GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BarclayCard and M+S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BarclayCard and M+S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BarclayCard and M+S

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
    This is the last time I paid anything
    If you're last payment was in January 2007 then this debt will be well and truly statute barred now, unless you've acknowledged it since (our template letters are fine). If Lowells get pushy then you can tell them it's SB (we have a template for that too).

It has also dropped of my credit report so I sssume its been 6 years

It would drop off your credit file six years after it was defaulted irrespective of whether you pay or not. My debts won't go SB for a year after my defaults drop off because I went into a DMP after they were all defaulted. It's the last payment that matters not the default. Although Lowells will tell you different

Comment

Am I ok to ignore as per usual?

Comment

Well if it is indeed SB send the SB Template
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          if it is indeed SB send the SB Template
          Room Service

Here it is > http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...barred-england

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            LOL ....that's my job .....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'll have to check bank statements again to confirm last payment I'm sure it was around the same time as the default, I think i got a little confused with default dropping off and it becoming stat barred, so I'll make certain before I send any letters

Comment

I'll have to check bank statements again to confirm last payment I'm sure it was around the same time as the default, I think i got a little confused with default dropping off and it becoming stat barred, so I'll make certain before I send any letters
                Why?

Comment

Because I'm not sure its stat barred and don't want to send the letters and look silly, i checked my bank statements as far back as nov 08 and there was no payment from then to now

Comment

I'm not sure its stat barred and don't want to send the letters and look silly, i checked my bank statements as far back as nov 08 and there was no payment from then to now
                    Do you mean you can see that you made a payment in November 2008? Or do you mean that you have definitely not made a payment since November 2008 but it could have been earlier than that?

The accuracy of this information is vital because you could be only days/weeks away from this debt being SB so you must avoid a summons at all costs because that would stop the SB clock.

We'll suggest which letter you should send (if any) once you clarify this point.

Comment

My online banking statements only go as far back as nov 08 so like you said i may only be weeks away from statue barred which is why I'm cautious in sending the letter, I haven't made any payments from then until now but can't be sure about before that

Comment

My online banking statements only go as far back as nov 08 so like you said i may only be weeks away from statue barred which is why I'm cautious in sending the letter, I haven't made any payments from then until now but can't be sure about before that
                        I read that to say you have definitely not made a payment since November 2008. That should mean the debt will be statute barred from November 2014 (next month). What is the start date on that November statement?

I've now had an offer of paying 25% to lowell ignore again I guess?

How does that letter you received from Lowells end? Does it say what they will do if you don't accept their 25% offer to clear the debt? Is there a time limit for accepting/declining the offer? I'm trying to second-guess their next move if you don't reply to this letter.

If there is no threat or hint of a threat you may be able to hold fire for their next letter which you can respond to with the SB template, but everything depends on the wording of this current letter.

You have recently moved house (only 10 days ago) so do you have Royal Mail re-direct set up to keep tabs on things?

Comment

The letter said
                          A special offer for you, for a very limited period
                          To help you clear your debts. We'd like to offer you a discount of 75% off your outstanding balance AND, if you can't afford to pay it all at once, we can even set up a repayment plan and spread out the remaining balance so you can pay monthly.
                          It really is that simple, just follow these easy steps:
                          1. Call us on 0113 308 6041 and tell us if you're paying in full or need to spread the payments
                          2. Make the payment in full or setup a monthly Direct Debit for the instalments
                          Once the payments have been made the remaining balance will be cleared and the debt will no longer exist.
                          But, we do need to speak with you in the next 10 days to take advantage of this offer - even if you can't pay immediately. Don't worry, we won't ask you to pay any more, but we do need to update our system to stop any further action.
                          If you'd prefer, you can even email us at post@lowellgroup.co.uk to tell us how you'd like to pay.
                          Yours sincerely,
                          Andrew Bartle
                          Chief Operations Officer
                          Lowell Financial Ltd

I haven't had chance to check the statements yet but I would say beginning of November

Comment

Because I'm not sure its stat barred and don't want to send the letters and look silly, i checked my bank statements as far back as nov 08 and there was no payment from then to now
                            If I have understood your postings correctly, Bowells offered you the deal of clearing the debt for only 25% of its nominal value.

Are Bowells normally noted for philanthropy?

Is the Pope a $cientologist?

Do bears only shit in gold-plated khazis?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              I read that to say you have definitely not made a payment since November 2008. That should mean the debt will be statute barred from November 2014 (next month).
                              From my recollection of how those bastards operate, I'd say it is not exactly impossible that the alleged debt is already SB and that the gits are trying it on.

Comment

Yes they have offered me to pay 25% to go away haha and a bear in a gold khazi id love to see that

Comment

Working...
                                X