GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spud's UE Diary

just keep an eye on it Spud, Moorcroft appear to have swallowed a wasp's nest recently, the amount of threatening shyte they are producing at the moment is increasing, they are usually just plain shyte but they are lashing out at the moment so just be aware.

Comment

Thanks Mrs D

I had read about them becoming a bit more "Aggressive" so it is something I will watch out for. At this early introduction stage I will ignore and see what they come up with. This is an overdraft ( Now unauthorised and closed) account not a credit card so I imagine I will have to play it a little differently.

I think there could be some points to defend upon here but I know we have limited prtotection with regard to overdrafts ect

Some learning to be done me thinks
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Halifax Credit Card

Start: June 2001
        Balance: £11200
        Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
        Present: Not making payments

Jan 05th
        Missed payment letter received
        Jan 16th
        Jan 18th
        Jan 20th
        Change of circumstances letter sent
        Feb2nd
        Letter detailing last 2 missed payments
        Feb 2nd
        Missed payments letter received
        Feb 9th
        Response to my change of circumstances letter
        Feb 9th
        Another response to the above letter !!!
        Feb 9th
        Yet another response to the above same letter !!!!!!
        Feb 9th
        You wont believe this… Yes yet another response to the above letter !!!!!!!
        Feb 17th
        Default Notice received
        Feb 22nd
        Letter – Contact only by Phone
        March 2nd
        Termination notice received
        March 9th
        Income & Expenditure request letter
        March 15th
        Albion Collections – Welcome letter
        April 2nd
        Albion Collections – Call us letter – Still not paid
        April 3rd
        Letter detailing the two last missed payments
        April 5th
        Please freeze interest and token payment letter sent
        April 12th
        Albion Collections – Pay now or further action letter
        April 19th
        CCA Request letter sent
        April 20th
        Albion Collections – Income & Expenditure required letter
        April 23rd
        Albion Collections – Pay now before action letter
        April 24th
        Halifax acknowledgement of CCA request letter
        May 2nd
        Albion Collections – Threat of doorstep collector letter received
        May 14th
        CCA reply Received
        May 14th
        Albion Collections – Threat of doorstep collector letter received
        May 17th
        Please freeze interest and token payment sent
        May 18th
        Formal Complaint – Harassment by telephone and doorstep collector
        June 2nd
        Letter detailing last two missed payments
        June 19th
        Please freeze interest and token payment letter sent
        July 4th
        Formal complaint – Continued harassment after previous complaint
        July 10th
        Blair Oliver and Scott – Introduction letter
        July 18th
        Please freeze interest and token payment sent
        July 23rd
        Blair Oliver and Scott – Threat of Doorstep Collectors letter
        August 14th
        Blair Oliver and Scott – Door step Collector threat o Gram
        August 20th
        Contact only in writing and token payment letter sent
        August 31st
        Blair Oliver and Scott – Phone us letter
        Sept 18th
        Blair Oliver and Scott – Phone us letter
        Sept 20th
        Freeze interest/Contact only by phone and token payment letter sent
        Oct 8th
        Blair Oliver and Scott – Phone us – Doorstep Collector threat o Gram
        Oct 9th
        Blair Oliver and Scott - £1 pcm Token payment is acceptable
        Oct 22nd
        Contact only by letter and token payment letter sent
        Nov 17th
        Token payment sent
        Dec 18th
        Token payment sent

Jan 21st
        Token payment sent
        Feb 6th
        CCA sent to Niddy - Niddy says
        April 17th
        Token payments now due for review – Call us now
        July 8th
        I refer to our letter dated July 8th ref your complaint ( I have not written to them since January)
        July 24th
        Letter from Blair Oliver and Scott – Notice of Intended Court Action received - Contacted Paul for advice
        August 10th
        Reply to Blair Oliver and Scott (Pauls Letter)

August 17th
        Template letter from Halifax themselves ( Bog standard template letter) But Headed "Notice of Legal Action" and claims to be a "letter before claim" - Account
        passed to our litigation department to commence a court action for payment ect

It could just be a scare tactic but I can see that this may now escalate - Will get back in touch with Paul and see if he is in a position to offer me some advice yet. I didn't want to have to bother him just yet with the new post ect.

Any experiences of Halifax and litigation?
        Last edited by Spud; 17 August 2013, 02:34.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
          Halifax Credit Card

Start: June 2001
          Balance: £11200

Feb 6th
          CCA sent to Niddy - Niddy says what did Niddy say?
          April 17th
          Token payments now due for review – Call us now
          July 8th
          I refer to our letter dated July 8th ref your complaint ( I have not written to them since January)
          July 24th
          Letter from Blair Oliver and Scott – Notice of Intended Court Action received - Contacted Paul for advice
          August 10th
          Reply to Blair Oliver and Scott (Pauls Letter)

August 17th
          Template letter from Halifax themselves ( Bog standard template letter) But Headed "Notice of Legal Action" and claims to be a "letter before claim" - Account
          passed to our litigation department to commence a court action for payment ect
          ^^^^ Is there a bit missing from February 6th in this diary post? Did Niddy say your CCA was or

Also I can't see any letters sent to Halifax or Blair Oliver Scott which challenged their CCA response which you received in May 2012. If you haven't told them that you don't accept they've complied with your s.78 CCA Request how will they know because they're not psychic. Could this be why things are escalating Maybe you've sent some template letters but not updated your diary to reflect this, so my apologies for sounding rude if you have Perhaps there was something relevant in "Paul's letter" sent on 10th August that you haven't told us about?

EDIT: read back through diary and can see Niddy said your CCA is UE
          Last edited by PlanB; 17 August 2013, 10:04. Reason: updated to say CCA is UE :)

Comment

If it is a letter before action Spud, then as you say contact Paul. You need to respond to this.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
              ^^^^ Is there a bit missing from February 6th in this diary post? Did Niddy say your CCA was or

Also I can't see any letters sent to Halifax or Blair Oliver Scott which challenged their CCA response which you received in May 2012. If you haven't told them that you don't accept they've complied with your s.78 CCA Request how will they know because they're not psychic. Could this be why things are escalating Maybe you've sent some template letters but not updated your diary to reflect this, so my apologies for sounding rude if you have Perhaps there was something relevant in "Paul's letter" sent on 10th August that you haven't told us about?

EDIT: read back through diary and can see Niddy said your CCA is UE

Guys (And Girls) Sorry, Yes I have not really fully updated my diary and of course missed off that it was UE - Schoolboy error ( Rushing..... and when I cut and paste the UE smiley didn't transfer through !!)

I have sent the missing P/t's template - Twice I think, I will get the folder out and bring the diary bang up to date ect ( I always forget to update my diary - Must improve on that!)

I will get a response put together and try to contact Paul for further advice

Thanks all - One day I will get myself finally organised

Comment

Check the template out spud, LBA.

You will find them here http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...5-legal-threat but contact Paul first

Comment

A bit of advice is required regarding my recent NatWest SAR request

I sent off the Advanced SAR request about 2 weeks ago ( Will be updating diary shortly !!!)

Just had a letter back stating that the signature doesn’t match the one they have on file ( Because I signed digitally plus they are obviously buying some time !!!)

It also states that they cannot find a record of this account despite me putting the correct account number at the top of the letter ( As we always so). Now this I can sort by resending the account number ect and making it ever so clear for them because they obviously cannot read !

Now I am a little concerned that NatWest may be using this as an attempt to gain some sneaky information about me

NatWest state that I must send them a photocopy of 2 items ( From a list) to provide proof of address and proof of identity. ( Now a photocopy is not really going to prove things conclusively really I mean…. Like I couldn’t forge a photocopy….Not worth the paper it is printed on )

One of these items is easy ( Proof of address) because I can send them some of their very own statements from the last few months. However the other example must be one of the following ( Current full driving license, Current passport, EU national ID card, Armed forces card, Police warrant card)

Now the only one of those that I hold is a driving license but for obvious reasons I don’t want to send them a photocopy of that because it could contain information used to trace me ect ( Drivers number ect)

What would happen if I didn’t drive?

I obviously will be writing back but I need some advise from those who have experienced Natwest's "Standard delay tactics"......They did the same with my CCA request until I sent Niddys template letter. I guess the reply will be along the same lines but just wondering how others have got around this before I start typing out a letter.

Others must have come across this from NatWest

I would be happy to produce those documents ( and more) in a branch but not for photocopies or Driver number ect to be taken

If they were just asking for a signature, I could send the AAD Signature strip but they do not want a signature, Only the information requested that for obvious reasons I don’t really want to send ( Unless I have to)

Comment

Sorry Spud...haven't had any dealings either with Natwest or with SARs.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Sorry Spud...haven't had any dealings either with Natwest or with SARs.
                      No problems Pixie....I appreciate you looking in, Thankyou

Comment

If you have written to them from the same address that they have sent statements to, then there should not be a problem. However, Crap one, did the same to me, in the end I just signed it with my usual signature. They did not accept that either, resent with a different signature, accepted! Don't know why? However docs they sent were UE. Eventually after lots of chasing, by them, umpteen phone calls, by them, got a letter admitting that my debt was still due, but they couldn't enforce it. Shame! Usual tactics!

Comment

Thanks Enforcer

If it was just a signature they were after I would just use the AAD strip

I think I might write them a letter explaining that they have been sending me documents to this address for several years ect

Then state that I will either produce these documents for inspection at a local branch or just send photocopies with sensitive information "blacked out" such as driver number ect that could be used to identify or trace me in the future ect.

Comment

Nothing new to report really....Just locating my diary as I have promised myself to finally update it properly and then intend to keep it that way

1 account per day - Thats the plan

Just found my diary on about page 5

Comment

in this game Spud, no news is good news

hope it stays that way for you

Comment

It's great when your diary ends up on later pages because it means no-one's hassling you
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X