GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rhinoman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhinoman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rhinoman UE Diary

Originally posted by rhinoman View Post
    okay decision made, right let's go For full and final at about that level.
    Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account and our recent correspondence. Being we're going round in circles, plus I'm considering a full reclaim of unlawful charges; I feel it would be best to come to some amicable solution to settle the debt once and for all.

Therefore, I'd like to offer a single payment of £500 in full and final settlement of the debt. I cannot afford any more, I have been offered a loan in order to clear one of my accounts, I have come to you with this offer first, prior to utilising the Common Financial Statement in order to reach an amicable monthly agreement, which would be at the rate of £1 - based on the Trigger Figures for my expenditure.

Take into account the interest and unlawful charges, I do feel that a single one-off payment of £500 to clear this small £1800 debt is more than ample, otherwise please send me your bank details so that I can start to make £1 monthly payments toward the debt, for the record it'll take 50 years to achieve the same result if you decide to accept monthly payments so please take this into account prior to replying with a simple "no".

To summarise, I am more than happy to settle for a single one-off payment of £500 to be made within 7 days of receiving your response, so long as this response agrees with and ensures that the following actions will be carried out;
    1. You accept £500 in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance;
    2. The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”;
    3. The Current Balance will appear as £0.00;
    4. The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00;
    5. You will update the entries on all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
    If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper, confirming that you're happy to accept a single payment of £500; and I'll then send a cheque in the next day so we can close this and move on.

I look forward to your response and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to end matters on a more positive note.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just subscribing as its F & F.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Dear Sirs,

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account and our recent correspondence. Being we're going round in circles, plus I'm considering a full reclaim of unlawful charges; I feel it would be best to come to some amicable solution to settle the debt once and for all.

Therefore, I'd like to offer a single payment of £500 in full and final settlement of the debt. I cannot afford any more, I have been offered a loan in order to clear one of my accounts, I have come to you with this offer first, prior to utilising the Common Financial Statement in order to reach an amicable monthly agreement, which would be at the rate of £1 - based on the Trigger Figures for my expenditure.

Take into account the interest and unlawful charges, I do feel that a single one-off payment of £500 to clear this small £1800 debt is more than ample, otherwise please send me your bank details so that I can start to make £1 monthly payments toward the debt, for the record it'll take 50 years to achieve the same result if you decide to accept monthly payments so please take this into account prior to replying with a simple "no".

To summarise, I am more than happy to settle for a single one-off payment of £500 to be made within 7 days of receiving your response, so long as this response agrees with and ensures that the following actions will be carried out;
        1. You accept £500 in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance;
        5. You will update the entries on all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
        If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper, confirming that you're happy to accept a single payment of £500; and I'll then send a cheque in the next day so we can close this and move on.

I look forward to your response and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to end matters on a more positive note.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
        Thanking you Niddy for the letter I will get it printed out sent off
        recorded delivery ASAP !
        Regards
        Rhinoman
        The DCA Vultures are circling above, But the Rhinoman isn't dead yet !
        He's just sharpening his Horn for the next round. Bring it on !

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Dear Sirs,

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
          Thanking you Niddy for the letter I will get it printed out sent off
          recorded delivery ASAP !
          Regards
          Rhinoman
          Hi All
          11th September 2011 received the letter from AK Confirming they except my proposal of a full and final settlement Which is really good news But just want to check the Conditions set out in their letter fully protect me in the future and the last point will not have too much effect and is nothing to worry about.
          their letter says
          1. we will not endeavour to recoup any written of balance at a future date.
          2. the default entry appearing on your credit file with the credit reference agencies in respect of this account will be updated to the effect that the account has been settled to our satisfaction.
          3. the current balance will appear as £0.00.
          4. asked me to note that however they cannot set the
          default/delinquent balance to £0.00

Please clarify that it is in order to accept the offer as payment needs to be made within 7 days of receiving the letter.

Regards Rhinoman

Comment

Hi rhinoman, have been asked to look in. Looks like a result to me. However I would not argue the delinquent balance issue. We (our sols) only ever asked that the CRFs be marked up as "satisfied". Unfortunately unless it is really a pressing matter the CRF entries only have to be a true refelction of the conduct of the account. With an F & F you are admitting the debt anyway so it is true reflection of the account's conduct to show that balance. However they will showing zero as owing so thats good.

I only have one slight contention with their statement in the wording "we will not endeavour etc". That does not in itself preclude the selling off the delinquent balances to someone else. I would just reinforce my own position in the covering letter saying something like " it is a condition of this cheque being encashed that there will be no pursuit of any outstanding balance now or in the future by anyone".

You have Lord Justice Lloyd on your side anyway in the Court of Appeal where he said in Stour Valley Builders, "it matters not what the crditor intends, but by his words and actions he has led the debtor to believe"

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Thanks Garlok
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                Hi rhinoman, have been asked to look in. Looks like a result to me. However I would not argue the delinquent balance issue. We (our sols) only ever asked that the CRFs be marked up as "satisfied". Unfortunately unless it is really a pressing matter the CRF entries only have to be a true refelction of the conduct of the account. With an F & F you are admitting the debt anyway so it is true reflection of the account's conduct to show that balance. However they will showing zero as owing so thats good.

I only have one slight contention with their statement in the wording "we will not endeavour etc". That does not in itself preclude the selling off the delinquent balances to someone else. I would just reinforce my own position in the covering letter saying something like " it is a condition of this cheque being encashed that there will be no pursuit of any outstanding balance now or in the future by anyone".

You have Lord Justice Lloyd on your side anyway in the Court of Appeal where he said in Stour Valley Builders, "it matters not what the crditor intends, but by his words and actions he has led the debtor to believe"

regards
                Garlok
                Thank you Garlok a letter has been written as you suggested to accompany the cheque including the line you suggested, A cheque is going to be raised tomorrow and sent off by recorded delivery.
                Many thanks for all your help!
                Regards
                Rhinoman

Comment

Letter received 22 of October 2011 from Aktiv Kapital re-my Egg account thanking the clearing my account and advise me that the Credit Bureau will be updated to show the account Is satisfied and will show zero balance and as Aktiv Kapital UK Ltd are the legal owners of the account, That no further action will be taken on the account now that the account is paid in full.
                  As this was an enforceable account I am glad to get this one settled and off my hands It does however appear twice on my credit file once as Egg and once as AK but as this will be dropping off my credit file hopefully January 2012, So I don't think I will threat over this for waste time writing to the Credit Reference Agency.

I would like to extend my thanks to Niddy, Garlok, In 2 Deep and Bboo for their grateful received help and support in bringing this account to an end.
                  Last edited by rhinoman; 23 October 2011, 11:23.

Comment

Letter received 24th of September 2011 from Link Financial the letter titled complaint acknowledgement letter at the present time unable to resolve your complaint but acknowledge receipt that it. Your complaint has been assigned to a complaints manager. Please find enclosed a copy of our summary of our complaints procedure. we will to contact you within the next four weeks.

So we wait with bated breath and see what comes back from them later on !

Letter received 22nd of October 2011 from Link Financial Outsourcing
                    HOLDING LETTER
                    At this time we are unable to resolve your complaint as our investigations into the allegations made by you is still ongoing.
                    We are trying to complete the investigation as quickly as possible and apologise time taken so far to resolve your complaint.

Well what can we take from that a part from still being unenforceable as the CCA request has not been fulfilled, Can we assume that they cannot find the relevant information to fulfil my CCA request or is that just wishful thinking.
                    Regard
                    Rhinoman

Comment

You are very welcome rhinoman. Certainly for my part, the satisfaction comes from you achieving the goal that you wanted to achieve.

Very well done!!

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

Well done Rhinoman, must feel great getting rid of them for good
                        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

I have a CCJ in favour of Mercedes which has been settled and I do have a letter from the solicitors confirming it has been settled at on the credit reference agencies it does not show as settle should I need this in place for the time being as a red flag to other DC is a may be thinking of taking the same action in the future or should I write to the courts for the them a copy of the letter explaining that it has settled and paying I believe £15 fee for a certificate of satisfaction or does anyone think that's I could live for this to be set aside on the grounds that at the time of the judgement I did agree with the amount been claimed, But now subsequently do not agree as it's has been set for what I now believe to be the correct amount.
                          So looks like I'm asking three questions leave alone as a warning to others and keep me away from temptation, Or apply the certificate satisfaction and possibly improve the appearance of my credit file for option three applied to have it set aside from the grounds.
                          Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly received from anyone with superior knowledge to mine for similar experience.
                          Thank you
                          kind regards
                          Rhinoman.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                            Well done Rhinoman, must feel great getting rid of them for good
                            Thanks Susie, It sure does feel good to get rid of them for good even if it does mean digging deep and parting some cash from time to time.
                            But still a long way to go before journeys !!
                            Regards
                            Rhinoman

Comment

Hi All
                              11th September 2011 received the letter from AK Confirming they except my proposal of a full and final settlement
                              Yep, thought they would.

Result mate

Well done
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have a CCJ in favour of Mercedes which has been settled and I do have a letter from the solicitors confirming it has been settled at on the credit reference agencies it does not show as settle should I need this in place for the time being as a red flag to other DC is a may be thinking of taking the same action in the future or should I write to the courts for the them a copy of the letter explaining that it has settled and paying I believe £15 fee for a certificate of satisfaction or does anyone think that's I could live for this to be set aside on the grounds that at the time of the judgement I did agree with the amount been claimed, But now subsequently do not agree as it's has been set for what I now believe to be the correct amount.
                                So looks like I'm asking three questions leave alone as a warning to others and keep me away from temptation, Or apply the certificate satisfaction and possibly improve the appearance of my credit file for option three applied to have it set aside from the grounds.
                                Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly received from anyone with superior knowledge to mine for similar experience.
                                Thank you
                                kind regards
                                Rhinoman.
                                If you settled the CCJ within the standard 28 days from judgment (is this the last one we done a F&F on?) then you pay for the Certificate of Satisfaction and send a copy to the CRA's and trust online, who will then remove all trace of it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X