GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script clueless24 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clueless24 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: clueless24 UE Diary

Is there anyway you can check back on line?? I know when I had a freemans account you could check back on line?????

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
      Is there anyway you can check back on line?? I know when I had a freemans account you could check back on line?????

Good luck
      Not that far back - we're speaking a few years here....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Not that far back - we're speaking a few years here....

Ahhhh well it was worth a shot................ such a pain as I would have no idea what I ordered from a catalogue a few years back....... Good lucke clueless x

Comment

Ahhhh well it was worth a shot................ such a pain as I would have no idea what I ordered from a catalogue a few years back....... Good lucke clueless x
          I'm not suggesting that Clueless remembers either though. I am specifically asking if she remembers buying one item to that value or several items on the SAME order to come to that value, in any case - being it is a catalogue and the amount involved, yea - i'd remember. Too right.

Point is, is this or is this not a debt built up of the odd £30 clothing order etc - that's what I need clarifying.

I believe that they have conjured this agreement from thin-air and used a signature from other sources, such as a letter etc. Ergo, they should not then be applying a s.77 fixed term credit agreement to it. It should be s.78 revolving credit (ie a credit limit).

The fact this is a fixed term sum (ie s.77 loan) suggests it was one item or a couple of larger items that were taken using a special 3yr pay later deal. Typically, i'd be looking at white goods, furniture, electricals.

This will not be clothing and general shit that we all buy, it simply can't be and would not qualify for the 3yrs credit. My point is, I cannot accuse them of lying and fraud until I have it 100% confirmed that clueless did NOT buy any of the above (ie white goods, furniture, electricals).....

Make better sense now? I don't care what was bought, I only care about the value of the order that generated the s.77 agreement.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yep I get what you are saying - I know I had two accounts with Freemans - one interst free you had to pay back by a certain date- say 3 months and the other was for larger items on a "credit account" so you had longer to pay back but interest was charged.

I can remember what big items I purchased - ie a bed and I think maybe even a fridge but anything esle on my account would have been clothes....

So it is quite important that clueless can try and remember.....

Comment

I'm not suggesting that Clueless remembers either though. I am specifically asking if she remembers buying one item to that value or several items on the SAME order to come to that value, in any case - being it is a catalogue and the amount involved, yea - i'd remember. Too right.

Point is, is this or is this not a debt built up of the odd £30 clothing order etc - that's what I need clarifying.

I believe that they have conjured this agreement from thin-air and used a signature from other sources, such as a letter etc. Ergo, they should not then be applying a s.77 fixed term credit agreement to it. It should be s.78 revolving credit (ie a credit limit).

The fact this is a fixed term sum (ie s.77 loan) suggests it was one item or a couple of larger items that were taken using a special 3yr pay later deal. Typically, i'd be looking at white goods, furniture, electricals.

This will not be clothing and general shit that we all buy, it simply can't be and would not qualify for the 3yrs credit. My point is, I cannot accuse them of lying and fraud until I have it 100% confirmed that clueless did NOT buy any of the above (ie white goods, furniture, electricals).....

Make better sense now? I don't care what was bought, I only care about the value of the order that generated the s.77 agreement.
              Would it ring alarm bells if I were to call the catalogue and ask what the goods were? just having a little difficulty locating the paperwork, (6 moves in 5 years) I know I will have it somewhere, have talked to family and we are 99% certain that it was not white goods, electrical, furniture etc, will keep searching, is it worth a telephone call?

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
                Would it ring alarm bells if I were to call the catalogue and ask what the goods were? just having a little difficulty locating the paperwork, (6 moves in 5 years) I know I will have it somewhere, have talked to family and we are 99% certain that it was not white goods, electrical, furniture etc, will keep searching, is it worth a telephone call?
                You need to forget the notion of ringing people. Seriously, it is one of the biggest no-no's about the lot. Give it a few weeks and when you get 100+ calls a day making all sorts of threats you'll sit there and say "shit, I wish i'd listened to Niddy et al and stopped ringing these clowns" - that is a fact!

So, I reiterate - if you can blow £1400 and not have a clue what it was then you really have issues - you must know if you bought something large that would have cost such an amount?

Unfortunately you need to keep extremely good records and as part of this process I will be delving for detailed answers, if you cannot remember things then maybe a DMP is best for you. I'm not being harsh, but i've spent a lot of time here - its really a simple question you know, did you or did you not buy high value items at the time you opened this account -= to the value of £1400? if not, then fine - just say so.

I cannot make the right answer appear, ONLY you know the answer.

Comment

Clueless - don't worry if you did spend that money on clothes/shoes etc - please don't worry - as Nid says if you purchased someting big then you would know. (ie I can remember I got a bed nearly 10 years ago from my catalogue)

He is not prying he just needs to know so he can point you the right way.

As everyone as said before we are not here to judge, so don't worry - just say well if I can't remember it must have been an accumliation of clothes/shoes for me and the family.

It's just Nid needs to be clear so he can know how to act.

Take care

x

Comment

As everyone as said before we are not here to judge, so don't worry - just say well if I can't remember it must have been an accumliation of clothes/shoes for me and the family.
                    Which is where i'll say no, it couldn't have been! Otherwise it'd be a s.78 agreement and not a loan (fixed sum one)... which would lead me to then accuse them (the catalogue) of fraud... So I need to be 100% certain with the answer.

See why it is so important now?

Comment

yep I do

Comment

You need to forget the notion of ringing people. Seriously, it is one of the biggest no-no's about the lot. Give it a few weeks and when you get 100+ calls a day making all sorts of threats you'll sit there and say "shit, I wish i'd listened to Niddy et al and stopped ringing these clowns" - that is a fact!

So, I reiterate - if you can blow £1400 and not have a clue what it was then you really have issues - you must know if you bought something large that would have cost such an amount?

Unfortunately you need to keep extremely good records and as part of this process I will be delving for detailed answers, if you cannot remember things then maybe a DMP is best for you. I'm not being harsh, but i've spent a lot of time here - its really a simple question you know, did you or did you not buy high value items at the time you opened this account -= to the value of £1400? if not, then fine - just say so.

I cannot make the right answer appear, ONLY you know the answer.
                        I apologise for taking up so much of your time on this one subject. I have and will continue to keep extremely good records, I do not think I could be more organised if I tried. Due to my illness I do have problems remembering things which is why I keep everything and write everything down
                        In answer to your questions NO I did not buy high value items at the time I opened the account (1994) and I can find no paperwork (and I have a lot) that relates to anything I purchased in Jan 2005 with this kind of value, In fact at the time in Jan 2005 I was on reduced monthly payments awaiting the sale of my home, I cleared the entire balance in June 2005 after the sale of my house, however I have found some paperwork that refers to Freemans becoming Kays and wondered if it was the transfer from one company to another? I just do not know for certain and wonder if this is one I should just keep paying at £1 per month as I am conscious of taking up to much of your time.

Comment

Barclaycard

Credit Card
                          Commenced 2007?
                          Bal £2522.17
                          Last paid 24-2-10
                          Arrangement £1 monthly
                          Status default
                          Acc owner Barclaycard. Mercers writing

3-2-11 CCA request sent
                          4-2-11 Delivered
                          9-2-11 Recieved ack of request dated 8-2-11 dealing with request
                          18-2-11 Recieved formal demand for full payment from barclaycard
                          26-2-11 12 + 2 days up on the 23-2-11 no CCA recieved
                          4-3-11 Have recieved a letter from Moorcroft Pre-Court Div (first time I have had one from them on this account previously Mercers writing) saying I have not complied with Formal demand sent by B'Card, I have 7 days to pay, will pass details on to CRA, may pass to external solictor etc.
                          To date they have not cashed the chq £1 fee but have recieved and acknowledged in writing my request on the 8-2-11. No CCA to date. Please advise what action I should take.
                          Thank you

Comment

4-3-11 Have recieved a letter from Moorcroft Pre-Court Div (first time I have had one from them on this account previously Mercers writing) saying I have not complied with Formal demand sent by B'Card, I have 7 days to pay, will pass details on to CRA, may pass to external solictor etc.
                            To date they have not cashed the chq £1 fee but have recieved and acknowledged in writing my request on the 8-2-11. No CCA to date. Please advise what action I should take.
                            Thank you
                            Send this to Moorcroft (remember to send recorded delivery): ---> Account sold - whilst in Default of CCA Request

Comment

I apologise for taking up so much of your time on this one subject. I have and will continue to keep extremely good records, I do not think I could be more organised if I tried. Due to my illness I do have problems remembering things which is why I keep everything and write everything down
                              In answer to your questions NO I did not buy high value items at the time I opened the account (1994) and I can find no paperwork (and I have a lot) that relates to anything I purchased in Jan 2005 with this kind of value, In fact at the time in Jan 2005 I was on reduced monthly payments awaiting the sale of my home, I cleared the entire balance in June 2005 after the sale of my house, however I have found some paperwork that refers to Freemans becoming Kays and wondered if it was the transfer from one company to another? I just do not know for certain and wonder if this is one I should just keep paying at £1 per month as I am conscious of taking up to much of your time.
                              Hiya

No need to apologise - that's not what i'm looking for, it was the assertive confidence that was lacking - now you've posted this, I am happy that the agreement they sent is in fact a copy which does not relate to the goods in question ergo this is 100% unenforceable and I am more than happy to call them liars to their faces - its the bloody wrong sort of credit agreement for a start!

You should be responding to the CCA received (ie send to Moorcroft), with the following: ---> Debtors Final Response - CCA Received

You stated the account was opened in 1994, is this accurate or was it a typo?

Comment

Send this to Moorcroft (remember to send recorded delivery): ---> Account sold - whilst in Default of CCA Request
                                Thank you Niddy for being so patient with me. I have edited the letter as per the instructions but would ask that you check it for me before I send it. Many many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X