard
      I have never asked for nor received a s.78 from Barclaycard!
      Their letter dated Nov 2011
      "We want to make sure you have all the important details and dates you need to know as we finish moving your account to Barclaycard. As previously notified you we're unable to issue you a new Barclaycard due to the condition of either your existing Barclaycard or migrating Egg account. "
      DEC 2011 Statement "Your account is closed"
      "Please note your account is now closed. You'll continue to receive statements until the balance and any interest is fully paid. As your account is now closed, if anyone requests payement from your account, it may be automatically returned to that company."

Two Default Notices issued by MERCERS and No NOA
      Barclaycard last letter was August 2014.
      "We've identified that we have been reporting inaccurate information about your account to Credit Referemce Agencies. We apologise for this error and we're now correcting it.."
      Nothing since.
      OCT 16 ASSET LINK "We are writing to confirm that Barclaycard has assigned your account to Asset Link ..it is important you contact Link to discuss your intentions regarding this account"
      Have not yet asked for S.78 CCA . My thinking is to wait for Link to start getting stroppy, before doing this! Thoughts!

Comment

Seems like a good plan, all they want is for you to get in touch so yep I would wait for the strops ,x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just by way of sharing experiences.

My creditors were quiet until this year!
          I had never bothered with CRA's until November 2015 when I applied for a Experian Credit Report!

That poked the hornets nest!!

Comment

Just by way of sharing experiences.

My creditors were quiet until this year!
            I had never bothered with CRA's until November 2015 when I applied for a Experian Credit Report!

That poked the hornets nest!!
            Never a good idea to poke the hornet's nest!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally Posted by Roger
              OCT 16 NCO "..with regret..we write to give notice that the ..account is to be closed.. referred back to our client.."
              I haven't yet sent the PT's template Yet!!
              Should I send this now to NCO or wait and see what comes next?

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
              Waste of time if they are saying they have referred the account back. Suggest you wait to see who contacts you next.
              Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              agree with SW, wait and see what comes next
              NOV 16 FIRSTSOURCE "..AMEXCO instructed us to collect .. balance owed...."
              Early days will file and see what comes next before sending missing PT's template.

Comment

Intelligent Finance (Halifax)
                Originally posted by Spud View Post
                You will get a load of these from Robbo Way - Its what they do - Spam you into submission
                Unless they contain any direct threats of further action you can simply date the envelope and file away

Link (Egg/Barclaycard)
                Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                Seems like a good plan, all they want is for you to get in touch so yep I would wait for the strops ,x

Amexco - FirstSource

Had various phone calls / a couple letter / emails from the above Accounts no threats I have recorded these and filed them away.

Comment

[ 6th January 2017, 16:31

Originally Posted by Spud

Link (Egg/Barclaycard)

Originally Posted by nanna58

Amexco - FirstSource

Had various phone calls / a couple letter / emails from the above Accounts no threats I have recorded these and filed them away.]

Nothing more to add at this time.

Comment

OCT 16 NCO "..with regret..we write to give notice that the ..account is to be closed.. referred back to our client.."

Originally Posted by Still Waving
                    Waste of time if they are saying they have referred the account back. Suggest you wait to see who contacts you next.

Originally Posted by nightwatch

Early days will file and see what comes next before sending missing PT's template.

FEB 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Settlement Offer-Instalment Option .. by MARCH 17.. " Approx 60% discount
                    Will file and see what comes next before sending missing PT's template.

Comment

FEB 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Settlement Offer-Instalment Option .. by MARCH 17.. " Approx 60% discount

60% looks like they are hoping for a bite. ha ha just as well you have already eaten. let them stew

Comment

[ 6th January 2017, 16:31

Originally Posted by Spud

Link (Egg/Barclaycard)

Originally Posted by nanna58

AMEXCO:

Amexco - FirstSource

Had various phone calls / a couple letter / emails from the above Accounts no threats I have recorded these and filed them away.]
                        Monthly update
                        Nothing more to add at this time.
                        Last edited by Roger; 6 March 2017, 12:18.

Comment

Sounds good to me

Just a thought, If and when these DCA's write, don't automatically send off the Missing PT's letter straight away - post up here first

There have been many times where I have waited for the 3rd or 4th letter ( or sometimes 15th letter depending on the content !!!!!!) before sending a reply.....but then that may only be the no knowledge of this debt etc

Basically what I am saying is, SB is a time game by any means available........You could write 2-3 letters before even getting to the missing PT's letter. As long as they see you are engaging they will just keep writing back hoping that you will eventually pay. You need to pay close attention to the content of the letter and if they are starting to ramp things up a notch then send what is necessary. The thing is by taking this approach you could be another 12 months along by the time they get the missing PT's letter and that is 12 months closer to SB.

I

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                            Sounds good to me

Just a thought, If and when these DCA's write, don't automatically send off the Missing PT's letter straight away - post up here first

There have been many times where I have waited for the 3rd or 4th letter ( or sometimes 15th letter depending on the content !!!!!!) before sending a reply.....but then that may only be the no knowledge of this debt etc

Basically what I am saying is, SB is a time game by any means available........You could write 2-3 letters before even getting to the missing PT's letter. As long as they see you are engaging they will just keep writing back hoping that you will eventually pay. You need to pay close attention to the content of the letter and if they are starting to ramp things up a notch then send what is necessary. The thing is by taking this approach you could be another 12 months along by the time they get the missing PT's letter and that is 12 months closer to SB.
                            I
                            Sounds like very good advice.
                            Thank you!

Comment

This is where I'm different as I liked to send a letter such as SWID pretty much on first contact from a dca then I ignored further letters unless they were really threatening court action etc. IMO if you later sent a SWID they could come back with "so why didn't you tell us that at the start?"
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                This is where I'm different as I liked to send a letter such as SWID pretty much on first contact from a dca then I ignored further letters unless they were really threatening court action etc. IMO if you later sent a SWID they could come back with "so why didn't you tell us that at the start?"
                                My Debts start from 2012 (5 years ago) Some of these are still with OC's who have used quite a few DCA's BUT not yet sold the Debt.
                                I can see that before coming to AAD I had frankly sent out to many letters. I was helping DCA's and OC's to correct their errors!

I also made the mistake of doing a Credit Check which seem to wake Rip Van Winkle(s) up because the letters started up again!

So in my own Case they will be aware of existing Dispute's. I suppose its because each Case is different.

Comment

Working...
                                X