GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rhinoman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhinoman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rhinoman UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Hiya, nope the letter is spot on - don't worry about it, i'm not disputing the enforceability of anything - I am disputing the default notices which extinguish the debt. That part you highlighted was put in to finish the sentence - its fine, we want to put them to strict proof thereof and this will suggest that you think they don't have an original....

Look at the bigger picture, the default notices are unlawful. This may mean you taking them to court for removal as well, if they point blank refuse... however it'd be many moons away cos first you send that, then you complain to ICO/FOS and then the CRA's - if none of them authorise removal then you have to sue the data processor for removal and damages...... sometimes it takes that long to sort default removal that they auto fall off your record prior to action being taken - lol...

Make sense?
    Hi Niddy
    Does this have any relevance to my defaults?
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...14&postcount=1
    Regards
    The DCA Vultures are circling above, But the Rhinoman isn't dead yet !
    He's just sharpening his Horn for the next round. Bring it on !

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoman View Post
      31st of January 2011 another letter from Cabot stating that I had failed to respond and contact them despite their attempts to phone and write to me. Anyway was going to ignore it and went to file the letter in the in my Cabot file and noticed that it is for a different account, for a different amount and has a different Cabot reference number on it. So off up into the loft to search for any information on this account and found a reference to this account with last contact of July 1999 when I moved. So clearly this account is statutory barred as no contact, payment or acknowledgement has been made since that date.
      2nd of February 2011 Sent Cabot a recorded delivery letter stating that this account is Statutory Barred.
      Link to
      Template letter below
      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1864&postcount=18
      I am so glad you posted the link to the template you sent - cos it is called Statute Barred - i'm glad you never wrote to them quoting an act that doesn't actually exist - phew!
      10th of February 2011 Received the letter from Cabot acknowledging that the account is(Statutorysorry I mean) Statute barred and so governed by the limitations act 1980 and the account has been withdrawn from their regular collections process.
      I good result me think!! they are a bunch of
      Last edited by rhinoman; 10 February 2011, 13:24. Reason: change date of letter received

Comment

Update

3rd of February 2011 Have just had an anonymous numbers phoning me so answered it and the man asked to speak to me, "I asked who it was" he said "CL Finance" I said "sorry we only communicate in writing with you" He said "if I could just confirm your name and address" to which I replied "no I cannot complete security with you" he then went on to say "that he had received some post that he'd like to discuss with me" to which I replied "yes I can discuss it by post with you is that all right"and put the phone down.
        I guess this is about the special letter we sent them last week I was itching to know what he had to say about the letter and despite my heart being in my mouth I stayed cool and told him he needed to reply in writing.
        I think I did the right thing.
        Well done, its always best to do what you done and get it in writing - excellent, lets see what he says in his response
        Update Accounts 8 and 9
        10th of February 2011 Received the letter from CL Finance with reference to your recent letter of complaint, your complaint has been logged you will be dealt with according to our complaints procedure, and confirming they are currently investigating the issues and a formal response will be issued on completion of our enquiries. They have also enclosed is a copy of the complaints procedure and according to that should not take longer than 10 days to investigate my complaint.

Comment

Hi Niddy
          Does this have any relevance to my defaults?
          http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...14&postcount=1
          Regards
          You quoted my response in the same post as your question.... I said in that not to worry about default removal right now, one less out of many to come is irrelevant at this stage.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

10th of February 2011 Received the letter from Cabot acknowledging that the account is(Statutorysorry I mean) Statute barred and so governed by the limitations act 1980 and the account has been withdrawn from their regular collections process.
            I good result me think!! they are a bunch of
            Well done - that's one down mate
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update Accounts 8 and 9
              10th of February 2011 Received the letter from CL Finance with reference to your recent letter of complaint, your complaint has been logged you will be dealt with according to our complaints procedure, and confirming they are currently investigating the issues and a formal response will be issued on completion of our enquiries. They have also enclosed is a copy of the complaints procedure and according to that should not take longer than 10 days to investigate my complaint.
              As before, just wait and see what happens.....

Comment

Well done - that's one down mate
                Thanks Niddy It's not one on my current ones as listed in my diary, this is a very old one which I thought was dead and buried 10+ years ago funny how things keep coming out of the woodwork.
                Regards

Comment

Thanks Niddy It's not one on my current ones as listed in my diary, this is a very old one which I thought was dead and buried 10+ years ago funny how things keep coming out of the woodwork.
                  Regards
                  what are you like!

Thing is, now is the time to sort everything so may as well have all the statute ones come out as well, saves you chasing them I guess

Comment

A CCJ in favour of the the revenue for £7xx0 reduced to getting a small refund and another small refund to come just awaiting for paperwork to verify, but did cost me £1xx0 for the accountant
                    Update
                    21st of February 2011 Received a phone call from the Inland Revenue advising me that my claim for equitable liability has been accepted (my accountant has confirmed that I now have a zero balance showing revenues online system. But thinks that I may not get the very small tax rebate we thought was coming but he will have to look into that later) the revenue also informing that they will be replying to the court to have the CCJ set-aside and all this should confirmed in writing within the next few weeks.
                    I have today written a letter of complaint to the revenue complaining about the way that they have handled my tax affairs over the last 14 months. (It's a long story but I'll keep you informed of any developments is re-my complaint)

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoman
                      Update
                      18th of February 2011 I have today received the letter from Crappot it's not the news I was hoping full I will e-mail it to Sir Niddy:niddy to see what he thinks and what the next move should be.
                      It's basically saying they don't agree with what we say about it being unenforceable, Not accepting my offer for full and final, requiring me to fill in income and expenditure form before they can accept payment plan, and offering settlement figure nearly 3 times more then had been offered.
                      Incidentally this offer is higher than one Cabot offered by them previously when it was lumped together with two accounts this one the Citi and another debt which was statute barred (and the solicitor had not realised that and was negotiating on both of them.)
                      So in other words now they want more for this one debt.
                      Hiya, was it this letter you refer to? ---> #121 If not please link me to it....

Comment

Update
                        21st of February 2011 Received a phone call from the Inland Revenue advising me that my claim for equitable liability has been accepted (my accountant has confirmed that I now have a zero balance showing revenues online system. But thinks that I may not get the very small tax rebate we thought was coming but he will have to look into that later) the revenue also informing that they will be replying to the court to have the CCJ set-aside and all this should confirmed in writing within the next few weeks.
                        I have today written a letter of complaint to the revenue complaining about the way that they have handled my tax affairs over the last 14 months. (It's a long story but I'll keep you informed of any developments is re-my complaint)
                        Nice one, best news is getting the CCJ set-aside.....

Keep us posted, it may be best if you create a new thread about this here: ---> Tax & Benefits

Comment

Hiya, was it this letter you refer to? ---> #121 If not please link me to it....
                          Hi Niddy
                          No not that letter but this one http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=132
                          Thank you
                          Regards
                          P.s Have resent the letter I received to you

Comment

Hi Niddy
                            No not that letter but this one http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=132
                            Thank you
                            Regards
                            P.s Have resent the letter I received to you
                            Hiya

I don't need to see letters, ONLY agreements unless I ask for a copy.... that's what fills my inbox and makes me run and hide for days at a time!

Ok, I suggest you copy that letter again and sent it with a one liner cover note saying "I strongly suggest you read, acknowledge and respond as appropriate, to each point made in my letter dated XX/XX/2011. I have made my position perfectly clear to you, I have also confirmed that I shall not complete I&E forms so please stop wasting both our times and accept the offer as made out in this letter"

See what they come back with...

Comment

Hiya

I don't need to see letters, ONLY agreements unless I ask for a copy.... that's what fills my inbox and makes me run and hide for days at a time!

Ok, I suggest you copy that letter again and sent it with a one liner cover note saying "I strongly suggest you read, acknowledge and respond as appropriate, to each point made in my letter dated XX/XX/2011. I have made my position perfectly clear to you, I have also confirmed that I shall not complete I&E forms so please stop wasting both our times and accept the offer as made out in this letter"

See what they come back with...
                              Thanks Niddy letter done and going the post today

Comment

Thanks Niddy letter done and going the post today

Comment

Working...
                                X