GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script clueless24 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clueless24 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: clueless24 UE Diary

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
    Unfortunately I do not own my own house so no CO. So if I am reading this right worse that can happen is I may get a CCJ, which I could defend by post or by going to court (the thought terrifies me). Thank you for being so patient and taking the time to explain everything to me
    You don't own your house - great! That's good news... so the worse that will happen is they ccj you, wow, best run quick (lol - just messing)!

It goes after 6yrs as well, like a default etc so don't worry - when you're a homeowner it changes your options slightly otherwise, don't worry! It would affect you going for any financially related jobs, of course, but otherwise you'll be fine.... so long as you're not employed by a bank or in finance or anywhere that may credit search you, then you'll be fine with a ccj or ten! I know someone with 18 CCJ's - he doesn't care cos he is on the dole and cannot pay anything, been like that for 5 years and funnily enough he's on about starting work next year
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      You don't own your house - great! That's good news... so the worse that will happen is they ccj you, wow, best run quick (lol - just messing)!

It goes after 6yrs as well, like a default etc so don't worry - when you're a homeowner it changes your options slightly otherwise, don't worry! It would affect you going for any financially related jobs, of course, but otherwise you'll be fine.... so long as you're not employed by a bank or in finance or anywhere that may credit search you, then you'll be fine with a ccj or ten! I know someone with 18 CCJ's - he doesn't care cos he is on the dole and cannot pay anything, been like that for 5 years and funnily enough he's on about starting work next year
      LOL Niddy
      Fight the good fight and we will prevail
      Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Barclaycard

Credit Card
        Commenced 2007?
        Bal £2522.17
        Last paid 24-2-10
        Arrangement £1 monthly
        Status default
        Acc owner Barclaycard. Mercers writing

3-2-11 CCA request sent
        4-2-11 Delivered
        9-2-11 Recieved ack of request dated 8-2-11 dealing with request
        18-2-11 Recieved formal demand for full payment from barclaycard
        26-2-11 12 + 2 days up on the 23-2-11 no CCA recieved
        4-3-11 Recieved letter from moorcroft make payment within 7 days or debt collector may call or may be passed to solicitor.
        5-3-11 send account in default of CCA letter as advised
        12-3-11 Recieved letter from Moorcroft advising account is on hold whilst they investigate with their client, will communicate their response upon receipt
        13-4-11 Received CCA will e-mail Niddy for checking please
        Recieved letter from Barclaycard today enclosing a CCA. The odd thing about this is I had a credit card pre 2005 which was cleared and closed in April 2005 following the sale of my house. However I then applied for a new account in 2007 by which time I had moved 3 times, the first page of the CCA has my address from 2005 hope that makes sense and possibly a difference in the scale of things. Please can you advise if the CCA is enforcable and what my next step should be thank you as always.

Comment

Shop Direct Finance

Catalogue credit account
          Commenced 2004?(correction 1994)
          Bal £2182.16
          Last paid 25-1-10
          No arrangement but sending £1 token payment monthly
          Acc Owner Shop Direct Finance/ NDR writing

3-2-11 CCA request sent
          4-2-11 Delivered
          17-2-11 £1 chq cashed
          26-2-11 12 + 2 days up on the 23-2-11 No CCA recieved
          28-2-11 CCA recieved E-MAILED NIDDY
          4-3-11 NIDDY SAYS UE WHOO HOO!!! sent final response recorded delivery
          25-3-11 Recieved letter from NDR Notice of payment arrangements £1 per month for a further 12 months.
          6-4-11 Letter fron SDG entitled Request to cancel credit agreement and saying they have satisfied my request in accordance with consumer credit act 1974 and I must continue to pay.
          6-4-11 Will ignore as advised
          13-4-11 Received monthly statement along with the monthly default notice and notification of £12 missed minimum payment fee added to the account.
          Does the fact that I recieve a monthly default notice have any impact on the account in regard to when it will come off my credit file ie: 6 years from default date will it be when I recieved the first default notice or the latest notice, as I get one every month from them what does that mean long term?

Comment

they can only default you once, the first time is the only one which is official and the six years run from that one. Can't imagine what they think they are doing with the rest...............

Comment

Does the fact that I recieve a monthly default notice have any impact on the account in regard to when it will come off my credit file ie: 6 years from default date will it be when I recieved the first default notice or the latest notice, as I get one every month from them what does that mean long term?
              Hi
              Are you posative it's a default notice and not just a notice of default on sums charged to your acount
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                Hi
                Are you posative it's a default notice and not just a notice of default on sums charged to your acount
                God I feel so thick! I thought this was a default notice but it clearly says Notice of Default Sums under the consumer Credit Act 1974, I didn't realise there was a difference.
                Thank you for pointing this out and taking the time to respond to my question In 2 deep.
                At this point I guess it doesn't make a lot of difference as this is one Niddy says is a million % UE.

Comment

God I feel so thick! I thought this was a default notice but it clearly says Notice of Default Sums under the consumer Credit Act 1974, I didn't realise there was a difference.
                  Thank you for pointing this out and taking the time to respond to my question In 2 deep.
                  At this point I guess it doesn't make a lot of difference as this is one Niddy says is a million % UE.
                  any time
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Basically the notice of default sums is a late payment/missed payment charge (usually £12) - you get one every month you don't pay. The default notice, that is served under s.87 of CCA1974 is entirely different in that it is this that registers adverse data with the CRA's and remains for 6 years.....

As others have clarified, they are two totally separate things....
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Recieved letter from Barclaycard today enclosing a CCA. The odd thing about this is I had a credit card pre 2005 which was cleared and closed in April 2005 following the sale of my house. However I then applied for a new account in 2007 by which time I had moved 3 times, the first page of the CCA has my address from 2005 hope that makes sense and possibly a difference in the scale of things. Please can you advise if the CCA is enforcable and what my next step should be thank you as always.
                      Any chance you could upload it here: ---> Secure Section as I cannot access emails right now.

Comment

Any chance you could upload it here: ---> Secure Section as I cannot access emails right now.
                        Hopefully I have uploaded the paperwork. Many thanks

Comment

Thanks, yep all received (see comments within the secure section)!

It is still UE - nothing changes, all they've done is send a copy of terms, nothing that suggests you agreed to them and therefore it is 100%

Respond to Barclays with this: ---> CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Supplied

Comment

Thanks, yep all received (see comments within the secure section)!

It is still UE - nothing changes, all they've done is send a copy of terms, nothing that suggests you agreed to them and therefore it is 100%

Respond to Barclays with this: ---> CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Supplied
                            Thank you Niddy that's great news will send off letter today. Today I am smiling

Comment

Thank you Niddy that's great news will send off letter today. Today I am smiling
                              Good! We like to see happiness! Have a good weekend and don't stress out so much - you'll be fine!

Comment

Egg Banking

Credit card
                                Approx 2000
                                Bal £10,861.91
                                Last paid 24-2-10
                                Arrangement £1 token
                                Status Default
                                Acc Owner Egg DLC writing acting on behalf of Egg

3-2-11 CCA request sent
                                4-2-11 Delivered
                                9-2-11 Recieved letter from DLC returned chq and advised write direct to EGG
                                11-2-11 CCA request sent direct to Egg
                                14-2-11 Delivered
                                21-2-11 Recieved letter from DLC dated 18-2-11 Notice of debt recovery
                                24-2-11 Recieved CCA have e-mail Niddy
                                24-2-11 Recieved letter from Aplins Solicitors have been instructed by DLC on behalf of EGG to recover bal, giving me 7 days to make full payment or agreement to pay, or legal proceedings may be commenced without further notice + fixed costs and fees.
                                25-2-11 NIDDY SAYS UNENFORCABLE WHOO HOO!!!!
                                Have sent Threat O Gram and Original CCA letters to both DLC & Aplins
                                12-3-11 Have recieved response from Hillesden Securities in response to my letter as above sent to Aplins and DLC. Noting my correspondence but that the issues raised are regarding the documentation supplied by Egg, due to the above my correspondence needs to be sent directly to thier clients Egg for them to address my concerns. Ignored
                                7-4-11 Received letter from DLC advising Client may be prepared to consider reducing balance, I must telephone immediately to discuss, failure to respond may result in further action being taken.
                                8-4-11 Sent Debtors final response letter recorded delivery
                                19-4-11 Received letter from Hillesden Securities We have noted the content of your correspondence (Debtors final response to CCA recieved) However we note that the issues raised are regarding the documentation supplied by Egg Banking, due to the above your correspondence needs to be sent directly to our client for them to address your concerns.
                                This is identical to the one I recieved on the 12-3-11. I now have letters about this UE Debt from DLC, Aplins and Hillesden all telling me I need to send correspondence directly to Egg I am guessing that I should ignore this? advise as always would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X