GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BarclayCard and M+S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BarclayCard and M+S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BarclayCard and M+S

also I have recieved an email from lowell saying they are chasing me for the last remaining debt and they have tried contacting me, but I now believe they are all statue barred so just wondering where do I go from here

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
      also I have recieved an email from lowell saying they are chasing me for the last remaining debt and they have tried contacting me, but I now believe they are all statue barred so just wondering where do I go from here
      If you are certain then send this ----> Statute Barred - England (6 years)........Statute Barred - Scotland (5 years)
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok I shall now they are all statue barred how can I begin to repair my credit rating? Also before they were statue barred certain things only showed on certain checks e.g experian, noddle why was this?

Comment

You just need to make sure that your last payment was 6 years ago, or last acknowledgement of the debt was 6 years ago. It has nothing to do with when defaults were issued.

Comment

I think the last payment date was before the default is there anyway I can check this accurately? And if the last payment was before the default which ones do I count from ?

Comment

You can check your statement if you still have it. If not the only way to be sure is to request your statements in an SAR request.

The date to use is the last payment or acknowledgement of the debt, such as if you wrote to them saying you were going to sort it out or the like.

Comment

I've checked my bank statement and the last payment was before the default date

Comment

default date has nothing to do with it, the date of the last payment made is what you need. Was THIS more than 6 years ago?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes it was a lot longer than that, I only have one bank account so if a payment was made it would be from there

Comment

• Re: BarclayCard and M+S

I've checked my bank statement and the last payment was before the default date
                      Then 6 years from that date, the last payment

Comment

Yes it was a lot longer than that, I only have one bank account so if a payment was made it would be from there
                        Well, if anyone chases, send them the SB letter
                        Last edited by Deepie; 18 January 2014, 08:21.

Comment

Brilliant I thought it was from the default date ls even better news, when do they begin to drop off my credit rating? Im
                          going to be looking to get a mortgage in a few years so want to start as soon as

Comment

drops off your credit file 6 years after default.

statute barred and default are two different things, try not to confuse the two. Its statute barred 6 years from last payment, its removed from your credit file 6 years from default.

Comment

Ah right I see so when the default drops off is that when my credit report begins to recover? Sorry if I sound stupid or ask silly questions but I've never had dealings like this before

Comment

yes thats correct

Comment

Working...
                                X