GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spud's UE Diary
    Barclaycard Mastercard

Start: Pre 2006 – Will update
    Balance: £7800
    Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
    Present: Not making Payments

Jan 20th
    Change of Circumstances letter sent
    Feb 8th
    Letter received agreeing to token Payments
    Feb 22nd
    Further contact letter sent – Thankyou for Token payments ect
    April 8th
    Mercers - Default notice Received
    April 10th
    Mercers – Immediate action needed – Threat of Doorstep Collector
    April 18th
    Resolvecall Introduction letter
    April 21st
    Reply to Resolvecall – Prove it letter
    April 27th
    Mercers – 48 hours notice of doorstep collector
    May 4th
    Resolvecall – No longer dealing with account
    June 6th
    Mercers - £1.00 Token payment offer letter
    August 8th
    Phonecall asking to confirm address – We’ve got a parcel to deliver - Capquest
    August 9th
    Capquest – Doorstep visit threat o gram letter
    August 24th
    Capquest – Letter before action letter threatening Bailiffs ect
    Sept 8th
    Capquest – Letter confirming no interest or fees added to account
    NO DATE ON LETTER
    HL Legal – Court proceedings May be taken letter
    Sept 23rd
    Capquest – Apparent we need to start litigation/ Reduced offer letter

Feb 11th
    CCA request sent to Barclays
    Feb 7th
    Capquest - Please contact us letter received
    Feb 20th
    Capquest - Falsley claim that I had acknowledged to pay £1 PCM - I did not
    Feb 24th
    Barclaycard - CCA (Recon Received) Niddy says

March 8th
    Barclaycard - Have sent a copy of original Application - Totally
    Aug 21st
    Barclaycard - Account passed to APEX for collection
    Aug 28th
    APEX Welcome letter received
    Sept 2nd
    Prove it letter sent to APEX
    Sept 7th
    Apex - Explination letter received
    Sept 30th
    Apex - Please contact us letter
    Nov 18th
    Apex - Please contact us letter
    Nov 25th
    Sold in dispute letter sent to APEX
    Nov 29th
    Thank you for your letter dated 25th Nov - If you want a copy of your CCA send £1 payment ??????
    Dec 7th
    Letter from Apex - Our enquiries show that you are resident at this address - They only had to ask !!!

Jan 4th
    Letter from Apex - We are authorised to concider a discounted settlement - Contact us
    Feb 10th
    Letter to Apex - This account is in dispute letter sent
    Feb 26th
    Letter from Barclaycard and MKDP ( Sent together from MKDP) - This account has been sold to MKDP LLP - You need to contact us to repay this debt

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclays Mastercard update

This has now been sold to MKDP which is suprising as it is 100% UE and I never signed a credit agreement for it - They offered it to me as an existing Barclaycard holder, All I had to do was sign an acceptance slip which has absolutely no details or terms on it at all........It must have been going cheap as Barclaycard were not getting anything out of it

I have no personal experience from MKDP but from what I read they can be pretty full on and trigger happy with the N1's so I will need to be abit more tenacious with this one from now on

Anybody got any words of advice regarding MKDP?

I will wait to see what they send next before sending a reply - Stretch the fun out a bit
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Spud,

I think with all three just hold tight until they contact you

Have a search of the threads to see how MKDP operate

Comment

just send the swid when they contact you unless you have an actual letter from Barclaycard saying they have zilch?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            just send the swid when they contact you unless you have an actual letter from Barclaycard saying they have zilch?
            Thanks both - No not quite that lucky with Barclaycard but I know they have nothing - All they could send me in response to my CCA was a copy of the "10 second " acceptance sheet -( Existing Barclaycard account number, Name and Signature thats all)

And a old set of terms that are riddled with mistakes

Comment

just be careful MKDP haven't quite perfected their listening skills, so once they make contact, whack off the swid

Comment

Thanks Mrs D

I'm going to wait until they make contact and then send off the SWID letter as you say and at the same time tag a bit on the end ref telephone harassment and home visits. Sent Recorded

Hopefully that will make then sit up and investigate - And slow them down a little

As they have bought a bad one here I dont want to have to tell them too early that its utter #####

Better let them have it for 6 months first -By the time they realise its a dud there will hopefully be less chance of it being handed back to Barclaycard and they will be more inclined to just leave it alone in the dud pile to gather dust

Or thats the plan at least

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                  Thanks Mrs D

I'm going to wait until they make contact and then send off the SWID letter as you say and at the same time tag a bit on the end ref telephone harassment and home visits. Sent Recorded

Hopefully that will make then sit up and investigate - And slow them down a little

As they have bought a bad one here I dont want to have to tell them too early that its utter #####

Better let them have it for 6 months first -By the time they realise its a dud there will hopefully be less chance of it being handed back to Barclaycard and they will be more inclined to just leave it alone in the dud pile to gather dust

Or thats the plan at least
                  I like your plan............

Comment

As predicted - A second letter from MKDP in timely fashion....." We have not received your payment proposals" letter

I have sent them a very basic " I have no idea who you are" Stalling letter - Should stretch it out for another 10 days as a part of the experimental "Stalling"plan.........See what they come back with in reply

Then the SWID letter next

Comment

they seem to bat out letters on a monthly schedule, always towards the end/beginning of the month.

I would time you SWID so that they get it before they have a chance to up the anti at the end of the month......................

Comment

Ahhh

That's quite interesting.......Prehaps the big bosses roll up to do a review just before month end and they pile the pressure on!

Timing would be just about right for the end of the month as well.........Its all fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle

Comment

just keep a wary eye on them................nasty pieces

Comment

After months of nothing from the MBNA account........I felt so unloved as I kind of got used to the empty threat letters........Some nasty people from the PRA group ( Whoever they are?) have sent me a letter saying that they will automatically pass this account to their Solicitors ( Judge and Priestley) to review with a view to starting court action If I don't telephone them on the number they have given by Monday 6th April 2015!!!!!!

Best of it all the letter wasn't received until Thursday evening so with Bank Holiday Monday ( Where they don't answer the phone - I checked), Sat and Sun (Where their offices are closed) and the deadline Monday 6th which is a bank holiday it is physically impossible to comply with their deadline !!!!!!!!!

This is UE as Apkiv Krapital could not comply fully with my CCA request. I know PRA is the new name for AK but they have never written to me to tell me officially ect

PRA are saying that they hope I take this last chance to engage with them before they pass this to Solicitors. Not exactly an LBA but certainly ramping it up a little. Similar I think to letters others have had recently from PRA

I sent them a adapted prove it letter outlining that I have no idea who PRA are and pointing out that I cannot possibly comply with their deadline as it is impossible, The best thing I could do was send them this letter Saturday morning so they should receive it on Tuesday morning first thing.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to follow this up with another CCA request as it has been a few years now and they could not comply last time.

I will post up the diary entry again when I have had time to make sure it is 100% up to date

Any ideas ref Judge and Priestly and PRA getting a bit more pro active?
                            Last edited by Spud; 4 April 2015, 10:46.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spud;493786]After months of nothing from the MBNA account........I felt so unloved as I kind of got used to the empty threat letters........Some nasty people from the PRA group ( Whoever they are?) have sent me a letter saying that they will automatically pass this account to their Solicitors ( Judge and Priestley) to review with to court action If I don't telephone them on the number they have given by Monday 6th April 2015!!!!!!

Best of it all the letter wasn't received until Thursday evening so with Bank Holiday Monday ( Where they don't answer the phone - I checked), Sat and Sun (Where their offices are closed) and the deadline Monday 6th which is a bank holiday it is physically impossible to comply with their deadline !!!!!!!!!

This is UE as Apkiv Krapital could not comply fully with my CCA request. I know PRA is the new name for AK but they have never written to me to tell me officially ect

I sent them a adapted prove it letter this morning so they should receive it on Tuesday morning first thing[/QUOTe

Comment

It does seem as if PRA are getting a little more proactive so sending a new cca request is a good idea
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X