GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spud's UE Diary

New Company owner = hence make a mark before falling back! but they may be in for a shock very soon it seems, no comment until verified!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We've been getting a few of these on the forum, Spud. Their "Head of Legal and Compliance" is quite pushy.
      As Pixie says, I would send a new CCA Request off, stop them in their tracks.

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks all, I had seen that there were a few "same" type letters from them........ Let hope they don't have too much of a shock when they all come back U/E !!!!!

CCA request being printed off this afternoon and sent Tuesday.......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA Credit Card

Start: Jan 2002

Balance: £2700
          Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
          Last Token Payment: January 2013
          Present: Not Paying

Jan 20th
          Change ofcircumstances letter sent
          Jan 24th
          Over credit limitletter received
          Feb 8th
          Reminder – Paymentnot received
          Feb 8th
          Account restrictedletter
          Feb 22nd
          Arrears noticereceived
          Feb 22nd
          Token paymentletter – Asking could they freeze interest
          March 8th
          Arrears letterreceived
          March 21st
          CCA RequestLetter sent
          March 27th
          Most recent terms and conditions received…..
          March 30th
          Payment due immediately letter
          April 3rd
          CCA Reply received
          April 4th
          Missed payments letter received
          April 5th
          Token payment letter – Asking could they freeze interest
          April 13th
          Account restricted letter
          April 24th
          Notice of sums in arrears
          May 10th
          Imminent terminationof agreement letter
          May 17th
          Token payment letter – Also Telephone harassment and doorstep visit letter sent
          June 1st
          Account restricted letter
          June 7th
          Default notice received
          June 19th
          Token payment letter – Asking them to freeze interest
          June 23rd
          Notice of sums in arrears
          July 4th
          We are unable to stop interest until we have your income and expenditure sheet
          July 18th
          Complaint that they will not stop interest despite me sending them my income and expenditure sheet
          July 19th
          Token payment letter sent
          July 27th
          Call us letter
          August 15th
          Account terminated letter
          August 20th
          Token paymentletter sent – Also further harassment latter
          Sept 13th
          Acknowledge my complaint
          Sept13th
          Account sold to Aptiv Kapital
          Sept 20th
          Token payment letter – Ask them to stop interest and stop calling me –Remind them of telephone harassment letter
          Sept 21st
          Still investigating complaint letter received
          Oct 3rd
          Aptiv Kapital welcome letter
          Oct 3rd
          We note your account has been sold
          Oct15th
          Response from MBNA to my complaint – We could not freeze interest because we did not receive acopy of your income and expenditure sheet
          Oct 22nd
          Nov 2nd
          Account sold to Aptiv Kapital letter received
          Nov 4th
          Aptiv Kapital 10% discount offer letter
          Nov 6th
          Aptiv Kapital –Thank you for arranging a payment plan with us – I never arranged anything !!!!
          Nov17th
          Dec 5th
          Aptiv Kapital 10% discount offer letter
          Dec 18th

Jan 4th
          Aptiv Kapital – 10% discount letter received
          Jan 21st
          Feb 6th
          CCA sent to Niddy – Niddy says UE
          March 3rd
          Aptiv Kapital 10%discount letter received
          April 9th
          Aptiv Kapital 10% discountletter received
          April 30th
          June 6th
          July 1st
          July 12th
          Aptiv Kapital - Wenotice that you have not been making any payments letter received
          Nov 19th
          Aptiv Kapital -Discount offer voucher letter
          Dec 3rd
          Money off voucher –Pay off the account letter

Jan 7th
          Money off /Discountpayment letter
          Feb 5th
          March 4th
          March 28th
          Telephone harassmentletter sent
          April 7th
          We areinvestigating your complaint letter received
          May12th
          Letter from AK –Please tell us when you left your previous address.......I didn't reply!!!!

March 11th
          Letter from PRA –Your account is being looked at by our investigations and litigation dept
          April 2nd
          Letter from PRA –If you don’t contact us by a certain date the account will automaticallytransfer to our solicitors – The letter does not allow time to contact their offices due to double bank holiday period?
          April 3rd
          Letter ofcomplaint to PRA – Physically impossible to meet your stated deadline due to your office being closed for 4 days/ Modified Prove it letter as I have had no formal introduction to PRA.
          April 21st
          Letter from Judge & Priestley Solicitors – Unless debt settled within7 days, They are to commence proceedings against me without further notice.
          22nd April
          CCA Request sent to PRA
          22nd April
          LBA Response letter sent to Judge & Priestley
          5th May
          Letter from J&P - Confirming receipt of my LBA letter, Docs have been requested
          9th May
          Letter from PRA acknowledging my CCA request
          30th July
          I&E form from J&P along with unreadable copy of an Application form and a couple of statements
          3rd Aug
          Letter from PRA - Letter of Assignment received from PRA ( Aptiv Kapital to PRA Group)

It looks as though Judge & Priestley have sent me one of their LBA's......They have been sending a few out recently by the look of it.....Same wording as for other members

I never did manage to send another CCA request due to having the flu (Getting better now)

I will send PRA a CCA Request and Judge & Priestley a LBA response letter due to the threat, Unless you think J&P should have both?
          Last edited by Spud; 3 August 2015, 13:45.

Comment

New CCA sent off to PRA yesterday along with the LBA response sent to Judge & Priestley........

Lets see what they will come up with or if they decide to issue a claim......

Comment

Well I have got a reply to my LBA response from Judge and Priestley......

They have forwarded my letter to their client PRA and they state that PRA have confirmed that all documentation has been requested from MBNA and warn me that this might take some time !!!!!

There they are threatening poor defenceless Spud with legal action and they don't even have the paperwork in their possession !!!!!

It might not even exist !!!!

I know they all do it but that doesn't make it right does it? Yet another (Small I know) point for my defence

Lets hope they fall over and break a leg in that wet slimy dark basement

Comment

There reply to me was that PRA had complied with my request and if I don't respond within 7 days, they have instructions to issue legal proceedings!

Comment

Let's hope it keeps them busy and off your back for a while (forever).
                  Yes J&P are very trigger happy at the moment. When did you last make payment on this one Spud? Is it anywhere near Statute Barred?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                    Let's hope it keeps them busy and off your back for a while (forever).
                    Yes J&P are very trigger happy at the moment. When did you last make payment on this one Spud? Is it anywhere near Statute Barred?

Elsa x
                    Fingers crossed, Last payment was only 2 and a half years ago so a little way to go yet unfortunately

I have no doubt that J&P will finally issue a claim on this one ( Depending on the quality of the docs received from MBNA which as yet have been UE) as I certainly am not in a position to pay and will not back down or start making token payments again.

Its a sub £3K (Alledged!!!) debt, I have nothing to lose by taking it all the way to court with their dodgy documents unless they come up with something more substancial.

I guess it will come down to a commercial decision for PRA. Judge and priestley will want their fees and to take it to court and bear their own costs to get £1 week back?

Comment

they are away looking Spud, I've got a few that have been "looking" for some time, some months for some, some years for others.....................

Comment

I'm in a bit of a difficult position with this one at the minute

PRA are requesting docs from MBNA which presumably will be underway now

As it is likely that J&P will issue a claim on this I want to send off an advanced SRA request but I want to get the timing right

If I send off the SRA too early there is a risk that they will send a copy of everything they find for me over to PRA because it will be "live" in the file where there is every likelihood that once they have supplied docs to PRA, Any further digging they do for me will be sent out and then forgotten as MBNA have no interest in the account. I am aware of the timescales for the SRA hence the dilemma ( Well of sorts anyway!!!)

Probably over thinking it some but it is the small little details that win the day and I don't want to lose the initiative If I can possibly help it

Comment

If they do issue a claim our standard practice now is to send off a SAR anyway, so maybe cross that bridge when/if you come to it Spud xx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                            If they do issue a claim our standard practice now is to send off a SAR anyway, so maybe cross that bridge when/if you come to it Spud xx

SAR as I found case stayed until SAR received albeit late judge ignored anyway in the end

Comment

Thanks both, Its something that needs doing anyway

Perhaps I will wait until PRA send me some enforceable docs .......(Oh sorry it will be SB by then) I mean when they send me some more useless docs

Its good to get other peoples perspective on things sometimes

Comment

Good luck spud x
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X