GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script clueless24 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clueless24 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: clueless24 UE Diary

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
    Egg Banking

Loan
    Date commenced approx 2000 topped up in 2005
    Bal £5,297.44
    Last paid Feb 2010
    Arrangement £1 token monthly
    Status Defaulted
    Acc owner Egg Banking / Moorcroft collecting on behalf of Egg

3-2-11 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
    12-2-11 Recieved reply from Moorcroft with returned chq and advised to write direct to egg
    15-2-11 CCA request direct to Egg
    16-2-11 Delivered
    26-2-11 Letter from Moorcroft to contact them within the next 48 hrs and make payment, they may recommend that thier clients solicitors commence legal proceeding without further notice. Letter says I have not made a payment since 6/11/10 (I paid £4 as payments for Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb enclosed covering letter explaining I was going into hospital and token payment was for 4 months) No CCA recieved but 12 +2 days not up till 4th Mar
    Do I ignore?

Comment

Just ignore. They can't touch you cos you sent in s.77 request.

See this for info:---> Section 77 & CCA Related info
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Clueless

Just wanted to add my welcome to you.

You are in good company on here, we've all been or still are in your situation, but life will definitely get better. We have been on the UE route for almost a year now and the difference it has made to our lives is absolutely great. Just follow Niddy's advice and you won't go wrong.

Good luck

Comment

Egg Banking

Loan
          Date commenced approx 2000 topped up in 2005 (correction new loan Jan 2007)
          Bal £5,297.44 (correction Bal o/s £2,769.17)
          Last paid Feb 2010
          Arrangement £1 token monthly
          Status Defaulted
          Acc owner Egg Banking / Moorcroft collecting on behalf of Egg

3-2-11 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
          12-2-11 Recieved reply from Moorcroft with returned chq and advised to write direct to egg
          15-2-11 CCA request direct to Egg
          16-2-11 Delivered
          26-2-11 Letter from Moorcroft to contact them within the next 48 hrs and make payment, they may recommend that thier clients solicitors commence legal proceeding without further notice. Letter says I have not made a payment since 6/11/10 (I paid £4 as payments for Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb enclosed covering letter explaining I was going into hospital and token payment was for 4 months) No CCA recieved but 12 +2 days not up till 4th Mar
          28-2-11 Recieved CCA from Egg will E-Mail Niddy. I had successfully reclaimed PPI on this Loan in Sep 2010 as it was miss sold, the refund was paid directly to the account as I was in default on the loan, hence the correction in the balance o/s and my confusion over the date, sorry
          Hi Niddy
          Have recieved CCA for above account would appreciate you taking a look many thanks.

Comment

Shop Direct Finance

Catalogue credit account
            Commenced 2004?(correction 1994)
            Bal £2182.16
            Last paid 25-1-10
            No arrangement but sending £1 token payment monthly
            Acc Owner Shop Direct Finance/ NDR writing

3-2-11 CCA request sent
            4-2-11 Delivered
            17-2-11 £1 chq cashed
            26-2-11 12 + 2 days up on the 23-2-11 No CCA recieved
            28-2-11 CCA recieved E-MAILED NIDDY
            Recieved a 2 page doc from Shop Direct today (well outside the 12+2 days) do not remember signing anything that looks like the docs they have sent me, 1st page says account opened 1994, 2nd page has my signature on it and dated 2005, totally confused now. Will await further advise.
            Last edited by clueless24; 1 March 2011, 18:39.

Comment

Hi Niddy
              Have recieved CCA for above account would appreciate you taking a look many thanks.
              This is enforceable i'm afraid (Egg). However I note you have paid for PPi, weren't you a self employed individual - basing this on the occupation I can see? Anyway, I guess you could look at a reclaim which would then wipe the balance - have a read here and speak to Di if necessary, she's the reclaim expert on here!

---> Reclaiming

If you do want to consider a reclaim (no harm in trying); then i'll move your Egg posts over to the reclaim section as and when you start a thread.

best of luck.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Recieved a 2 page doc from Shop Direct today (well outside the 12+2 days) do not remember signing anything that looks like the docs they have sent me, 1st page says account opened 1994, 2nd page has my signature on it and dated 2005, totally confused now. Will await further advise.
                Ok, this is easy to explain - can you recall what you purchased to warrant such a high start balance? i.e. £1349? It must have been a large item like furniture or entertainment stuff? Get that out the way first and it'll all become clearer.

My logic here is that you ordered something big (as above) and opted to pay over 3 years thus the 3 year fixed term agreement (in line with s.77 CCA1974). That's what I read it as being - but if you're saying that you only ordered some clothes and then added more and more to get to that balance of £1349 then it changes things - so try and remember, I presume you'll know what you bought at such a high cost?

The item(s) are not important, what I am trying to establish is whether you took 3yr finance for one large item or whether this was a cumulation of smaller purchases bunched into one.....

The dates; these differ - again, because I suspect you opened the account on X date and by the time you got the goods and your first statement, the dates differ - however the agreement would be signed/dated later because unlike traditional lending they allow you the goods prior to actually giving you the agreement....

Waiting for your response.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  This is enforceable i'm afraid (Egg). However I note you have paid for PPi, weren't you a self employed individual - basing this on the occupation I can see? Anyway, I guess you could look at a reclaim which would then wipe the balance - have a read here and speak to Di if necessary, she's the reclaim expert on here!

---> Reclaiming

If you do want to consider a reclaim (no harm in trying); then i'll move your Egg posts over to the reclaim section as and when you start a thread.

best of luck.
                  Hi Niddy thank you for your response on this one, I did mention that I had successfully reclaimed PPI on this account back in Sep 2010 which was paid to the account because I was in arrears and default. Should I now revert to paying the £1 token payments each month?

Comment

Ok, this is easy to explain - can you recall what you purchased to warrant such a high start balance? i.e. £1349? It must have been a large item like furniture or entertainment stuff? Get that out the way first and it'll all become clearer.

My logic here is that you ordered something big (as above) and opted to pay over 3 years thus the 3 year fixed term agreement (in line with s.77 CCA1974). That's what I read it as being - but if you're saying that you only ordered some clothes and then added more and more to get to that balance of £1349 then it changes things - so try and remember, I presume you'll know what you bought at such a high cost?

The item(s) are not important, what I am trying to establish is whether you took 3yr finance for one large item or whether this was a cumulation of smaller purchases bunched into one.....

The dates; these differ - again, because I suspect you opened the account on X date and by the time you got the goods and your first statement, the dates differ - however the agreement would be signed/dated later because unlike traditional lending they allow you the goods prior to actually giving you the agreement....

Waiting for your response.....
                    Hi Niddy thank you for that, I am 99% certain that this will have been accumulated goods over a period of time but will go through my paperwork and see if I can confirm one way or another I certainly do not remember buying anything with that kind of value.
                    Can I also ask if I should be doing anything with the accounts that I have CCA'd and that have not responded, it is now a month since these were requested?
                    Thank you as always

Comment

Hi Niddy thank you for your response on this one, I did mention that I had successfully reclaimed PPI on this account back in Sep 2010 which was paid to the account because I was in arrears and default. Should I now revert to paying the £1 token payments each month?
                      ahh bugger sorry - thats why the balance dropped by half of course! I don't remember things i'm afraid, I rely on updates when you guys post as I have a lot going on (in my small head)!

I would probably consider making some payment, yes. may be for the best!

Comment

Hi Niddy thank you for that, I am 99% certain that this will have been accumulated goods over a period of time but will go through my paperwork and see if I can confirm one way or another I certainly do not remember buying anything with that kind of value.
                        Can I also ask if I should be doing anything with the accounts that I have CCA'd and that have not responded, it is now a month since these were requested?
                        Thank you as always
                        Ok please confirm as this makes a difference, ie how can they group together several smaller items into one loan unless you ordered it all at the same time, as one order, with one total (ie £1,349) - to allow a 3yr payment term? It doesn't seem right, plus if it was a new account only taken out a month prior to getting that CCA - what was your limit as no new customers get such high limits at outset, thus it leads me to believe it was one larger item you ordered.

Now you know why it is important to establish what you bought.....

As for chasing others, leave them be. It stays unenforceable until such time they respond. All you do is stop paying and await a response to your CCA Request.

Comment

Thank you as always

Hi clueless24,

I have 4 acc's that I CCA'd in October last year and still have not heard from them. (I'm tempting fate now ). As they have not responded to my CCA request they are in default. So I would let "sleeping dogs lie". Until they provide a CCA there is nothing they can do.

****edit: Looks like Nid beat me to it ****

Best regards
                          Last edited by Oct Revolution; 3 March 2011, 11:00.
                          Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Hi Clueless - sounds like you got lots to be getting your head round, but I can see things are a lot more clearer for you.

xx

Comment

Ok please confirm as this makes a difference, ie how can they group together several smaller items into one loan unless you ordered it all at the same time, as one order, with one total (ie £1,349) - to allow a 3yr payment term? It doesn't seem right, plus if it was a new account only taken out a month prior to getting that CCA - what was your limit as no new customers get such high limits at outset, thus it leads me to believe it was one larger item you ordered.

Now you know why it is important to establish what you bought.....

As for chasing others, leave them be. It stays unenforceable until such time they respond. All you do is stop paying and await a response to your CCA Request.
                              Hi Niddy
                              Thank you for your prompt response, my head now hurts, I am probably being really dim here but I opened the account in 1994 which they confirmed in page 1 of the CCA, I am 100% certain that I have never ordered a single item of that sort of value, however it would be likely that it would have been several items to that value, I will try and find the paperwork to confirm.

Comment

Hi Niddy
                                Thank you for your prompt response, my head now hurts, I am probably being really dim here but I opened the account in 1994 which they confirmed in page 1 of the CCA, I am 100% certain that I have never ordered a single item of that sort of value, however it would be likely that it would have been several items to that value, I will try and find the paperwork to confirm.
                                Have a bigger think and confirm please. Only you know what you ordered - but it means a lot to the outcome so you need to be accurate....

Comment

Working...
                                X